BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Opponents Wanted
Notices

Old July 4th, 2009, 05:48 PM

Corporal

Snipey is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for an opponent

Just a very basic battle match. 1 on 1. 20x20 map. 250 point OrBat. I'll be playing as the Russians.

Also, I think I misplaced my CD, is a CD required for this game? If it is, I might just order another one.

The game should be conducted in real time. 3 minutes per turn. You really don't need more time with a 250 point OrBat. With 3 minutes per turn, the game should last from an hour to two hours. I can most likely adapt to your preferred time.

I'll try to check this forum every 12 hours, but I can only guarantee every 24 hours and I'd be happy to respond to any questions/comments/concerns.

Also, HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:52 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for an opponent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipey View Post
Just a very basic battle match. 1 on 1. 20x20 map. 250 point OrBat. I'll be playing as the Russians.

Also, I think I misplaced my CD, is a CD required for this game? If it is, I might just order another one.

The game should be conducted in real time. 3 minutes per turn. You really don't need more time with a 250 point OrBat. With 3 minutes per turn, the game should last from an hour to two hours. I can most likely adapt to your preferred time.

I'll try to check this forum every 12 hours, but I can only guarantee every 24 hours and I'd be happy to respond to any questions/comments/concerns.

You do know there is no hotseat play at all right? only PBEM. just checking
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
Quote:

You do know there is no hotseat play at all right? only PBEM. just checking
What do you mean? I've never played this game online. So you mean there's no way to do a timelimit? Can you please elaborate?

Ahh, ok, looked it up. But then how do you decide whether your units fire back or not when fired upon?
Old July 4th, 2009, 06:40 PM

Private

pjbandit2003 is on a distinguished road

Ahh, ok, looked it up. But then how do you decide whether your units fire back or not when fired upon?

It is all done by the AI for you. Nice aint it.
Old July 4th, 2009, 07:08 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbandit2003 View Post
Not really. Cause if your units fire too much, they get exposed, and I like to keep some of mine hidden. It's more fun to kill the enemy at one hex, then two hexes. But meh, it doesn't matter, cause your opponent has the same disadvantage.

But when you play by e-mail, how does that work? Isn't it when you make a move, you send the game to your opponent, and he makes a move and he e-mails it to you, right? So technically, you could still play it via speed, unless the e-mail takes forever, right?
Old July 4th, 2009, 10:39 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

What game are you talking about this is MBT by camo workshop the units always fire back you have no control. SPWaW you press the spacebar to choose if it fires but only against the AI which always fires which is why this game does not include that capability.
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:17 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

You can always set rules for when your units can fire back and with what weapon. Just press Y.

The CD is not required to play the game as long as you have installed it. Now, if it isn't installed and you want to play you can either download the free version, or buy the CD version or buy the recently released Digital Download version.

The CD version is better since it has some extra things (check the site), including my favourite PBEM campaign.
Old July 9th, 2009, 05:56 PM

BANNED USER

c_of_red is on a distinguished road

Snipey, Op fire (shooting at your opponent during his phase) is controlled by range in the DL version. In the CD version, you have control over range AND unit type, front armor rating and perhaps hex. I haven't figured out that last yet. Maybe if I could RTFM ( Read The fine Manual) but it looks like to can select a hex and bore sight that hex. One day I'll play with it and see what happens.
Anyway, you mail your half of the turn (phase) by attaching it to an e-mail. A fast paced game would be 2 or 3 turns per day. So you are looking at a couple of weeks if everything goes well.
There is a hotseat option. That requires you find another player that lives close enough to go and visit one another. In those game time limits are normal, although they are just between players and not automated or part of the game. I used to play a lot of hotseat and you can run a game by in a few hours. SP is IGO_UGO, which doesn't really lend itself to interactive online gaming.
Old July 18th, 2009, 04:26 PM

Private

pjbandit2003 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbandit2003 View Post
Not really. Cause if your units fire too much, they get exposed, and I like to keep some of mine hidden. It's more fun to kill the enemy at one hex, then two hexes. But meh, it doesn't matter, cause your opponent has the same disadvantage.

But when you play by e-mail, how does that work? Isn't it when you make a move, you send the game to your opponent, and he makes a move and he e-mails it to you, right? So technically, you could still play it via speed, unless the e-mail takes forever, right?
Actually I was being sarcastic. Sometimes it does suck when you forget to set a unit to not fire and it opens up at its max range and then gets blown to bits. But if you set the range (Y) down that will control a little on when it will fire.
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:00 PM

Corporal

Thank you for the comments guys. Well I'm still looking for an opponent, just a 1 v 1, e-mail, a turn in 12 hours, 250 point orbat, 20x20 map. I'll be playing as Russia. You can play as any other nation, or even green or red, just no combining, (no units taken from two nations) with the exception of US and US Marines, since they're both US. Also no green and red, as those combine multiple nations. Even though Chechnya isn't a nation, you can play as Chechnya.

Also, I'm wondering if I have to buy a cd. If I do, please let me know so I can order it. If not, I'd like to get this game started.

Just out of curiosity, anyone from Los Angeles, California want to do a hotseat game?