.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:43 PM

Private

drumsonly2002 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Updated mod: The Babylon Project

EXCELLENT WORK!!!! Like owning a new game (space sim). Fantastic. It's great to see new mods. Well appreciated.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 03:54 PM

Corporal

Ace_Garp is on a distinguished road

This sounds like a great Mod - but just one question.
Does it use any of the new content / features from WW 1.2 ?
I use a Mac, and the latest update isn't (yet) available.
I can't tell just by trying it, as another mod used some parts from the update, and seemed to run fine until it crashed on me at an apparently random time.
Anyway - look forward to trying this mod - when I can.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 04:28 PM

Private

PaddirN is on a distinguished road

Actually yeah, it should carry over everything from v1.2. I haven't noticed anything thats caused any problems with carrying it over to 1.2, although there was an unknown crash I was getting at one point which I haven't seen for some time now. Hopefully its gone away now.

Oh, and just got a message back from psientist:

"
Re: B5: Shadowfall open source?

I am indeed no longer updating this mod. If you want to release your own variants, go right ahead. Just make sure you identify your version differently, and credit your changes and my original sources appropriately.

If you intend to do lots of work on it, you might want to give it a new name and numbering system, but build upon the existing version history so there's no confusion.

Good luck!
"

I guess the torch has been officially passed now.
Old January 4th, 2007, 03:04 PM

Private

Hopeakannel is on a distinguished road

Best mod ever! Thank you.

I found a small bug in v.2.50. After winning the Centauri fleet at their home wold, I got another jump point generator at every subsequent visit.

Before the first visit to Centauri homeworld I had previously found a jump generator as a random item on a planet, if that makes any difference.
Old January 8th, 2007, 04:10 PM

Sergeant

Psientist is on a distinguished road

Sounds like everybody likes PaddirN's mod - wish I could play it (it crashes on my mac, doh). keep up the good work...
Old January 9th, 2007, 07:27 PM

Private

dod488 is on a distinguished road

I'm in the same boat ... Mac. Guess I'll have to wait for a bit. Still enjoying Psientist's mod.

Hal
Old January 10th, 2007, 05:51 AM

Private

Why exactly doesn't the mod work on macs? Is it just because of the 1.2 changes? Do any mods work then, or do mac-users have to just play vanilla?

I should think that 1.2 mods would still work on macs if you just took out a few files from the gamedata directory. The only thing I did to bring this mod to 1.2 was to add a few .ini files, I believe its just strings.ini and numbers.ini, though I think there may be one or two more (just compare the gamedata folders with an older mod). It should work fine if you just pull those files out I would think...
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:17 AM

Private

Aight, new 2.55 update has been posted. This update is more for maintenance and upkeep than anything else. I've been going back through the series (and I'm actually watching Crusade now all the way through for the first time evar) and trying to bring the weapons effects more in line with the series. You'll notice a big difference with the Omega guns (positions and color) and the Drakh weapons. Apparently the Drakh are pansies and actually have a light blue and yellow weapon effect theme going on.

New items and lifeforms have been added in as well to spice things up, some may help your cause, others may get you into trouble... Also, the Jump Point Generator is no longer findable, may add another quest at some point to pick it up for a price.

I've also apparently reached the upper limits of the max # of quests allowed in a mod. I'm confidant I should be able to condense some quests together, but it won't be much, so don't expect many more new quests unless I start deleting old ones.

BUGS: there is still a non-occurring event which I haven't been able to identify yet. You'll notice it when you reach a planet and nothing happens (no item, no fleets, no events). I suspect its the Vorlon ally event (who? what? where?). Can anybody else confirm this? If you've seen this quest pop up let me know, otherwise I'm clueless.
Old January 10th, 2007, 03:15 PM

Corporal

Phlagm is on a distinguished road

I never had any crash issues when I put the 1.2 content into my mac, it just acted funny sometimes. (especially with the multimissile launcher) I'm guessing that the new mod overflows one of the old hardcoded system limits that was increased after 1.2. But that's just a guess.

-Jeremy
Old January 10th, 2007, 07:01 PM

Corporal

Jamiri is on a distinguished road

Last Episode of Dallas, rofl!

Just a quick note: some of the new click sounds you added are a bit, well, annoying. Especially the one that confirms your actions or is used when you click on the buttons that change playing speed during combat (sounds a bit like breaking glass). In my eyes (or ears ;-) ) the click sounds shouldn't be too prominent.

The reduced firing arcs of the Omega are good, it's already the most powerful of the three ships anyway.