.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old August 4th, 2006, 06:36 PM

Colonel

shovah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pure Dominion victory

Well look at scales and then try to match them to neighbours, otherwise patroll and catch one in the act. When trying to dominion kill some-one aswell as stealth preaching make sure to have some high level priests on your border (atleast level 4), if you can get these then if you have a 5 astral mage around cast angelic host, gives you an archangel and 6 angels. The archangel as well as being a flying lvl4 priest and fire 3 mage can make a decent thug/SC. He can cast phoenix power, holy avenger, fireshiled and phoenix pyre (i suggest boots of quickness for his feet) and if he has fairly high prot (i had a forge lords hammer+forge of the ancients so mine had an invunerability robe) and lifedrain (or phophetise him and rely on regen from a ring of regen) he should do well. His awe causing him to be hit less and the fire shield and holy avenger punishing those who do, and if he gets killed he can come back with the pyre (mine also had e10 bless so good reinvig)
Old August 12th, 2006, 11:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

BigJMoney is on a distinguished road

Isn't there a high level spell where you can create/conjure a creature that spreads dominion like a prophet? What if you planned to crank those out every turn in the end game? Even once they do detect it, wouldn't it be too late by that time? I want to say there are two spells that do something like that, but I can't remember for sure.

=$= Big J Money =$=
Old August 12th, 2006, 11:57 AM

Captain

Ygorl is on a distinguished road

Juggernauts spread dominion (level 9 construction) and I think you can wish for dominion.
Old August 12th, 2006, 12:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

I will also ask if there are in particlar any nations that are more easily killed by mass dominion spread than others. For example, are there any nations that can't typically afford to put temples in every province? Are there any nations that would have an especially hard time defending temples?

Finally, is there any way to see the Dominion level of your enemies' pretenders from a menu in the game?

=$=
Old August 12th, 2006, 02:00 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
BigJMoney said:
I will also ask if there are in particlar any nations that are more easily killed by mass dominion spread than others. For example, are there any nations that can't typically afford to put temples in every province? Are there any nations that would have an especially hard time defending temples?

Finally, is there any way to see the Dominion level of your enemies' pretenders from a menu in the game?

=$=
F2, F3 or F4 screen lists the titles of a particular pretender god in the beginning of sme description or other. The more titles, the more dominion. It might vary a little, but it gives you some hints about his magic, scales and dominion.
Old August 13th, 2006, 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Ygorl said:
Juggernauts spread dominion (level 9 construction) and I think you can wish for dominion.
Multiple juggernauts in one army all spread dominion individually, right? I built an army with 10 juggernauts at the end of my last game, and won after the 10th one was built through a dominion victory! It was hilarious because I wasn't expecting it (I wanted them to see combat, grr....) and those juggernauts were literally all the way on the other side of the world from my enemy's lands. I was going to use the Gate Stone to go in with 10 juggernauts, 10 Steel Dragons (or whatever they're called), 120 clockwork horrors, and 125 Ulmish fighting men. I really, really wanted to test out Will of he Fates and Army of Gold.

=$=

PS -- Do Army of Gold and Army of Lead stack on each other? Also....I seem to have a hard time getting my mages to cast powerful spells like these, even when they have a bunch of gems. Am I correct in thinking that every gem past the minimum requirement raises the effective caster level by 1 for puposes of fatigue? Does this caster level also effect the variable elements of the spell?
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:39 AM

Captain

Ygorl is on a distinguished road

The first gem raises the effective caster level for all purposes (right? certainly for purposes of if he or she can cast it at all...); additional gems reduce fatigue as you stated.

I don't know firsthand about the Army spells. I'm sure the protection stat increase (to 20?) doesn't stack (though the second one might boost it a bit more?) but I don't see any reason why you wouldn't get both the MR and FR bonuses...
Old August 14th, 2006, 05:55 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

The Juggernauts look pretty cool and dominate the scene. It is not often that I call my wife to look at a screen in Dominions… However, they are pretty slow, so they never made it to the enemy ranks in the game I used them. If I remember, they are not terribly offensive in any case, so they may not have done much even if they did get there.
Old August 14th, 2006, 06:01 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah, it is Man and Panagea that are best suited to dominion victories with their cheap temples. I would think Mitlian is the worst, as you would need to put your blood slaves heavily into this, reducing your ability to do your other magics. On the other hand, if you were taking other magic paths and had a really good supply of blood slaves, they might be powerful. The water nations in SP would also do relatively well, as they can afford to build a temple right next to the enemy without fortifying too much. I have encircled enemies on the Britain map and it does seem to wear them down more than a regular frontal push does. However, that might be simply the effect of getting more temples out because I am avoiding costs on PD and forts.
Old August 14th, 2006, 08:33 AM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
BigJMoney said:
PS -- Do Army of Gold and Army of Lead stack on each other? Also....I seem to have a hard time getting my mages to cast powerful spells like these, even when they have a bunch of gems. Am I correct in thinking that every gem past the minimum requirement raises the effective caster level by 1 for puposes of fatigue? Does this caster level also effect the variable elements of the spell?
I think there's a limit on the number of gems a mage can use. One per caster level, I believe. That may be stopping your mages.