.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old January 19th, 2009, 10:59 AM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road
Default Stuck in Poland?

I have found the following to be the case before, and I wonder where it will stop. I have 2 decisive victories and now am on the start of the 3 battle. The problem is, though I picked the 60 battle campaign, it still claims I'm in Poland 9/39. I would had thought I was in 10/39 at least by now. I also have the indignity of having a delay mission, so it's obvious my victories don't affect the enemy's abilities. You would had thought it would had been him on the delay.

So do you ever get out of Poland? 60 battles aren't enough if I am going to spend 10% (3 battles for 9/39 possibly and 3 battles for 10/39 possibly, equals 6), or more, of my time there.
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:08 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stuck in Poland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
I have found the following to be the case before, and I wonder where it will stop. I have 2 decisive victories and now am on the start of the 3 battle. The problem is, though I picked the 60 battle campaign, it still claims I'm in Poland 9/39. I would had thought I was in 10/39 at least by now. I also have the indignity of having a delay mission, so it's obvious my victories don't affect the enemy's abilities. You would had thought it would had been him on the delay.

So do you ever get out of Poland? 60 battles aren't enough if I am going to spend 10% (3 battles for 9/39 possibly and 3 battles for 10/39 possibly, equals 6), or more, of my time there.
That is because the campaign clock is deliberately slowed down in Poland, since you have the phony war coming on later on to skip over. More battles = a more experienced core in France.

Andy
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:39 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:

That is because the campaign clock is deliberately slowed down in Poland, since you have the phony war coming on later on to skip over. More battles = a more experienced core in France.

Andy
Well at least I know this is by design, though I don't like it. I would had rather those extra 4 battles (assuming there are 6 total) take place in NAfrica or the USSR. Am I correct then that there's a full 10% of the battles in Poland? How many are in France too?

What if I picked more missions, would that give me more elsewhere, or is it one of those percentage things where no matter how much I go up, the number keeps going up in Poland too?
Old January 19th, 2009, 01:18 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Andy
Well at least I know this is by design, though I don't like it. I would had rather those extra 4 battles (assuming there are 6 total) take place in NAfrica or the USSR. Am I correct then that there's a full 10% of the battles in Poland? How many are in France too?

What if I picked more missions, would that give me more elsewhere, or is it one of those percentage things where no matter how much I go up, the number keeps going up in Poland too?
I guess that it will, i remember playing about 10 battles at poland a few times, its ok for me since i get time to build a powerful core to smash the french (poland wasn't a walk in the park like some people think), but how about starting in 11/39, this way you'll skip to norway(or france perhaps?) right away, but you'll probably not be able to cross the meuse (3 meeting engagements), and will have a hard time to beat the french with you green troops(unless you start with training off and set your troops a good experience)
Old January 19th, 2009, 03:31 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaMpWiThAWP View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Andy

I guess that it will, i remember playing about 10 battles at poland a few times, its ok for me since i get time to build a powerful core to smash the french (poland wasn't a walk in the park like some people think), but how about starting in 11/39, this way you'll skip to norway(or france perhaps?) right away, but you'll probably not be able to cross the meuse (3 meeting engagements), and will have a hard time to beat the french with you green troops(unless you start with training off and set your troops a good experience)
From what I recall of SPWAW and winSPWW2, there is nothing Norwegian in the German campaign. 10 battles, if that isn't the definition of boredom I don't know what is. I don't want to fight France with no battles, but I'm real comfortable with only two. My entire force is practically veterans already and I hate to fight agsinst the same ol' weak foe over and over. If you were playing 60 battles when you got 10 in Poland, that's just ridiculous.

I thought that picking 60 battles would come close to giving the Gemrans a battle a month, as about 45 of them could be spent in the USSR. I would also like to go into France, with about the amount of experience you would expect for them to have going in there, and not some uber-force. Sure, I should be able to make them somewhat better than they were by that time, but certainly not with the majority of my force being elites by then (10 battles will certainly do that). It's quite absurd to spend as much as 1/6 of your campaign in Poland, especially if you're trouncing them, but then I don't think the game was made to shorten your stay if you are doing very well.

Some German players must be real wimps to need to spend so much time in Poland to gear up for France. France can be a boondoggle, but take it like a man.

So now I have to question what is worse, going into France as though you were fighting there first, or having excessive training exercises with the same ol' boring Poles. Last battle I lost only 58 men and 1 AFV, and I was so bored I started getting reckless. At least with the current battle being a delay with only a visibility of 7, it shouldnj't be too boring, even if it is the same blasted enemy again; but meeting engagements, should they keep coming, get old real fast against a nation conquered so quickly.

I do have to wonder, again, just what number of battles you get in France. They and the Poles lasted about the same amount of time, and at least they're strong to a degree, and also have the possibility of the BEF joining in, or maybe even a minor like Belgium. It would make more sense to be playing some of the Polish battles there even though it makes for a much harder time for Gerry. I like the old way better. No matter who the enemy, you stay there as long as there was fighting at that front (Poland and France 1 battle per month).
Old January 19th, 2009, 05:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

OK. I get it. You "don't like it". I'll make a note of it.

As for your assumtion that "10% of the battles in Poland". This is false. I just ran a quick test and the first 4 of a 60 battle LC were in Poland and the fifth was in Norway ( there goes you other assumtion about "there is nothing Norwegian in the German campaign" ). You do pretty good at making an assumtion then writing paragraph after paragraph about it like it's fact

Results may vary. The game is not set up to do the same thing over and over. Someone may indeed get more battles in Poland and none in Norway but there is no set percentage or number

I have a save of the campaign showing the Norwegian battle as number five of a German LC if you're interested

Don
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:50 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

hey Don, do the number of battles in a LC modify the locations you'll fight?like, in 60 battles with Germans its something like Poland, france, N.africa, Sicily, normandy, holland, '45 rhine crossings, the last battle (a.k.a Berlin), and in 200 we get, poland, norway, holland, belgium, france and onwards...
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:22 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post

As for your assumtion that "10% of the battles in Poland". This is false. I just ran a quick test and the first 4 of a 60 battle LC were in Poland and the fifth was in Norway ( there goes you other assumtion about "there is nothing Norwegian in the German campaign" ). You do pretty good at making an assumtion then writing paragraph after paragraph about it like it's fact

Results may vary. The game is not set up to do the same thing over and over. Someone may indeed get more battles in Poland and none in Norway but there is no set percentage or number

I have a save of the campaign showing the Norwegian battle as number five of a German LC if you're interested

Don
deleted text for the following message...

Last edited by Charles22; January 19th, 2009 at 11:34 PM..
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:32 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post

Don
I'm not on this board to smart off Don, so I'll take your word for it. I just figured if I had three battles in 9/39 Poland, and somebody said it IS longer in Poland, then maybe I'm stuck for 6 battles since I already have three in 9/39. All my other LC starts were the same, 2-3 9/39 battles in Poland before I quit. It doesn't seem unreasonable to draw the conclusion I did with that set of information. If I get 6 total Polish battles it will be fact that it's 10% of my 60 battles, but it won't be fact all the time as you make clear (though I had to wonder the period spent in what country and the number of battles weren't constant as well).

I also stated "from what I recall" there were no Norwegian battles and I didn't elaborate on that point in the least.
Old January 20th, 2009, 09:32 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road

IIRC I've never had less than 2 battles and never more than 4, in Poland in the 60 LC.

BTW I've never tried 200 battles LC, so that is how you get Norway etc mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Bob out

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe