.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old July 25th, 2004, 05:53 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tuatha endgame

Quote:
Originally posted by Thufir:
quote:
Originally posted by Boron:
i think order 3 , luck 3 , sloth 3 , cold 3 , death 3 and magic 3 are nice for man Last of tuatha . castle watchtower .
I don't understand combining order 3/luck 3 - that seems inefficient to me. In my (albeit limited) SP experience playing Tsien Chi, Luck 3 combined very nicely with order -1. You do need a bunch of provinces in your dominion before you really see the benefits kicking in, but once you get 10+ (or ideally 30+) provinces the good luck events just start rolling in.

Conversely, as Jasper points out, with order 3, it would seem like you could afford negative luck.

Well, Tuatha requires one luck, but I still don't see the need for three. Also, cold 3 really cripples your income.
Old July 25th, 2004, 07:13 PM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by alexi:
quote:
running early into caelum could be problematic but not much else . i guess caelum is early game problematic for almost every nation .
caelum is problematic? why? [/QB]
cause caelum has a strategic move advantage .

Quote:
Originally posted by Thufir:
quote:
Originally posted by Boron:
i think order 3 , luck 3 , sloth 3 , cold 3 , death 3 and magic 3 are nice for man Last of tuatha . castle watchtower .
I don't understand combining order 3/luck 3 - that seems inefficient to me. In my (albeit limited) SP experience playing Tsien Chi, Luck 3 combined very nicely with order -1. You do need a bunch of provinces in your dominion before you really see the benefits kicking in, but once you get 10+ (or ideally 30+) provinces the good luck events just start rolling in.

Conversely, as Jasper points out, with order 3, it would seem like you could afford negative luck.

uargh i meant turmoil 3 i shouldn't post anymore at 2.00+ in the morning . you make to easy faults then ^^.
Old July 25th, 2004, 08:53 PM

Corporal

Minrhael is on a distinguished road

Tuatha is about all I play as I really want to try and get good with one theme and they seemed the most fun. I've tried turmoil 3/luck 3 plenty of times, and it just does not make up for the income from order 3, not to mention the increased chance of the lab burning on turn 2 like it did the first mp game i tried it out.

Without an improvement to luck, (personally I'd prefer luck3 to prevent anything from the nastiest group of bad luck stuff), I really think you're better off with order3, luck1, though the 160 extra design points you gain the other way are pretty nice for a theme strapped for points, and enable you to go for a pretty solid SC and/or bless; if you're luckier than I am it can work, but I rarely see the big gold events or semi-frequent smaller gold events you need to make turmoil3/luck3 work, mostly I just see more gem events, which don't make up for a 42% difference in income.