.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tower of the Elephant - Newbie-Intermediate 8/? - Need feedback from players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok-X View Post
Im fine, if the games pacing does not slow down, i.e. more players more time between turns etc.
Well, statistically it will slow down somewhat, but it's impossible to know how much. If we're everyone in the same timezone otherwise, but the new players are in totally different ones, obviously the change is much larger than if we're already distributed well across the Earth.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:43 AM

Corporal

dark7element is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tower of the Elephant - Newbie-Intermediate 8/? - Need feedback from players

Ok, I'm having a bit of a problem with the technical end of things. I can't seem to find the "savedgames" folder in my dominions3 directory where the file for my pretender should be. I see the 'battlemaps', 'doc', 'maps', and 'mods', 'rawsound' and 'tutdata' folders, but not 'savedgames' where the pretender file is supposed to be. Anyone know what the problem is?
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals is on a distinguished road

My guess is you haven't created your pretender with the separate tool for it inside the game. Launch the game, then Game Tools -> Create a Pretender God

After you're done, the game should create a folder called savedgames and there's a "newlords" folder where your god is.

Which would imply you haven't made a single normal game on your computer either, so there's no save folder.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Try making a filler game with something in it, then use the tool to create your god.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:37 AM

First Lieutenant

mattyburn7 is on a distinguished road

My vote is definetly to add the 2 and go the bigger map. If Holey wants TC I'll be happy to take Caelum instead!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:02 AM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark7element View Post
Ok, I'm having a bit of a problem with the technical end of things. I can't seem to find the "savedgames" folder in my dominions3 directory where the file for my pretender should be. I see the 'battlemaps', 'doc', 'maps', and 'mods', 'rawsound' and 'tutdata' folders, but not 'savedgames' where the pretender file is supposed to be. Anyone know what the problem is?
Are you playing with mac or windows?

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:33 AM

Corporal

schoelle is on a distinguished road

Larger map and 2 more is fine with me. The game was marked as slow anyways.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:54 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiavals View Post
My guess is you haven't created your pretender with the separate tool for it inside the game. Launch the game, then Game Tools -> Create a Pretender God

After you're done, the game should create a folder called savedgames and there's a "newlords" folder where your god is.

Which would imply you haven't made a single normal game on your computer either, so there's no save folder.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Try making a filler game with something in it, then use the tool to create your god.
I did create it with the game tool. And I have made several normal SP games, which save and load normally, so obviously there is a savedgames folder SOMEWHERE on my PC, I just don't know where.

If I can't fix the problem soon, I'll try an uninstall/reinstall.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:31 PM

Sergeant

fungalreason is on a distinguished road

it's probably the Windows7 / Vista issue where saved games and pretenders are stored in another directory from the installation one. You shouldn't need to reinstall.

Look at the top of the second post in Edi's FAQ for more info
Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:05 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungalreason View Post
it's probably the Windows7 / Vista issue where saved games and pretenders are stored in another directory from the installation one. You shouldn't need to reinstall.

Look at the top of the second post in Edi's FAQ for more info
Thanks, that allowed me to find it. The previous games of D3 I played were before I upgraded to Vista, so this is the first time I've had to deal with this issue.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:03 PM

Corporal

Austen is on a distinguished road

New players are fine, but def bigger map.