World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old May 15th, 2006, 01:52 PM

Private

Kuklinovsky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New elements in WinSPWW2

Thank you! So, I must explain my questions:

1. On/OFF MAP artillery - I still don't know well what kind of artillery is ON/OFF map but it seems I have to familiarize with game better for using your guidelines. But I think it would be much easier to openly name OFF-MAP assets similiar to the WinSPMBT. Moreover I have one more question: Is there any "Nebelwerfer" as an OFF-MAP artillery in the German OOB???

2. Mounted FO can't assign artillery - Let's stay at German OOB for good example. If I choose "110-Artillerie VB/M" unit including FO and its scout vehicle, I can't order him to ask artillery when he is mounted. But if I choose "75-Artillery VB" unit consisting only FO scout vehicle, I can always ask it for artillery fire!

3. Artillery fire delay - OK, I know there is an FO unit experience displayed in the "Purchase Screen" but all these units have an "Experience Mod: 0". Well, how I can buy some FO units with greater experience numbers???

4. WinSPMBT vs. WinSPWW2 FO differences - in the WinSPMBT you can choose in the Russian's OOB "77-AOP(ACRV)" unit with its composition similiar to the German's OOB "75-Artillery VB" unit in the WinSPWW2, but when Russian FO is mounted on its ACRV/PRP-2/PRP-3 vehicle, he can still ask for indirect artillery fire!
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:58 PM

Corporal

Nox is on a distinguished road

Looks great! Been playing WinSPWW2 only for a couple of hours now, but I immediately noticed that the screen now centers on moving AI units when watching the AI's turn. That is a wery nice improvement IMHO.
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:07 PM

Captain

narwan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Kuklinovsky said:
Thank you! So, I must explain my questions:

1. On/OFF MAP artillery - I still don't know well what kind of artillery is ON/OFF map but it seems I have to familiarize with game better for using your guidelines. But I think it would be much easier to openly name OFF-MAP assets similiar to the WinSPMBT. Moreover I have one more question: Is there any "Nebelwerfer" as an OFF-MAP artillery in the German OOB???

2. Mounted FO can't assign artillery - Let's stay at German OOB for good example. If I choose "110-Artillerie VB/M" unit including FO and its scout vehicle, I can't order him to ask artillery when he is mounted. But if I choose "75-Artillery VB" unit consisting only FO scout vehicle, I can always ask it for artillery fire!

3. Artillery fire delay - OK, I know there is an FO unit experience displayed in the "Purchase Screen" but all these units have an "Experience Mod: 0". Well, how I can buy some FO units with greater experience numbers???

4. WinSPMBT vs. WinSPWW2 FO differences - in the WinSPMBT you can choose in the Russian's OOB "77-AOP(ACRV)" unit with its composition similiar to the German's OOB "75-Artillery VB" unit in the WinSPWW2, but when Russian FO is mounted on its ACRV/PRP-2/PRP-3 vehicle, he can still ask for indirect artillery fire!
1. You're right that off-map artillery isn't named as such in the unit name as it was in WinSPMBT. That does make it a bit harder to distinguish them from on-map units. Maybe something to consider for the future.
As far as I know there's no nebelwerfer unit as off map arty. There is the 60cm mortar 'Karl' now though!

2. Mounted FO's have never been able to assign artillery while mounted, not in WinSPMBT either. FO vehicles are specifically designed for FO tasks. They are not merely vehicles carrying an FO. They ARE the FO. They have their FO equipment as part of their vehicle. Regular FO's (on foot) carry their equipment with them and can jump in a vehicle for a ride like any unit. That doesn't turn their vehicle into an FO vehicle. So you have to make the distinction between specific FO vehicles and regular vehicles that happen to carry an FO leg unit.

3. That's mostly reserved for generated campaign games. For regular games there is little difference in calling times between FO's and other callers (same in WinSPMBT). The big advantage for FO's is the 0.1 increase instead of 0.2 when shifting fire. They're also more likely to get fire on target (AFAIK).

4. The russian FO isn't mounted on the ACRV/PRP-2/PRP-3 vehicle in your example, the ACRV/PRP-2/PRP-3 vehicle IS the FO.

Narwan
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:35 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Pyros said:

Not just a chance... but a BIG chance for immobilisation!

cheers,
Pyros
IOW no need to put just the Impassable to points which are...well...impassable and moreover located on slope? Great!
Old May 15th, 2006, 10:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Kuklinovsky said:
- in the Encyclopedia and Purchase Screen I can't distinguish between ON-MAP and OFF-MAP artillery

Maybe DRG could explain me all above strange things because in the WinSPMBT they look exactly otherwise.
I'll explain this one point as that all the time I have available tonight but if others haven't explained them well enough by tomorrow I'll see what I can do

Anything in the "Howitzer" class is ON map arty

"Artillery" class is OFF map ( light artillery, artillery and Heavy artillery )

"Howitzers" tend to show up on the first page of the purchase screen as a general rule of thumb and the off map arty is generally the last things on the arty list

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....