.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old May 27th, 2007, 07:32 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Lazy_Perfectionist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shift Key

Thanks Arralen. I won't worry to much about it being a config problem then. Though if anyone else can weigh in on the issue, I'd appreciate it.
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

RonD is on a distinguished road
Default Stygian Paths

Over on the QT3 forum, someone suggested that Stygian Paths might actually be a viable spell for Helheim, due to their stealth. Thanks to Boron's "testmap" and mod it took about 2 minutes to try this out. The results made me go "hmmm".

I gave 60 Helhirdlings + 40 Valks to a D6 Allfather (yeah, right, like any test with a non-F9W9 Helheim pretender is "realistic"), and had him cast Stygia Paths.

The message said that 14,445,592 troops had died in the attempt. What really happened was even stranger. The "Go to commander" button sent me to the target province, but the Allfather never made it there. All 60 of the Helhirdlings did arrive (but without a commander, so they were lost in the battle). All 40 of the valks were safe and snug at home, back in the garrison.

-- by the way - I don't often phrase things as "the devs ought to...", but the devs ought to remove this spell until it is truly fixed. This discussion arose after a relatively new player lost his whole main army (and, thus, any shot at being competetive) in a large MP game. He's taking it rather well, but I could see feeling really jerked around by a bug this bad that has been in the game this long.
Old May 30th, 2007, 07:43 PM

Sergeant

Ewierl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug Commentary

The LA Man spell "Summon Bean Sidhe" conjures a Tlahuelpuchi, the Mictlan blood summon.
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:21 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug Commentary

I made a mistake and summoned a Treelord in non-forest, and found the following problems:

Giving a Flying Carpet to a Treelord (U621) changes the description to "Move 1/2".

Clicking on "Move 1/2" shows "Map Movement Speed 1".

But the Treelord still cannot move on the map.

Casting "Faery Trod" with a Treelord in non-forest gives the message "The caster is too immobile to use this spell." (the spell is not cast).

Casting "Faery Trod" with any other unit in non-forest gives no message, but the unit orders are unchanged (the spell is not cast).
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old June 4th, 2007, 05:50 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Modding

Modding in Dom3 v3.08 is quite limited: There seems to be a lookup table for descriptions where unit descriptions and descriptions/summaries/briefs from mod nations are added. If you add a couple of things then you soon run out of space, though: Tests with mod nations seem to indicate that there's a limit for a maximum of 183 concurrent user defined texts added via #descr for units and nations or #brief and #summary for nations. After that number is reached, no other texts can be added in that category. If you want to do a greater deal of modding, you'll soon reach that barrier.

Interestingly, #descr tags from new spells don't seem to go into that same table, they don't interfere in this manner.
Emergency comic relief
Old June 6th, 2007, 02:57 PM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road
Default Skratti shape change

I sent out a nice moderately equipped Skratti to solo PD. Scripted to Quicken Self, Breath of Winter, change shape, attack.

In werewolf form he won handily, but when I checked the province afterward he was in wolf form and most of his equipment was gone. Makes the nice werewolf form kind of useless.

The Skratti should not go to the wolf form after changing shape in battle. I suspect that the code simply executes another change shape if the unit changes shape in battle. This works for other units, because they (all?) only have 2 shapes. Since the Skratti has 3 it just cycles to the next.

Not only is the equipment lost, but this could cause serious problems if another battle occurs the same turn.
Old June 7th, 2007, 05:21 AM

General

Default Naga darkvision

I'm not going to go through the 70 pages to find out if this has been posted yet and I can't find it on the shortlist, but the Patalan naga troops (Naga and Naga Warrior) are lacking Darkvision, while the commanders aren't.
Emergency comic relief
Old June 7th, 2007, 05:39 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Naga darkvision

Ich:
Doesn't sound like an issue that has been reported so far, so I'll check that and add it to the shortlist later today.
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:53 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
lch said:
I'm not going to go through the 70 pages to find out if this has been posted yet and I can't find it on the shortlist, but the Patalan naga troops (Naga and Naga Warrior) are lacking Darkvision, while the commanders aren't.
Took another look under patch 3.08 and they certainly have 75% darkvision under my install. It's the last ability icon they have. Did you check you were running a vanilla game?
Old June 7th, 2007, 12:03 PM

General

Ah, now I see why that is, yeah. Sorry, my bad.

Another thing, which I think was reported before, but I'm not sure: If somebody cast Astral Window in a province and there's a battle inside it then it shows up as battlefield enchantment. Bug or WAD?
Emergency comic relief