.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old September 27th, 2014, 09:17 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Scenario Setup Help - France

About the support points: Please don't use them unless I explicitly say so. These are set on your end (in the campaign structure) so I have no influence on them. I will instead provide you with auxiliary forces, which allows me more control over how the battle goes. Note how you didn't even use the engineers: this shows that the scenario is balanced with your core force + the additional forces by me in mind.

Quote:
The Germans are regrouping after receiving that bloody nose. We also captured one of their tanks, although it is heavily damaged and probably won't survive a road march. Sadly, there are grave news from other parts of the front. Our other regiment apparently has lost control of the bridge to our south. Stragglers keep streaming north, informing us of casualties. We don't know if the bridge has been blown up or if the Germans captured it.
In light of these developments, these are your orders:
1: Withdraw your units and any stragglers over the bridge. Don't let this retreat turn into a rout! Form rear guards to keep the Germans at bay!
2: Blow up the bridge. A platoon of engineers is setting up charges as we speak. Ingame two "demolition charges" (ammo cannisters) will spawn. Blow these up to destroy the bridge once you retreated your units.
3: Set up defenses on the west bank.
Old September 27th, 2014, 09:19 PM

First Lieutenant

and the files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip france.zip (86.3 KB, 237 views)
Old September 28th, 2014, 01:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road

OK, **** has hit the fan on that one.
My retreat was going well unless they broke through central area and I needed to haste my retreat badly.
But it was going nice since the very end, when I was TOTALLY surprised with German armoured cars on the other side! I needed to rush them with my infantry and I succeeded with killing SOME, but at the end of scenario they were still inflicting losses.
The battalion however was evacuated in about 90% of entire fighting force and suffered moderate losses. As of last turn, the bridge is ready to be blown. Problem is I dont know how to do that with my own ammo dumps (in other scenarios IEDs or enemy dumps are used for it). I used Z-fire on the quite extensively, sadly without success. But for this reason I request to consider the bridge blown.
I failed to create a defensive perimeter on time, but attacking German force also suffered losses. Lets see what is your opinion of such outcome?
Attached Files
File Type: zip FRENCHMEN.zip (154.5 KB, 227 views)
Old September 28th, 2014, 03:29 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
While we were able to heavily damage the bridge, the Germans had already crossed the river at different points. Our orders now are to fight our way towards the British lines in the north.
After a night march we now made contact with weak German positions. Use the limited visibility of the morning to push through them before the enemy air support shows up. The ultimate objectives are the victory hexes in the north west corner of the map, but you probably won't reach those in one go. Instead use the first stage to secure covered approach routes and jump off points for the subsequent operations.
Due to the stragglers that reached your position, you may repair damage for 100 repair points.
Attached Files
File Type: zip france.zip (86.0 KB, 225 views)
Old September 28th, 2014, 08:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

Got this one.
I decided to push north and then west. I opted (with success I guess) that forest would provide protection if stuff gets too heavy. I suffered noticeable losses 90% due to artillery, so I focused on taking it out. In total, I finished 10 8cm mortars, probably rendering enemy artillery unusable again.
At first I wanted to stop by the forest, but I see main route is unprotected. FOr this reason I order like 20mins break (thats nearly nothing, troops will use it for reorganization only, but I have marching battalion so they should handle long trips like that with smile). I am rearranging mules and crews to form a convoy again. Luckily my attached armour finished the battle untouched, they were busy with cleaning some Germans on my back. I hope I am quick enough so they wont call heavy guns in (I take it they need proper spotting and comm link). Worse with Stukas, but I can do better with them than mortars.
I have placed one of my units near 2 German wagons. I intent to capture them and use in my voyage.
Other than that: will it be possible to spend some repair points on rearranging the crews? For AT guns, MGs and transport. A lot of people should be capable of helping with these without explicit training experience.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frenchmen.zip (128.8 KB, 226 views)
Old September 29th, 2014, 10:52 AM

First Lieutenant

If I tell you that you can spend repair points, you can use them on anything: infantry, artillery, even tanks for all I care.

Just so we are clear: Just because an area looks empty in the end screen does not mean it will be empty in the next scenario. I only place enemy units in areas I know you can comfortably reach in the alotted time. I do this for 3 reasons:
1: Easier for me to manage.
2: More flexibility to develop the scenario.
3: Otherwise you could see all enemy positions for the next scenario without proper recon.

So expect that village to be held!

Quote:
We have managed to penetrate far through the weak German lines and reached a reasonably safe position in a forest. The enemy seems somewhat confused, but this state of affairs will not last long. We can already hear the sounds of aircraft approaching. Now it's time for quick an decisive action!
Clear the road to the north east and keep the road open for more units of your division still retreating north. It appears the British are preparing a delaying action before the city of Dunkirk in the north. We need to reach their lines.
The enemy appear to be mostly infantry units, with some armored cars and tanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip France.zip (84.3 KB, 238 views)
Old September 29th, 2014, 03:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

Deployment zone seems to be shifted way to the right and I cannot deploy in this forest. I dont really think it should be like that?
PS: I apologize for not understanding some aspects you are throwing at me. I am much more into SPMBT really and I am generally not used to foot retreats, wagons and mules usage etc. Also stuff gets a lot quicker in there. I would appreciate if you even use capslock to underline particularly important aspects that I should achieve.
Old September 29th, 2014, 04:18 PM

First Lieutenant

oh sorry the file I sent you was bugged, as I forgot to set the right deploy zone... I hope you still have the old savegame, if not, I can send it to you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip france.zip (84.4 KB, 221 views)
Old September 29th, 2014, 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

That new one worked.
Allright, it was tough and very resemblant to infamous Purple Heart Line. I am reporting to my superior (if there is any at this point and chaos) that my battalion is barely combat capable. But it managed to capture that bloody road and hold it against German counterattack (destroyed 5 Pz38s and my tank at the very end of the scenario engaged 2 armoured cars near the flags. I also have a screening force in the village to the north, but over there enemy tanks would probably make it though towards the road... that is covered with 3 ATGs on entire length and with 3 more tanks coming). I am happy to say divisional forces did not suffer a single casualty, so I hope there was some good point in this sacrifice.
I am also however reporting that - given I can use forces that were also in retreat - I should be capable of securing that village to the north, if command wishes so.
In fact, great most of my casualties were taken from 3 MGs. I personally find single MGs overpowered, since at some point my recon team was located 200 metres from their firing position (and was not pinned) and it still failed to discover them after 6 salvos. Needless to say 200 men and overseeing scouts/MGs/Tanks/Artillery observer (!) failed as well.
I damn hope I am getting close to friendly forces, one more battle like that and I may be in serious peril.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frenchmen.zip (152.9 KB, 229 views)
Old September 30th, 2014, 01:50 PM

First Lieutenant

Ok next one.

Quote:
Opening that road allowed your division to escape and join the British to the north. The British have concluded that our present position is untenable, so they are withdrawing towards the port of Dunkirk for evacuation. We will join them on their journey to England and will hopefully be able to land in France again soon to continue fighting.
To make the evactuation possible, we need time, however. To that end we established a hasty line of defense together with our Allies. Your unit holds the southernmost flank of this new position, at the point of contact with the British.
- You can spend 100 repair points to replace losses in your core force
- Deploy your units north of the big forest. The British are low on manpower, so they requested that one of your companies is held in reserve, to react if one sector is about to be overrun
- Hold the line against any German attack
Attached Files
File Type: zip France.zip (85.2 KB, 229 views)