Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default What A Joke *DELETED*

Post deleted by Atrocities
Old December 1st, 2004, 02:13 AM

First Lieutenant

Azselendor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What A Joke

I'm disgusted at the fact that some computer nerd made off with a boatload of our tax payer money for a website designed to dicriminate against the disabled.

Well, America got what it voted for and my beer supply is stocked up for four more years.

good thing I got my First Nation's Card in the mail today.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 01:09 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

You know, I bet the person who designed that web page made more doing it than you or I did in the Last 10 years of working. Now that is truly disgusting.

I tell you what, if I end up owning taxes this year, I will just sent the IRS a toilet seat for the bill.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 03:54 AM

First Lieutenant

Azselendor is on a distinguished road

Of course, andour pay from the Last ten years went to pay that nerd.

I'm fairly certain I'm gonna end up oweing this year after the way my employer screwed me on my payroll and the fact that in the Last four year, but returns have gone from an average of 900 dollars to barely 30 dollars.

Tax Relief my butt.

I think I'll just send the IRS a box of disappearing ink pens.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 08:28 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

LOL, you do that.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 02:46 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

So many people in the US have degrees that its worth adding it to any hiring ad. Even if they have a degree in astronomy or tree husbandry they will still be a safer hire for the janitor job than someone who can only show a high school diploma or GED. Its not the knowledge its the experience. Its also a way around many of the hiring discrimination rules. They arent allowed to base things on age, upbringing, health which the degree will make fairly well answered.

For most of those jobs they dont get anyone with all of the requirements anyway, its just worth asking. Usually military service with an honorable discharge is accepted as a suitable sub for a degree (for the same reasons)
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:57 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I just did up a resume and well, I might as well be a low grade moron for all the good it will do me. Even the temp jobs want at least a two year degree now.

I guess all that money I spent on my education was wasted. Hell I knew that the second day at school.

Hint: When you know more than the dude teaching the class, get your money back and go to a real school.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 11:08 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Degree is just an easy answer, and one that moves someone high on the pile IF they get someone who can put it on their resume.

It is interchangeable with many other things. Anything which shows "stick to it" attitude. Time in military, red cross or any kind of volunteer work, membership in any social organization such as kiwanis or the elks lodge. Basically anything that says "more than a high school disploma and living in my parents house waiting for someone to hand me a job because I think I know enough".

If you dont have ANY of those then by all means consider getting some while you are looking for work. Dont let the job gap build to years of "I was living at home and looking for work" (my brother-in-law comes to mind)

Now might not be the best time for this
But I often would say that besides college, military time is the next best thing. In 3 or 4 years (depending on the branch of service) you can have a pretty nice resume. Job training, job experience, supervisor status, licenses and certifications, and proof that you wont quit the first time the boss asks you to do overtime. They have their own little towns and you can get pretty much any kind of job. Warehouseman, Morale and Welfare (running a gym or a theatre or bowling alley), Civil Engineering (carpenter, plumber, electrician, heating and air condition), cop, fireman, accountant, cook, hospital tech, radio station, computer programmer. Im biased but I liked the Air Force. We joked about it being the service where we wave bye-bye as the OFFICERS go to war (the pilots in the planes)

ok... end of brother-in-law speach
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old March 7th, 2005, 05:29 PM

Major General

Strategia_In_Ultima is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What A Joke *DELETED*

Erm..... what is this thread about, actually?
Old March 7th, 2005, 06:57 PM

General

tesco samoa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What A Joke *DELETED*

the ramblings of a mad man.

Hey GUTB where did you go...???

He is still driving his mighty armada at 3 miles per month along the interstellar highway bypass and will be arriving shortly