.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 1st, 2011, 02:40 PM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
Nice battle defending that castle Executor, now you have an extra Ember lord
Quote:

That battle went a little wrong for me actually...
Really? Hmm, I thought it went pretty well for you. You've only lost undead chaff and one of your tartarians, if I remember correctly, plus some unimportant priests/commanders. Why do you feel it went wrong?

Quote:
Hehehe, sit back? No, no, no.
I've pushed you back on the central front, now the southern front as well. I already made you fall back once in the seas, soon I will do so again.
Which leaves you only with the northern front.
I see your army is still just camping outside although you've broken my gates.
Shame, I rater hoped you'd storm that castle as well.
...And our south-eastern front. That army is coming back, I just wanted to make sure I control Jotun castle province during this turn, in case my double ambush against Jotuns would fail and some of my SCs would have to retreat.

As for me sitting next to the broken gate in the north - yeah, silly script error on my part. The attack will come, no worries.

Quote:
You've had limited success against me in the past, before Jotun and TC joined. So I think it may be time to throw everything I've got at you, and hopefully TC and Jotun will do the same.
Speaking of TC - Ling, check your PM please.

Last edited by Corwin; February 1st, 2011 at 02:50 PM..
Old February 3rd, 2011, 05:52 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

*expletive deleted*.

Corwin, if you see this can you add to the hosting timer?

Sorry for the late notice, but I had an emergency this morning (when I was planning to do my turn) and it's quite complicated.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old February 3rd, 2011, 07:33 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPraetorious View Post
*expletive deleted*.

Corwin, if you see this can you add to the hosting timer?

Sorry for the late notice, but I had an emergency this morning (when I was planning to do my turn) and it's quite complicated.
Sh*t!

I was going to add to it since both you and Ermor contacted me asking for few hours delay, but the server has just hosted to my huge unplesant surprise. It turned out it send us 21 hours warning, not 24 hours! Damn it!

As a result both me and Ermor (not to mention TC) have stalled this turn, and I got a feeling that Jotuns had to rush it badly .

Looks like this 21 hours note fu*k up is the post-effect of recent Llamabeast server troubles.

I haven't open the turn yet.

Ok, so what we are going to do? Just soldier on? Or do we do a rollback, since 4 nations (inlcuding 3 current leaders) either stalled or rushed due to messed up server email note? Personally I am totally fine with rollback, but it's up to you guys.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 08:37 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the clock screwed me too.
I didn't want to send a rushed half *** turn myself, would have done more damage than good.

I have no problem with eating a stale turn, given, Im in the worst position to take a stale here, I kinda depend on my tartarian sanity to do anything and now I fear opening the new turn

I'm good either way, up to you. I just want to state out that roll backs are dangerous and the rules need to be followed to the letter if they are to be done.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post

I have no problem with eating a stale turn, given, Im in the worst position to take a stale here, I kinda depend on my tartarian sanity to do anything and now I fear opening the new turn

I'm good either way, up to you. I just want to state out that roll backs are dangerous and the rules need to be followed to the letter if they are to be done.
True. BTW just to be clear - I am absolutely not insisting on the rollback, just wanted to mention that this is an option here since server's email seems to screw all three leading nations, and overall 4 out of 7 nations either stalled or had to rush during this turn. But I am fine with eating rollback if that's what other players would want. Like I said it's up to you guys, as always I am simply voicing my opinion as a player, not a game admin. As you guys may have noticed I believe in democracy and concensus in game-admining matters, not in attempts in iron-fist dictatorship.
Old February 4th, 2011, 01:53 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

For me it's fine either way. I already made the new turn but it won't be a problem to do it again
Old February 4th, 2011, 01:22 PM

Major General

Soldier on. I've never experienced a rollback that didn't end in disaster and gnashing of teeth.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old February 4th, 2011, 03:02 PM

First Lieutenant

All right, that settles it. We keep going.
Old February 4th, 2011, 05:23 PM

First Lieutenant

Well, after looking at my stalled turn, I can say that it was bad although it could be worse...

DrP has killed my last standing SC that remained on the battlefield after my last turn's double ambush. That guy was very valuable to my war efforts and losing him royally sucked, but at least Jotuns didn't have time to do much else in their rushed turn except taking one other province from me. Oh well...

Now where the heck is Ling? I've been trying to reach him for the last 4 days. That's why I've been delaying my last turn to the last possible moment and ended up stalling. Last turn he cut off my important supply line in violation of our NAP and then went MIA. Although it didn't looked like a full scale beginning of a treacherous war, so I am not sure what I am supposed to make out of it.
Old February 5th, 2011, 06:48 PM

Major General

Um, can we got another 24h delay? Did the timer go back to 48h? I thought it was on 72....