This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 18th, 2007, 09:32 AM

Private

TreadHead is on a distinguished road
Default Different Formations between Battle & Campaign?

Not sure if what I've found is by design, but I've found an example of a difference in the formations available when generating a Battle compared to either a Long or regular Campaign. In particular, with all other factors equal and dates that would be inclusive of the equipment desired, the option for a "Hubschrauber" is present for both Campaigns in the "Misc" category, but not for a Battle.

I stumbled on this when throwing together a mad scientist's Kampfgruppe to test play some of the unusual late/post war weapons like the Maus, Sturmtiger, X-7 Lenkwaffe, Hubschrauber, etc.

I'm playing v2.0-DL. I have not found any other examples, but given all the permutations of nations and formations, I haven't put my life on hold to check in depth either

Thanks, Ross
Old April 18th, 2007, 01:59 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Different Formations between Battle & Campaign

Quote:
TreadHead said:
Not sure if what I've found is by design, but I've found an example of a difference in the formations available when generating a Battle compared to either a Long or regular Campaign. In particular, with all other factors equal and dates that would be inclusive of the equipment desired, the option for a "Hubschrauber" is present for both Campaigns in the "Misc" category, but not for a Battle.

I stumbled on this when throwing together a mad scientist's Kampfgruppe to test play some of the unusual late/post war weapons like the Maus, Sturmtiger, X-7 Lenkwaffe, Hubschrauber, etc.

I'm playing v2.0-DL. I have not found any other examples, but given all the permutations of nations and formations, I haven't put my life on hold to check in depth either

Thanks, Ross

They appear OK for me in campaign AND "Battle". This screen shot is of a "Battle" purchase

Don
Attached Images
File Type: png 512878-Image1.png (20.6 KB, 149 views)

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 18th, 2007, 07:29 PM

Private

I played with it some more to try to replicate your results. First, figured that you were using 1944 as your year based on the Kommandeur being worth 47 points vs 45 for 1945-46. Also found that there appears to be a probability table behind whether or not air units appear. For Germany, the lower the year and attacking vs defending seems to improve the odds of air units being available. So, to make a test case, I'm having to select the conditions and keep generating to the unit section point over again until I hit the air unit lottery (I'd been trying to do my original test case as a 1946 Germany "defend" with no luck).
Finally, in your screenshot there are numbers to the left of the formation name that I do not see. Is this an additional feature of the full CD version vs the downloaded version?

Thanks, Ross
Old April 18th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

OK, I think I see your problem. You have air sorties set to XXX don't you ? When it's set to XXX the AI determines who gets air and who doesn't and helos are "air". If you want to take the luck of the draw for both sides leave them set to XXX. If you don't want either side to have aircraft set that preference control to zero. If you want a specific number set that of each nation

The formation numbers ON/OFF can be set up in the MISC section of the Game Options program. Your will see "Show ID numbers" NO.... click on the NO and it will become Yes and you will see formation and unit numbers. It's mostly used for OOB work but some people like to have them on all the time

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:55 PM

Private

Right on target with both answers. Thanks much!

Ross