.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old September 5th, 2010, 04:41 AM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs Poland

Turn 11

Pretty quiet around Hill 1 right now. Reserve platoon still moving towards the North Woods. If you recall me mentioning some enemy FT-18 tanks a while ago and not saying much else about them, well it is because they haven't done much. They now seem to be moving towards the western edge of the North Woods at the speed of a glacier. I'm going to have to send a tank from Force 3 after them because Force 1 only has the ATGs on the hill. Hardly useful for running down tanks, even very slow ones.

Incoming mail on the road near two of my tanks. No damage, but time to move. Most enemy infantry out of the field now. They are either running or swinging south on the west side of Hill 2. I did making to destroy the damaged TKS found in the North Woods and inflict more casualties on the enemy infantry. I'm going to move my light tanks out and chase after some infantry.

One platoon from Force 2 popped through a tree line on the northwest side of Hill 2. All they had to shoot at was routed enemy infantry. An enemy AT rifle team showed up on the western slope of the hill and took a few shots at my AC. No damage. I'm going to move my infantry that way. The remaining infantry from Force 2 is going over Hill 2, heading to the West Woods. Enemy infantry is continuing to skirt the hill on the west side heading south. HMGs continued to rip into the enemy infantry west of the South Woods. They are all running now.

Engaged the enemy with my two Kosmolets, inflicting more casualties. Medium tanks are continuing to move up.

Counter battery fire started coming in on enemy 75mm guns. I adjusted fire and should FFE on turn 13.

Casualties

Friendly: No casualties.

Enemy: 1xTKS tankette destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; September 5th, 2010 at 05:02 AM..
Old September 5th, 2010, 05:01 AM

Captain

Turn 12

One enemy squad sighted northwest of Hill 1. Engaged with HMGs and light weapons, with no damage. Enemy artillery also hit Hill 1, causing no damage, but suppressing my ATGs and the company HQ. Continuing to move reserve platoon to the woods. Hill 1 should be well defended without them.

More enemy artillery hitting the road, but I moved my tanks out. Two are hunting for the enemy FT-18s entering the woods and two more are south of the South Road. I sent the armored car south as well. My infantry is continuing to push forward north of the road and stumbled across an enemy AT rifle team and destroyed it. Another team was destroyed in the field south of the road by infantry as well. Tanks moving forward slowly to engage running enemy, but stopped once the AT rifle team was spotted. Three light tanks going over Hill 2 to engage enemy infantry on the west side.

Armored car engaged and destroyed yet a third enemy AT rifle team. Those things are everywhere now. Force 2 infantry pulled out of the tree line and are moving over the top of Hill 2. One squad moved into the line of sight of some enemy units, took casualties and turned tail. The enemy, in turn, moved into the LOS of one of my HMG sections on the hit, got hit and also turned tail.

Started moving my Force 4 medium tanks towards the west side of Hill 2. Those enemy units skirting the hill should start popping out of the woods soon. A couple of enemy squads showed up just north and west of the unclaimed flag southwest of Hill 2. They were engaged by the HMGs and tanks. One popped smoke and ran, while the other is pinned.

Casualties

Friendly: Two casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 15 casualties.
Old September 5th, 2010, 05:24 PM

Captain

Turn 13

No enemy artillery this turn, but it suppressed some units during the last turn. No damage however. Sent enemy squad running and another one showed up. Engaged with HMGs from Hill 1 and drew fire from an unseen AT rifle team in the North Woods. I should have gotten infantry in there patrolling long before now.

Force 3 pushing reserve platoon up South Road while other platoons hold flanks. Pushing platoon in the North Woods out looking for the AT rifle team. Moving two tanks slowly behind infantry since I know there is danger in the woods. Other tanks and infantry engaged a few distant and routed enemy infantry squads.

Continued to engage enemy infantry west of Hill 2 with armored car, light tanks and HMG team. Pushed the enemy off the western slopes of the hill. Also, engaged enemy infantry to the southwest with remaining HMGs.

More enemy infantry spotted approaching unclaimed flag. Engaged all enemy around flag with tanks and Kosmolets. Most have broken and are running.

Counter battery fire scored well. Destroyed one 75mm howitzer and pounded the other target location well. Time to move my mortars.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero casualties.

Enemy: 1x75mm howitzer destroyed, estimated 25 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; September 5th, 2010 at 05:41 PM..
Old September 5th, 2010, 05:40 PM

Captain

Turn 14

Enemy infantry all on the run. Engaged with HMGs inflicting some light casualties. Fired into the North Woods with an HMG team and zeroed in on the enemy AT rifle team. Can't see them, but know where they are. Plotted a 50mm mortar on the location in case I can't get infantry there to take care of them. Lost sight of enemy FT-18 tanks.

