Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old April 30th, 2017, 09:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Load all?

Got a year ?? I'll look into it

AND a specific formation. I just bought a Motor Inf coy in Grizzly's because they only hold 8 like the LAV April 2000 with the .50 and the Eryx and they all load and that's using autodeploy not manual loading so I really need exact dates and formations to deal with this ( and they load better than most.....8 for 8 in every carrier )

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 30th, 2017 at 09:19 PM..
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:47 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Sorry was not in front of computer 332, 335
Mech Inf Coy D/W & Motor Inf Company D/W
There are also plus versions.

Only issue really is cant select MG sections 119, 124 if use lower load capacity vehicles

As said don't see as a problem its just giving exactly the same selection choices as the Infantry Com D/W does.
Old May 1st, 2017, 07:49 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I will look into this

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:07 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK.... I see where the problem is and when for both the mech and mot formations now and am working on a fix but I have to re-research all the carry caps for those vehicles first

And there are no plus versions...there are DW and DW- for those..... the only DW+ formation is Para Co DW+

I did discover that we had some of the AVGP's past the time they were decommissioned that was missed so that's fixed too

Old May 1st, 2017, 09:19 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The "problem" stems from one simple error made probably a decade ago...... the single MG teams should have been set up a UC 254 after they were copied and reduced from 2 guns to one from UC 4 so we had two gun sections mixed in with single gun teams but it's looking like the correct type was assigned as the placeholder and so far that seems to fix the problem but testing continues................ Hmmmmm not quite yet plus another issues cropped up....always a challenge..........

Last edited by DRG; May 1st, 2017 at 09:28 AM..
Old May 1st, 2017, 02:37 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Here's an example of the kind of thing we have to consider and adapt to the game

This conflicting bit of information came from the SAME article

http://defense-update.com/20101231_metis_m.html
1]
"Metis is operated by a crew of two, one carrying the launcher and ready missile and the other crew member carrying two spare missiles"
2]
The Metis M1 ATGW element is operating in teams of three personnel. The shooter is carrying one missile contained in canister/launchers, command and launch unit and thermal sight – a system weighing about 30 kg. The other two crew members carry two missiles each , at a weight of 13.8 kg per missile."

The Metis and the Eryx weigh about the same so " team " sizes aside.. a two man team could have 3 missiles and a three man team 5

I have "solved" one issue with the CDN DW formations not loading by reducing the size of the Eryx team to 2 men ( along with the change the single MG sections when they were built..... I ASSUME that had been intended and it was overlooked because now when viewed in MOBHack the separation of the 2 and single MG units make perfect sense and the team now has 3 missiles instead of 4

As far as I can tell that " solves " the CDN formation loading issues now I need feedback on the original report

Old May 1st, 2017, 03:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Well at first I remembered "original case" that I played as US vs Russia 1980 and tried to re-make similar case (with mech inf of couse) but everything was ok (all units were in APCs as they should). Same thing with USMC (I checked it too). So, my memory must been failed what comes to my 1st message... Sorry about it. I will tell if I meet same "problem" (whatever OOB/nation is)once again ok?

Warhero

PS. One thing came to my mind:could it be possible to get all "air strikes" and "bombers" and "attack helos" etc. flyable things listed into first lines of OOB under each other without anything else (rest could be listed after them)? Now they are bit "messed" here and there (sometimes bit difficult to find)...
Old May 1st, 2017, 07:16 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

AGAIN......what nation, what year. I just checked the entire top row of nations and strike element is the FIRST listed in all of them and in the US it's Strike, COIN , SEAD then attack Helos......what more could you possibly want ?

Old May 1st, 2017, 09:51 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

It's pretty easy to find stuff in the OOBs if you use the "Database Check Utilities" and do "Unit Checks" by Class.
Then you can right click on the unit you want in the right section of the results screen and it'll take you right to that unit in the OOB.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old May 2nd, 2017, 03:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Ok lets check US OOB 2017 air/helo slots under Misc:
line 10 Strike Element
line 19 Bombers
line 34 Attack Helo
etc.
etc.

I don't mean that those can't be found but it could be just nice/clearer/easier to find air/helo units if they are listed below each other. Rest of
units (for example tank transport, hovercraft) I use seldom.

How about this:
line 1:Air Strikes
line 2:Bombers
line 3:Attack Helo
etc.
Rest of units below those?

Warhero