.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old April 9th, 2009, 03:43 PM

Corporal

Amorphous is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA Argatha - go punch a mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
the reason not to go n2 instead of n4 is in your post. Its hard to get the astral necessary for ring of sorcery and ring of wizardry.
I sort of have to disagree here as long as we are talking Baalz' CBM-pretender. You only need one of each for him and that is well within reason. For the rest you use summoned nature mages.

Quote:
And n4 will benefit your sacred troops and casters - if they are going to die (due to disease), stick em in combat so they return to full hp.
Not the inanimate sacred troops (or am I wrong) and those are the ones being used. Golemcrafters are not that old and with Growth 3 not many of them get diseased, so I do not find that worth the extra cost.
Old April 9th, 2009, 03:45 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Also, my half a win with MA Agartha was due almost entirely to getting Gift of Health, and Arcane Nexus up. The lack of either of those, and I would have surely been sunk. It was a really wonky build though, not nearly as streamlined and clean looking as Baalz'.
Old April 9th, 2009, 03:47 PM

Corporal

Amorphous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrison View Post
Also, my half a win with MA Agartha was due almost entirely to getting Gift of Health, and Arcane Nexus up. The lack of either of those, and I would have surely been sunk. It was a really wonky build though, not nearly as streamlined and clean looking as Baalz'.
Well, if you are that heavy into nature, why not go for the Lord of Rebirth? He generates an absolutely absurd number of gems in CBM.
Old April 9th, 2009, 06:06 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrison View Post
Your half a win with MA Agartha was almost entirely due to your neighbor working with you, Jim. =)

I could have dispelled either (especially early) and crushed ya -- but we worked better as a team.
Old April 9th, 2009, 09:07 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Considering how weak you claimed to be before the pearls started rolling in, I am still going to chalk up both half victories to the Nexus. (With my survival also having been dependent on the GoH during the Burden of Time.)

So as far as I can tell, you either lied, to milk more gems out of me, or you told the truth, and you wouldn't have had much for SCs and artifacts, without all the Pearls I sent ya.

Anyway, my point being, Agartha can do well enough in Astral to get Arcane Nexus up (cast entirely with my own Pearls, built up with Stellar Focus), and GoH can be a very potent tool in your strategy (keep mages alive, and cure afflictions on your Marble Oracles). Also, my bless did absolutely -nothing- for the Oracles (E4/S6/N4), and they were still quite potent.
Old June 7th, 2010, 01:01 PM

Private

Delcar is on a distinguished road

I have a soft spot for Argatha, having played them first, (random pick) and like the concepts here, but it seems like CBM 1.6 has stripped out the gem producing gadgets (clams etc.) or raised them out of easy reach.

Any tips for refining/updating this? I can't seem to get the Earth gem income to lean on my statues.
Old June 7th, 2010, 02:09 PM

Private

Delcar is on a distinguished road

I'm playing (3.24 & CBM 1.6) single player, on the Aran map, and have had to fall back on quite a few claymen, and am starting to look at Wooden Construction, both to take advantage of the 'buffed' constructs.

I also find a big stack of humble Pale Ones useful as all get out for sieges.
Old June 7th, 2010, 05:46 PM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road

The moving of Attentive statues to Ench 0 and the introduction of stone hurlers opens up new possibilities for early exansion. You can now go with sloth 3 and expand with stone hurlers behind a few attentive statues.

Switch blood for death on your forge lord and take him awake, try to squeeze in nature. Pay for it with sloth 3 and drain 2. Use him to initially to research construction 2 and then crank out hammers and crystal sheilds.

When you reach construction 4 use your forge lord to offset your drain by forging skull mentors at 2 death gems a peice. Meanwhile your attentive statues protect you while you research evocation and enchantment. Earth readers with crystal sheilds spamming evocations behind statue and claymen front lines.

At Ench 5 you get marble oracles who are now down to 20 earth gems. Equip these using your reserve of hammers to make golden shields and frost brands and your forge lord makes them ethereal robes or wraith crowns (if you got cons 6) Also try to get gift of health up.

Then go alteration for iron bane, curse of stones and darkness which all has great synergy with your statues.

Not a powerhouse, but still playable.
Old March 6th, 2011, 12:01 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

Has anyone ever survived long enough or tried to cast GoH with Agartha?
It seems rather vicious with high dominion.
Old March 13th, 2011, 07:21 PM

Private

churl is on a distinguished road

Baalz, how would you play MA Agartha in CBM 1.7, where blood stones are not available? Seems like CBM 1.7 really wrecks this strategy, and perhaps wrecks MA Agartha as well.