106.2~ MB ZIP.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post:
Old February 16th, 2017, 12:07 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Disk Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSheppard View Post
That works. Let me download them and zip them up for you on my site. Give me one...
Halleluja!

Alright, now it is official:

UPDATE FEBRUARY 2017:

At long last version 1.1.6P of the mod is here.

LINK:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/81im2ix1t...y-_HZDkBa?dl=0

MIRROR:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showp...&postcount=417*

I would like to remind everyone that this is merely an update to the mod - if you want the full version I suggest you download 1.1P, then download the .lbm pictures in 1.1.5P and then the latest update 1.1.6P (in that order) over-writing whatever you are prompted to overwrite as you go along.

The usual warnings apply. Don't modify your regular version of SPMBT. Use a copy.

Below is a copy of this release's readme with details of what has been done.

Quote:
... The files in this update "WinSPDasReich1.1.6P" are compatible with version 10 of WinSPMBT; some files will need to be over-written, this is intentional. Some cosmetic changes have been made to the "soundmod" OOBs (addition of some new icons and .lbms to the US OOB as well as new anti-tank gun icons for the rest).

All of the OOBs (German or otherwise) are now up to date (incl. bug-fixes relating to icons, sound tweaks etc.).

Fourteen new / revised sound files (see "Das Reich Sound Guide"): 8, 11, 14, 15 - new aircraft rocket sounds; 6 - new aircraft autocannon; 33, 34, 85, 93, 95, 96, 249 - new vehicle sounds; 10, 131 & 241 - new infantry weapon sounds and a new "click" sound (radio static).

Sixty-six new (.lbm) pictures: thirty-one new USA and USMC infantry unit pictures (implemented at present only in the US Army OOB, "soundmod"), thirty-four new or revised pictures for the German OOBs (35 & 44) and one "27602", for the standard Egyptian OOB (Vickers Mk.VIc).

Thirty-seven new text files added (OOB 35). Sixty-seven revised text files.

Seven new or revised graphics' files (including the new anti-tank gun icons* - implemented in the German and "soundmod" OOBs, the new M59 APC and M113 "Zippo" icons and a new - camo - version of the Dornier VSTOL troop transporter).

Ten scenarios have been included with this release (400 to 413)

* thanks to Mario_Fr for his sterling work on these ATGs! ...
The scenarios cover a range of topics:

400 pits a Coy. of OOB 44's Paras against some FLN insurgents from OOB 22 in the Algerian hinterland.

402-404 pits the forces of OOB 35 (2R) against the Soviet Union in an infamous setting.

405 and 406 pits OOB 35 (2R) against the US Army in rural France.

409 pits a group of French troops - armed to the teeth with a combination of French and German weaponry - against Viet Minh Guerillas.

411-413 pit various German formations against the Viet Minh in the northern jungles of (still, just about) French-Indochina (ca. 1953-54).

I hope you all enjoy them (maybe someone might even post up an AAR ).

As always constructive criticism is welcomed and any tips on how to improve scenarios or get around problems that crop up with them are very much appreciated. Anyone is welcome to try their hand at devising their own and to post up screenshots etc..

Regards,

Monty

* Thanks to MarkSheppard for hosting the mod on his excellent website!

Last edited by RecruitMonty; February 16th, 2017 at 12:27 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RecruitMonty For This Useful Post:
Old February 17th, 2017, 10:58 AM

Corporal

WilliamB is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

I got it. Love you mod.
Thank you.
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:41 PM

Captain

Smile Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Thanks.

Glad to hear it. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Old March 4th, 2017, 08:17 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Let me know if you need/want any help making any changes for compatibility with the new patch of main game.

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old March 4th, 2017, 11:36 PM

Captain

Exclamation Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post
Let me know if you need/want any help making any changes for compatibility with the new patch of main game.
Hi Scorpio,

I've taken a look at the changes - specifically the new icons in 183, 185 and 186 - and have come to the conclusion that, at present, an upgrade of the mod to compatibility with version 11 is not on the cards.

I have a principal policy of not tampering with the regular game's icons as most of the time they crop up in many OOBs and are always useful parts of any update.

Therefore any "update" I might make to my mod that does not contain these - frankly - crucial elements wouldn't really be an update at all. It would be tantamount to a botched nose job.

60 icons - 36 "turret-less" and 24 "invisible turrets" - are affected.

A closer inspection of similar shape files (53, 58, 59, 91 and 92) has yielded a maximum of 24 possible "redundancies" (at a push).

Of those 24, only 17 are of the "turret-less" ("-1") variety. That type of vehicle is however intrinsic to the mod.

At some point, I imagine, when the developers need the space again, new files of this variety will be coded in (a complicated process).

Until then it is likely that the remaining empty spots in shape files of this type will be filled as and when new icons are required.

Therefore we have no other choice, at present, but to wait and see what happens.

In the meantime I will continue to work on newer releases compatible with version 10b. I suggest those using the mod keep a copy of the game at that level for use with the mod.

It is a shame as the newest version of MBT is a real corker. Especially the new terrain and the graphical enhancements.

C'est la Guerre!

Last edited by RecruitMonty; March 4th, 2017 at 11:59 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to RecruitMonty For This Useful Post:
Old March 5th, 2017, 03:20 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Computer Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Thanks Monty.

I was worried that the excellent icon work done by the team would start to impinge on mods, especially large ones like your own.

I did suggest / ask that the developers "set aside" at least one .shp file of each type (turreted, non turreted, invisible turrets) HERE, but there didn't seem to be much support from the modding community. (Perhaps I did not explain the concept well enough).

It is a shame that we cannot enjoy this, other published mods and our own custom stuff with the new maps etc and take advantage of the hard work put in by both the developers and the modding community of this fine game.

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old May 20th, 2017, 01:39 PM

Private

Mappo is on a distinguished road

Hi RecruitMonty, I would like to thanks you for your Das Reich mod, very interesting and playable. I hope that many people have enjoed your mod like me.
Now I have a question: you have ever think to make a WinSPWW2 version of Das Reich? In my opinion it would be awesome. Perhaps utilising a minor country's Oob, dating it from august 1943 (after Kursk) to december 1946.
Old May 20th, 2017, 05:29 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mappo View Post
Hi RecruitMonty, I would like to thanks you for your Das Reich mod, very interesting and playable. I hope that many people have enjoed your mod like me.
Now I have a question: you have ever think to make a WinSPWW2 version of Das Reich? In my opinion it would be awesome. Perhaps utilising a minor country's Oob, dating it from august 1943 (after Kursk) to december 1946.
Thank you, Mappo, for your very kind words . I must confess, I never did give that much thought. Mostly because WinSPWW2 has a pretty decent German OOB that is full to bursting.

Having said that, I was thinking about making some changes to sounds for WinSPWW2 the other day with a view to playing a few scenarios and I could have a look at my OOBs and see what would fit into the 1944-46 time period.

Can't promise anything immediate though, I am afraid. I am quite busy at the moment. I will give it some thought though. In the meantime, I hope you continue to enjoy the mod.

Last edited by RecruitMonty; May 20th, 2017 at 05:41 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to RecruitMonty For This Useful Post:
Old July 28th, 2017, 02:17 PM

Captain

Hello everyone,

Just a little note to say that development of the mod has not ended due to the aforementioned compatibility issues with the current version.

I have in fact been busy making some small additions here and there; the most significant of which is the addition of US heavy armour (albeit in OOB 42), thanks to Oragus' creative exertions.

When I'm done travelling I will knock together an update for you all that will incorporate these and other changes.

Regards,

Monty