.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old September 24th, 2008, 07:11 PM

Sergeant

Adept is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fomoria

Playing fomori in a 6 player multiplay at the moment. The game is on a 10 day hiatus, as one player got a case of real life and is abroad visiting Holland (and probably out of his gourd on pot-muffins). :

Anyway, here's a few observations from turn 40.

Very easy access to Thunder Strike. Cloud bungee get's the casters where you need them, and TS brings the artillery, mix with Shadow Blast as strikes your fancy.

Hunting for magic sites is a total bastard. Death and Air are the only easy paths. I traded for gems and empowered a lot of people.

No reason to go for a big fighting pretender. You have the kings for that... and especially the heroes. Balor is just about the scariest national hero I've ever seen! I got an imprisoned fomorian sorcerer with Death 9, nature 6 and earth 4. The point was to get good value for those sacreds. Death weapons, regeneration and reinvigoration, and those size 6 giants are kicking *** and taking names. Remember to make good use of the javelins they throw like siege engines. I made one of the Kings my prophet as soon as I could, and he's been all the fighting SC pretender I need.

I've actually brought very little of the smaller giants... the reason for that are the unbelievable good Nemedians. Golden, magical weapons and shields, rediculously good fighting skills, glamour and good armour for the age. These guys feel like seriously blessed elites, even though they aren't even sacred.

Mass 10+ of the big guys and you can take sea provinces against fairly serious resistance. Also don't forget to make good use of the sailing ability.

I feel like I should go easy on some of my opponents with all this going for me.