.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old September 5th, 2004, 03:18 AM

Captain

Aku is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP Game - Newbie Game (by Aku)

yeah the game literally time warped back some turns

now how the hell can the game timewarp turns backwards

boron had left me a message also that we should consider ending the game...its really looking like we should give it the axe
Old September 5th, 2004, 04:29 AM

Corporal

Lex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Aku said:
yeah the game literally time warped back some turns

now how the hell can the game timewarp turns backwards

boron had left me a message also that we should consider ending the game...its really looking like we should give it the axe
but I had a big bad army all ready to march!

actually, i wouldn't care if we ended this now.
Old September 5th, 2004, 04:45 AM

Sergeant

Pickles is on a distinguished road

Yeah ok to end by me looks in my limited world view that Aku has won (at least he has beaten me!). If anyone could have attacked him recently he would be pressed but I do not think I will be even a distraction much longer

Pickles
Old September 5th, 2004, 08:48 AM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

how can the game warp backward several turns ?!?
very straaange
Old September 5th, 2004, 02:31 PM

Captain

yeah i dont know how the time warp is even possible

looks like everyone wants the game killed so you can kill it klatu
Old September 5th, 2004, 04:14 PM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

It's too bad, for this game was so fun. But I think it is badly hosed and must die a painless death. We have had many a problem all along, and it is amazing that it was stable enough for us to go so far into the game.

As for declaring Aku the winner, the great and holy empire of Pythium will never agree on this. I even believe that after all the massive recent battles, the loss of the air queens and ice devils, and the (near) elimination both of the devil's two allies, Abysia is now only third best in this game.

I think Man is currently strongest, though my own Pythuim might be just as strong. It is difficult to know for sure without the score graphs.

Pangaea is certainly fourth, followed by Vanheim, R'lyeh, Arco, and then Caelum. Just my own opinion in my corner of the world, so I wonder what the other folks think.

To summarize, here is the official standings from the completely unbiased network, the one and only PNN:
1. Man
2. Pythium
3. Abysia
4. Pangaea
5. Vanheim
6. R'lyeh
7. Arcoscephale
8. Caelum
9. Machaka
10. T'ien Ch'i

I do have a question for all. I was not all that far from completing all research. When that happens, I was envisioning all my 100+ mages/priests reverting to defend castle. So, when I cycled through the next commander hot key (n), I could just see myself having to mess with a gigantic number of idle dudes. And every single turn too.

I assume that this dilema has happenned before to someone.
Old September 5th, 2004, 11:28 PM

Captain

I would disagree with ranking me third. I had all the arch devils and 3 ice devils(actually if it would of went to the next real turn it would of been 4) in my capital and was resummoning one a turn. I also in the next 2 turns was going to summon back 2 air queens. And on top of all that I was constantly summoning devils.

I personally feel I was the strongest nation. I had the most sc's, I believe the biggest gem income, and I know I had to be the biggest clammer. Too bad I didnt get to experiment with my idea with assassins with blood thorns and the dusk daggers =[.

Pythium and Man did have big armies but Man's armies would of been vulnerable to my flames from the sky because his troops have low hp(especially after I would of dispelled his gift of health if we went to war). I honestly didn't have any fear of defeat in the game. As time went on I would of had vampires for home defense and devils for offense but also complimented with multiple sc's(I wasnt going to send them out commando style anymore). And the air queens when resummoned I wanted them to go out with storm demons. I had a lot of plans I wanted to play with but the game got bugged bec of the damn patch =[.

But oh well I was ranked 3rd in the first newbie game until everyone actually realized as the game went on that I was the most powerful. It is because I go for the long term win but focus on the ability that I cant be destroyed bec I was fully confident that I couldnt lose in this game. But anyway, Im happy enough to give Klatu the win just for the sake of hosting the server through all the bull**** he had to deal with because of all the server problems of constantly having to reboot it almost everyday lol. But through all the problems this was a great game and a lot of fun with all of you guys.
Old September 5th, 2004, 11:42 PM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

ARE YOU CRAZY, PANTHER? How could you possibly put THE GREAT SPIDER LORD on the bottom of the list? C'mon!!! I was the first human player to go *POOF*. That should be worth at least 650,000,002,000,430,000.54 points!! I wanna see your math!! <froth froth>
Old September 6th, 2004, 12:44 AM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

These are interesting points, Aku. I guess after watching my hydras utterly rip your ice devils with ease, I suppose I decided that they could kill any SC. In fact, I had only 11 hydras in that underwater battle, which was less than 1/3 of them spread around my army. I also am fairly sure that the blessed hydras would rip the devils to shreds, what with the nine attacks (arranged three by three) per hydra and the poison. So I put you third because I felt I would be able to take you out fairly easily. Vampires are totally hopeless against the hydras with their regeneration. It would have been like swatting flies (flies seem immortal too when they swarm around you).

Plus your flmes from afar was fairly ineffective against my vine ogres, summer lions, and hydras, which was the only troops I recruited in the Last 20 turns or so.

However, I would have had severe trouble against man. His legions of longbows would have ripped my poor, slow hydras and they would have all gone berserked, thus making them even more suspectible to mass arrows. He would have lost tons of knights to the poison, though. But I would have probably lost all my hydras eventually to the longbows. That was why I thought he might have been ahead of me.

And as for you being able to rip Klatu, that sure makes sense to me. His longbows are no match for your fast flying devils. And flames from afar would utterly destroy his longbows before they got near you.

So, perhaps it might have been one of those rock/paper/scissors thingies.

Now, for Pasha Dawg, may I remind the UTTERLY DEAD spiders that they had exactly ZERO provinces left at the end? Even Caelum still had one province left, though it was under seige when the game went to the dawgs.

I also have to say that Serpent Cult is not all that bad a theme as I had orginally thought it was. In fact, had I gone 10 nature and got the extra regeneration plus the 4 berserk, it would have been even better. Blessed hydras rock big time! Each one is a full mini-SC without leadership. And the reduced upkeep cost on them is wonderful. But I was stupid and went only 7 nature, for some such newbie reason. Still, Serpent Cult was pretty darn decent after all, in my opinion.
Old September 6th, 2004, 12:58 AM

Captain

well the ice devils lost bec i assume they went berserk from hell swords bec of the tritons flying on them right away causing them to not cast any of their spells =[

but that was my intial sc's where equipment was limited, my new sc's all had blood thorns and lucky coins for a shield so no berserk messing them up

also i was going to stop sending sc's alone and send them with devil armies

the flames from the sky i stopped casting on you bec they couldnt kill the high hp units but the spell would of wrecked havoc on man if he invaded me

so i could of devastated man while man could of devastated you lol

for the hydras i could of gave them poison immunity with one of those misc items since a slot would be open from the lucky coin also could of done bane lord or wraith lord sc's

would of been interesting but oh well