.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:26 AM

Corporal

Brian61 is on a distinguished road
Default South of Myslenice 9/39

Continuing in the exploits of Kapitan Kolasa of the 10th Calvary (motorized) Brigade, this scenario places his squadron up against the lead column of the 2nd Panzer Division. This should be a touch easier than the Ambush at Tenczyn scenario but hopefully still challenging and enjoyable.

Hope this is of interest,
Brian

PS: someday I'll have to redo (again!) the first scenario in the series (Black Brigade at Wysoka) to include elements from the 3rd Gebirgs Division otherwise that portion of the opposition gets skipped.
Attached Files
File Type: zip South of Myslenice.zip (49.5 KB, 198 views)

Last edited by Brian61; April 3rd, 2011 at 05:28 AM.. Reason: it helps to include the scenario
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian61 For This Useful Post:
Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:44 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: South of Myslenice 9/39

Turn 15 , Polish DV 1997 / 101

When I saw all those Panzers heading up the road I thought... "this can't be good...." but turn 8 was not a happy time for the Panzertruppen. Think along the lines of the Scot's Greys at Waterloo glorious charge into oblivion kinda thing as I drew my "line in the sand they shall not pass" at the first V Hex.

The reapers once again proved when used well they are a deadly asset to the Poles with Corporal Kasperski in his TKS.m accounting for 11 kills over the course of the scenario.

It would be helpful to Brian to hear how other did with these scenarios to know if DV's are typical. Around turn 6 I really thought I was going to be brushed aside and overrun.

FYI I also repositioned many units on turn 1 so this was an active, not passive , defence

Don

Last edited by DRG; April 3rd, 2011 at 10:56 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:21 AM

Corporal

Brian61 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
It would be helpful to Brian to hear how other did with these scenarios to know if DV's are typical.
Yes it would be very helpful. It is hard testing your own scenarios since you not only know what to expect but also are operating under the same assumptions you made when designing the scenario.

For example with this one, my last test bettle was a pure ambush with only minor unit relocations and I ended up with a decisive. A pure passive test with no relocations resulted in a loss.

Don's results show a well done active defense can result in a decisive. It would be nice to know if everyone is getting a decisive then I could up the difficulty, adding some more infantry or artillery perhaps.

Thanks,
Brian
Old April 5th, 2011, 04:02 AM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

I tried this one out.
I got some early success on the german AC's as they raced into polish infranry and tks-m's.
I barely had time to move the 37mm guns in a better position before the onslaught from the PZII's with thier infranty.
There was some of them crossing the stream!
How's that for AI ingenuity!
In the end Gerry arty and air units did punish the poles, I did hold most of VH's except the first one on the road, but paid dearly for it in polish infrantry and weak armour.

Got a draw.

Tough battle and a good one,don't think you need to make it any harder, keep them coming

Last edited by gila; April 5th, 2011 at 04:25 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to gila For This Useful Post: