.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Dungeon Odyssey

Old March 6th, 2004, 11:59 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello?

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkStar:
What free time Henk? Does that mean that you will release the next Version of your Mod?
I don't know. I'm working on it but I'm reluctant to give any release dates. Last time I did that I missed the release date by 7 months .

I would also really like to see some other peoples mods, and it's good to hear a lot of the other projects are still alive.

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkStar:

I also was glad to see that the LOTR mod was still being worked on. I have looked into making my own mod, but it seems pretty hard to change all those text files...
It's not that hard, the pdf files that come with the game give a good explanation of things. The moddingdungeonodyssey.pdf file is very usefull, especially chapter 4 gives a good overview of what files need to be changed for creating a new module, and also how they interact.

My mistake was that I first read these files after xerathul's revenge was 80% completed . It would have saved a lot of time. And don't forget about ClassFileGenerator when you're adding new stuff. it saves lots of time.

Anyhow, if you're planning anything I would advise to start with something simple and small, maybe just a changed Version of one of the existing modules. It does not need to be a lot of work. (I think necro claimed somewhere that he build his escape from the dungeon module in less than 2 hours)

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5