Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 20th, 2020, 12:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: WinSPMBT v13 Corrections

Yes and the mine clearing one that was a UM 1 is now a standard UM version

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 9th, 2020, 06:53 AM

Corporal

luigim is on a distinguished road

Hello, last before update:

Are you sure that T80BVM (unit 046 OBAT 11) has the same base armor values of T80BV?

I think that like other tanks in this game, to correctly simulate protection improvement from ERA upgrade, the steel and heat values should go up (in a similar manner like T90A-->T90M in game with Relikt armor). I suggest armor values similar to T72B3.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/weap..._t-80_mbt.html

"The protection of the tank front from all types of shells has been increased 40-55 percent and the protection of the sides and back was also upgraded."

From other (and the previous) sources, I read that the tank has the latest iteration of Refleks ATGM (9M119M, in game is Invar-M) and not the old Kobra (like in game), and it sounds logical for an upgrade.

Here the sources

https://topwar.ru/138277-t-80bvm-sta...hnostyami.html

https://rg.ru/2018/07/27/reg-szfo/zh...k-t-80bvm.html

Last: the tank photo is not correct

Last edited by luigim; March 9th, 2020 at 07:06 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luigim For This Useful Post:
Old March 9th, 2020, 08:32 AM

Corporal

http://sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/to...price/page/19/

Here a lot of T80 BVM photos
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luigim For This Useful Post:
Old March 9th, 2020, 03:26 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: WinSPMBT v13 Corrections

I respectfully disagree that the STEEL of the T-80BVM has been upgraded. There is only way to do this, and that's to rebuild the hull fully.

A "poor mans" solution, build a new front hull section, for instance, to replace the existing one. This would be very time consuming and expensive and might put into question the structural integrity of the platform.

From the same ref. and one I used in this last submission in the Patch Post covering the T-80 series.

"Tank protection was reinforced by inbuilt reactive new-generation Relikt armor which is uniform with the one installed on upgraded T-72B3 tanks and includes reactive armor elements, bulk side and bar anti-cumulative shields on the hull and turret. The protection of the tank front from all types of shells has been increased 40-55 percent and the protection of the sides and back was also upgraded."

Any such increases are ALWAYS (Unless new built/or RESET (ABRAMS) at the plant.) referred back to the baseline MBT. In this case of the T-80BMV, that of course would be the T-80BV.

I can guarantee this tank is NOT as well protected as the T-72B3/B4 as in the game. Not far off but, certainly not it's equal.

Firepower: This is the only one T-80 in the Russian version that can fire DU rounds as pointed in my submission. Again from the ref.

"The firepower increased due to the new 2A46M gun, new guided Reflex 9K119 complex (Concur, newest version
.), fire control 45M complex which includes upgraded digital serial 1G46-2 sight and multichannel Sosna-U sight (with thermal imaging channel), stabilizer 2E42M with digital controls, a set of fire sensors and information-control 1V558M system which ensures digital control of the mentioned arms components."

This last bit above sounds more like an upgrade of existing dated digital tech and removing the last or most of last analog components.

So looking at the following T-72B3/B4 (Very extensive overhaul/almost full RESET for T-72 Series.), T-80UM (Also a very extensive overhaul that saw this get a new turret as well.), T-80BV and the MBT in question the T-80BVM.

Conclusions: The T-80BVM:

1. Did not go through a major overhaul of the Hull or been RESET. This tank just received a "big" modernization package. Unlike the T-72B3/B4 (And in this regard more to the B4 side of things.) (We combined the B3 (Improved.) and B4 into one MBT, because of the timeframe involved in the variations and due to "slot" issues we had when we submitted this MBT into the game.)

2. Does need newest version of that ATGW.

3. Looks like new MG as well, I believe as noted above highlighted if that's not the one it has already.

4. Already has a very generous FCS. No Changes here.

5. ERA is already better then the T-72B3/B4. That's not correct for the T-80BVM.

I believe the simplest solution for the ERA of the T-80BVM UNIT 046 is to match the T-72B3/B4 UNIT 697 ERA package. I know I said above, just offering a compromise is all.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/weap..._t-80_mbt.html

"To Read and NOT to Read into."

I think that's from Shakespeare as well!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 9th, 2020, 04:19 PM

Corporal

Ok thank you for the corrections!

But if you need one slot in Russia OOB, remember that unit 562 can be deleted (see my post above) because is the mine clearing version of a tank that was deleted from the game some patches ago.
Old March 9th, 2020, 06:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigim View Post
Ok thank you for the corrections!

But if you need one slot in Russia OOB, remember that unit 562 can be deleted (see my post above) because is the mine clearing version of a tank that was deleted from the game some patches ago.
I am losing patience. I already explained this. WHY am I going over it again?? The unit has been renamed, it is no longer a UM-1 It's now a T-80UM KMT-7 withd it's ammo/gun upgraded from 497 so it does NOT need to be deleted.It's a KMT version of unit 43

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 9th, 2020, 07:30 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

No anti-ATGM systems on the T-80BVM? I'm Betting there's something though nobody has said what

Old March 9th, 2020, 10:26 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: WinSPMBT v13 Corrections

In a quickness, 5 am comes way early for me by almost 5hrs. (Volunteered for a special assignment for the next 2 weeks.) so, this ref is current.

Follows along as to what I suspected concerning protection i.e. side skirts made from steel covered in rubber for instance. Also cage armor etc. con't "Rear parts of the hull and turret are covered by cage armor."

About ATGW protection: From ref. "The T-80BVM is reportedly fitted with a passive countermeasures system, which improved protection against some types of anti-tank guided missiles."

ATGW: "The gun can also launch 9M119M Refleks (Western designation AT-11 Sniper-B) anti-tank guided missiles in the same manner as ordinary rounds. These missiles extend the effective range of the 125 mm gun, which lacks accuracy at longer ranges."

Ammo: "Effective range of fire with APFSDS round is 2 000-3 000 m day and 2 000-2 600 m at night. Armor penetration is around 590-630 mm at 2 000 m range. The T-80BVM is compatible with newly developed Svinets-1 and Svinets-2 APFSDS rounds with tungsten and depleted uranium penetrators."

It's a quick read. I don't really see anything to change my mind about this tank as discussed in my last.

Ammo issues are big difference between "compatible with" versus for instance "armed with" concerning DU ammo as noted above.

Gun accuracy well that's definitely more your department than mine.

Alright watching a show w/CINCLANTHOME and off to bed!!

Almost forgot...
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t80bvm.htm

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 10th, 2020 at 10:48 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: