Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old July 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM

Private

loflyh is on a distinguished road
Default An Ammo Dump with Tracks?

July 1968, somewhere Republic of Vietnam
USA assault vs VC defend

The VC have a secret weapon, an Ammo dump, complete with armor and tracks. Now I want everyone on the same page with this, so here's the deal:

VC have an ammo dump, not ammo truck or halftrack or even so much as an ammo cart, just a plain old fashion ammo dump. You know, the kind you stick guards around so no one black markets your goods. It doesn't move, just a bunch of boxes and crates stack one on top another.

How come my infantry squad assaults this dump and I recieve a message similar to this:

Rifle Squad firing M16 HE
Track hit
Ammo dump immobilzed

Should this not be corrected by the programmers?

If not, please feel free to tell me where to cast my net next, no hard feelings, sometimes I miss important memos is all. [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grenade.gif[/img]
Old July 20th, 2005, 04:44 PM

Private

WestKent5097 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An Ammo Dump with Tracks?

I think that there is something in the code for fortifications/ammo dumps which is derived from vehicles, which is why you get these track hits/immobilization when attacking them. There was a post around recently on this when attacking a bunker.
Not sure if it can be fixed, but you could just treat it as immobilization of some support vehicles organic to the dump or minor damage not significant to destroy the facility.
Old July 20th, 2005, 06:30 PM

Corporal

loktarr is on a distinguished road

Mobhack (or DRG)said it was to considered as an hit on the ground around the bunker ...
Old July 20th, 2005, 06:50 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
loflyh said:
July 1968, somewhere Republic of Vietnam
USA assault vs VC defend

The VC have a secret weapon, an Ammo dump, complete with armor and tracks. Now I want everyone on the same page with this, so here's the deal:

VC have an ammo dump, not ammo truck or halftrack or even so much as an ammo cart, just a plain old fashion ammo dump. You know, the kind you stick guards around so no one black markets your goods. It doesn't move, just a bunch of boxes and crates stack one on top another.

How come my infantry squad assaults this dump and I recieve a message similar to this:

Rifle Squad firing M16 HE
Track hit
Ammo dump immobilzed

Should this not be corrected by the programmers?

If not, please feel free to tell me where to cast my net next, no hard feelings, sometimes I miss important memos is all. [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grenade.gif[/img]
An ammo dump is an ammo carrier with 0 movement points. Class "ammo carrier". In other words - an adaptation of a vehicle.

And even a vehicle with 0 MP can get immobilised. Just one of the quirks in the code.

Cheers
Andy
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:47 AM

Private

loflyh is on a distinguished road

Thanks to every one who replied, I would like to see this issue readressed in the future, but if not, I'll live ...Viva la WinSPMBT
Old July 21st, 2005, 11:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
loflyh said:
Thanks to every one who replied, I would like to see this issue readressed in the future, but if not, I'll live ...Viva la WinSPMBT
This has been addressed and will be included in the patch we will be issuing after the CD release

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....