Pushing forward along South Road. All enemy units are running and not worth firing on. Incoming mortar fire just north of Hill 2, suppressing a few tanks and infantry.

Infantry moving over Hill 2 and some pushing west. Small fire fight broke out between one enemy squad and one of mine. I lost a couple men there.

Continued to engage enemy infantry west of South Woods. I'm the only one shooting right now. They are just running.

Casualties

Friendly: Two casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 5 casualties.
Old September 5th, 2010, 05:52 PM

Captain

Turn 15

All quiet around Hill 1 right now.

Continuing to push forward into North Woods and down South Road. Found an enemy infantry squad in the woods. Traded a few shots with them, costing me one casualty My infantry and tanks are pushing forward in the field south of the road as well. Drew more AT rifle team fire.

Starting to push into West Woods. Managed to destroy one enemy infantry squad with infantry and light tank fire. Also found the AT rifle team firing at Force 3 in the field and destroyed it.

Pushing west towards unclaimed flag. Maybe I'll save Force 2 the trouble of getting this one. The machine gun teams at the ambush site are getting bored.

Casualties

Friendly: One casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.
Old September 5th, 2010, 06:05 PM

Captain

Turn 16

I jinx the guys on Hill 1 every time I say it is quiet. Two more enemy squads showed up, but hit by HMGs and infantry. One has stalled and the other is running.

The western edge of the North Woods is crawling with Polish forces. Infantry in about company strength and those tanks I keep talking about. All platoons catching fire. Moved tanks up in the woods to engage. Both sides took casualties here.

A little resistence near the West Woods, but it broke quickly. Still moving my forces forward

Turned flag with my Kosmolets and moved my tanks up some. One active enemy squad showed up, but no damage.

Resupplying mortars right now. Going to plot them on the hornets nest in the North Woods.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Old September 5th, 2010, 06:19 PM

Captain

Turn 17

Sent enemy in field nortwest of Hill 1 running. One platoon moving forward in northern edge of North Woods.

Major fire fight going on with enemy in western edge of North Woods and along the road. They are on the attack, but I bloodied their nose. Light tanks moved up from Hill 2 and engaged with medium tanks and infantry. My 50mm mortar fire starting coming in and yep, they got me Dang things fell about 200m short. At least no casualties from that. Tanks took a few shots at an FT-18 spotted. No hits.

Continuing to push into West Woods. No resistence encountered.

Sent enemy squad running down south. No other enemy units in sight.

Plotted 82mm mortars on the enemy in the West Woods, but a little further away than with 50mm mortar plot.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 25 casualties.
Old September 5th, 2010, 07:06 PM

Captain

Turn 18

Watching enemy forces run from Hill 1, but nothing more.

Forming up to advance on enemy position in North Woods after mortar fire comes in. Adjusted fire on the 50mm. Engaged one exposed enemy squad just south of the road and sent it running. One FT-18 popped out and I took a few shots at it with no luck. Did destroy an AT rifle team that also came out of the woods.

Pushing Force 2 through the West Woods. Left HMGs on Hill 2 to cover flank.

Moving tanks and scouts forward west of South Woods. My plan is to take another flag as long as no enemy infantry shows up. If they do, I'll leave the chore to Force 2.

Casualties

Old September 5th, 2010, 07:21 PM

Captain

Turn 19

Peppered part of the North Woods with area fire from one HMG. No response, so maybe that AT rifle team has moved on and maybe it is the one destroyed last turn. Enemy mortar fire fell about 250m west of Hill 1. They were way off target.

Still waiting for mortars to hit the West Woods, but slowly tighting up on the enemy. One squad found the other two FT-18 tanks, so all three are visible now. 50mm mortar fire came in and even after adjusting fire, it hit some of my units. It has a realitively short range and I was firing at almost the maximum. At max range, mortar rounds scatter pretty good. A couple of enemy squads tried to push forward, but we stopped. One FT-18 has a new window, but it still in action.

So far, the West Woods are clear. Continuing to push through.

Still moving towards enemy flag with Force 4. No contact. Men at ambush site decided to take a nap.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 5 casualties.
Old September 5th, 2010, 07:31 PM

Captain

Turn 20

All quiet around Hill 1.

Engaged and destroyed two FT-18s and damaged the last one. Now, two FT-17 tanks just showed up. Looks like someone raided the Warsaw Museum for equipment. 82mm mortar rounds started to fall. I'm going to shift the fire further southwest and start pushing forward from the north.

West Woods still quiet.

Enemy platoon showed up on small hill southwest of West Woods. They were engaged by Force 4 tanks.

Casualties

Enemy: 2xFT-18 tanks destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.