.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old February 17th, 2007, 03:35 PM

Brigadier General

Shovah32 is on a distinguished road
Default EA TC help

Basically im looking for some good EA tien chi strategies. They have great magic versatility but few high levels which is just asking for a pretender with multiple paths of magic at 4-6 with good scales but then again they have nice sacred troops and summons. Any help appreciated greatly.
Old February 17th, 2007, 04:12 PM

Major

KissBlade is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA TC help

If you're going base game, there's the f9/w9 bless and just going down the sacred tree followed with alteration 3 for body ethereal and then conjuration for the river/fire demons.

You can also choose to go mass scales with an imprisoned s6 oracle to be able to build ring of wizardries for your mages late game. This calls for more evocation to support your archer squads with battle magic with possibly a splash of river demons for front line infantry with your heavy indie support.

I definitely wouldn't go pretender with multiple mmagics unless it's for only the e4/n4 minor bless. To be honest, without a lot of empowering late game, you'll going to hit a barrier casting a lot of the high level stuff that specialized magic nations will be able to cast. Which is pretty annoying since all the nice spells like well of misery/gift of health/mother oak, etc are all out of your reach.
Old February 17th, 2007, 04:48 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

T'ien Ch'i is a fantastic nation. Really, really powerful mid to late game. Just avoid conflict early, get your masters of the five elements out site searching, you should end up being no.1 by a wide margin in gem income.

Aim to have your armies as follows:-

50xcomposite bows, 30xhorseman, 1xfiremaster (master of the 5 elements) for fire arrows, 1xairmaster (MOT5E) for wind guide. As many of these types of armies as you can pump out, group together when fighting bigger armies.

Also have a main army of warriors of the 5 elements (100's in it) with a airmaster with staff of storms capable of casting wraithful skys and a naturemaster casting foul vapours. The WOT5E's are 50% immune to posion/lightning and the 2 mages will of course have items making them immune to lightning/posion. Few if any armies will be able to stand upto this onslaught. A decent bless strategy on your WOT5E's makes this even nastier.

Other than that you can pretty much get every fire/air/nature/earth/water/astral magic spell going that you want if you try hard enougth. Plus you have great national spells.

The only problem I have found playing EA T'ien Ch'i is being overwhealmed by the HUGE number of options at your disposal.
Old February 17th, 2007, 05:24 PM

Brigadier General

thanks guys, keep it coming
Old February 18th, 2007, 02:41 AM

First Lieutenant

jutetrea is on a distinguished road

As long as you have your pretender at level 4 (a lot of times even level 3) in a school he can usually itemize to higher levels if he has the slots - maybe needing the very rare empowerment. Takes time and effort though which can usually be better spent on sites or as an SC, but all dependent.

SP vs MP is different as well, in SP there will usually be a lot more time for construction help, using your pretender to fashion items/summon for those jumps from 2-3, 3-4. I'm pretty much an MP noob with only a few games, but it seems the timing is a lot tighter. i.e having your pretender churn out 1 item/turn isn't necessarily that efficient.
Old February 18th, 2007, 03:17 AM

Major

KissBlade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
jutetrea said:

As long as you have your pretender at level 4 (a lot of times even level 3) in a school he can usually itemize to higher levels if he has the slots - maybe needing the very rare empowerment. Takes time and effort though which can usually be better spent on sites or as an SC, but all dependent.

SP vs MP is different as well, in SP there will usually be a lot more time for construction help, using your pretender to fashion items/summon for those jumps from 2-3, 3-4. I'm pretty much an MP noob with only a few games, but it seems the timing is a lot tighter. i.e having your pretender churn out 1 item/turn isn't necessarily that efficient.
No you're pretty much correct on all this. While casting the uber spells SHOULD be put into consideration when creating your pretender, setting it up to forge ALL of your artifacts is generally inefficient.
Old February 18th, 2007, 10:59 AM

Brigadier General

Yes, not least because unless you focus purely on construction many atrifacts will be gone and having only one forger means you will get very few.
Old February 18th, 2007, 10:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road

Deleted.
Old February 18th, 2007, 10:39 PM

Brigadier General

Just about anyone may be stretching it a bit(3 resource bakemono archers anyone?) but i see your point.
Old May 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

I don't get it.. why search with master of the 5 elements and not with the celestial masters who have more magic?
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.