This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V > SEIV

Old January 25th, 2003, 01:53 AM

General

Ed Kolis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE5, Tell Aaron what\'s on your Wish List

The ability to keep a race's attributes when they become part of your empire! It was always fun (if a bit of micromanagement) sending all my Psilons to the mineral poor worlds so they could do research and spreading out the Silicoids so they'd take all the space nobody else wanted on the planets...

Parasite Spore Bombs that initiate ground combat as if troops were dropped - against organic races, at least... mechanoids would need special computer viruses... allow computer viruses to be used against units as well...
Old January 25th, 2003, 02:58 AM

Major

primitive is on a distinguished road

Phoenix-D

Point system is for the AI. It realy bugs me that you never can end a war against the AI (at least I can't)

If SEV gonna be a big seller it need to be more challenging in singleplayer mode.
Old January 25th, 2003, 01:33 PM

General

David E. Gervais is on a distinguished road

How about Terra-Forming? Change a planet from one type to another? (not just the atmosphere!)

Also, I would like the population (and max # facilities) of a planet to be based on more than just the size of the planet and atmosphere. (I mean, even a moon sized planet (tiny) should be able to hold a lot more facilities!) Maybe some planets could be restricted to 'automated' facilities. (too hostile to hold population!)

Just a few thoughts, Cheers!
Old January 26th, 2003, 03:00 AM

Corporal

HEMAN is on a distinguished road

Grandpa Kim & Phenoix, YOU Have the Force.
I would like for SEV;

(1)Research & intell componets - that generate, on orbital structures .I wish it was in se4gold .

(2)Better AI - with diplomatic sense/ compassion/forgivness replys to human player?.

(3)Better intelligence system - .See Phenoix.

(4)Rouge alien trader - alien request 100000 minerals,and player selects alien componet/ship/or teck available.

(5) Stars in background - of planet systems that flicker/go out.

(6) Save/printout- of begining game settings setup.Example With this game setting then playing this game, i may Lose or maybe Win.Know i can go back to a saved settings file, to see what i set, and what changes i need to adjust, so i can play another new game with better performance.
Old January 26th, 2003, 06:47 AM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road

Make ftrs still worthwhile in later in game

AI's as strong or stronger then the TDM and the other mods...

Some new additional races

Neutral AI's having the ability to expand outside their home systems

A very super Xenophobic Race, Hates everyone and everything, very seldom trades, makes deals, bent on total annialhation (sp) of all other races

Keep Moddable

new additional planet types and atmospheres

new additional atmospheres

new additional types of maps, including those like FQM, and others

Pirates and Nomads

just some ideas Mac

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking
Old January 26th, 2003, 01:50 PM

Lieutenant General

Puke is on a distinguished road

more realistic graphics. what the heck is a green giant, anyway? does it generate caned vegetables?

I would also like to reiterate the request for 'space lanes' or cargo / logistic routes for civilian / non-combattant traffic. these lanes should be able to be intercepted / blocaded.

again, customizeable treaties. take all the components of each of the other treaties, and let the player mix and match. they can trade, but ships can still fight when in the same sector. they can share intel and resupply, but not trade. they can see each others telemetry, but do nothing else. and sliders for anything percentile, so trade can have teriffs where you are not willing to give more than x percent, even if you could be giving more. or subjugation/protectorate would have a user defineable percent of resources to cough up.
Old January 26th, 2003, 04:10 PM

General

David E. Gervais is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Puke:
... what the heck is a green giant, anyway?
He's the 'other' guy that says Ho Ho Ho, but does not wear a red suit!

You stepped into that one! lol

Cheers!
Old January 26th, 2003, 09:01 PM

Corporal

orev_saara is on a distinguished road

I just remembered another one. It's pretty frustrating that the game has passive and active EM sensing, but they behave identically. I had a great idea for a mod wherein all ships naturally have some passive EM cloaking if they're not broadcasting, or targeting, or anything. If the Passive cloaking could be set to deactivate whenever any of those things happened, that would be awesome. Also, if the "drop troops" ability were implemented, that would be good, since of all the unit launches, putting troops on a planet is the only one that demands specialized equipment. Not so much for, say, mines.
Old January 26th, 2003, 09:55 PM

Corporal

orev_saara is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah, here's another one. When moving cargo, there are options for move five and move ten. What I want is an option to move one hundred. Yes, I play this game too much.
Old January 26th, 2003, 10:53 PM

Corporal

Binford is on a distinguished road

Here's my partial list:

Additional Resource types (money, SPice, etc.) added via mods. I think SE4 is close to being able to Mod the DUNE universe - SPice would be part and VERY rare, but you also need the ability to have an AI race that would act as Navigators. SHips would have no ability to warp - they would have to load aboard guild heighliners (Obviously this would need REALLY big ships)

Obviously, Intel needs to be greatly improved.

Saving Game in turn (as others state) needs to be in an upcoming patch. I spent 2 hours doing a turn the other day and got a phone call that made me run out - I left the PC on but it locked up while I was gone

I would like planets to actually ORBIT the stars in a system. Maybe not in Real time, but they would move around a bit in between turns.

MOre Strategys that work. Abilityt o have sub-fleets (aka Task Forces, within fleets with different orders).

Sats should spread evenly around planets!

A note taking system built into the game - I want to be able to add notes to Races, planets/systems, fleets, I forget sometimes what my long term goals were for any given "thing" and this would help facilitate that. Especially in PBW, where some turns don't run for 2-3 days. I don't think that would need to be incorporated in the .GAM file obviously.

Edit Messages already sent and be able to send multiple Messages to other players.

Ability to export current tech levels. (the list that is, so I can print) Maybe even the ability to compare to a Partners for trading purpose.

More soon... I'll probably have a TON of more ideas when MOO3 ever finally comes out...

Binford