.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 7th, 2011, 08:48 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (Submit Pretenders)

Reminders changed to 12h.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dimaz For This Useful Post:
Old April 7th, 2011, 01:03 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (Submit Pretenders)

Excellent! Let me begin by thanking my many enemies, whoever they may be, for providing such an entertaining foil to my unstoppable forces.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old April 7th, 2011, 11:32 PM

Major General

HA! Your mewling struggles continue to amuse me. If you surrender now, I will show you no mercy whatsoever, but will keep you broken and chained as playthings in my games of unspeakable torture.

Of course, when I conquer you utterly, shatter your inept followers, and ascend to the throne of all, I'm going to do that anyway. So it really makes no difference what you do.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old April 8th, 2011, 04:29 PM

First Lieutenant

Hosting postponed for ANDalusian_Sun by 6 hours. The game will now host at 07:10 GMT on Saturday April 9th.
Player's request.
Old April 9th, 2011, 09:34 PM

Major General

Are those wails of despair I hear? Fret not, for when I have ascended to sit My throne, you will all be dead to joy (not that it would come up) and sorrow. The anguish that you feel now? That is but a passing thing, with time the coming nightmare will be normal.
Old April 10th, 2011, 05:58 AM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road

You are mistaken, those wails are naught but your own vain daydreams of glory. As blind as the mole ascended from earth, as blind the pretender pretending to know his future. As the cowards cower from the rustling wings of foolish thugs, true power matures in the shadows.
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:12 PM

Major General

Is this what you tell your feeble, mewling underlings?

Psst. We're winning! But it's a *secret*, don't tell anybody.

You have done well, and earned yourself a place of honor - every other monday, I will trot you out of your cell to be my capering jester. Don't worry, you won't be missing out on any of the fun of our rivals - the missed 12 hrs of torture will be spread out over the remaining two weeks, in place of your nightly hour of sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
You are mistaken, those wails are naught but your own vain daydreams of glory. As blind as the mole ascended from earth, as blind the pretender pretending to know his future. As the cowards cower from the rustling wings of foolish thugs, true power matures in the shadows.
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:27 PM

First Lieutenant

Hm, looks like we have a problem. I've been informed by one of the players that he received an in-game message from another one asking for NAP. Obviously this is clear violation of game rules. Personally I think we can either find a sub for the player who sent the message or warn him and continue. Probably he missed the OP part about the game being anonymous. However, as no information about player's identities has been disclosed (only that one of the players doesn't like to read the game rules for the game he's joining), I think we should warn him (by PM, probably) and continue if he promises not to repeat this in the future.
Old April 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM

First Lieutenant

OK, after considering the fact that similar incident happened during YARG1 game and the decision was to remove the player from the game, I'm going to do the same here. The offending player will be removed from the game, and I'll try to find a sub soon. I'm adding 48h to game timer.
Old April 10th, 2011, 01:20 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
However, as no information about player's identities has been disclosed (only that one of the players doesn't like to read the game rules for the game he's joining), I think we should warn him (by PM, probably) and continue if he promises not to repeat this in the future.
Yeah, I suppose this is probably the best solution.

Feel free to add some serious wrist-slapping on my behalf though.

Edit: Heh, great timing for my post. If it's a repeat offender I guess you're right (again) though. You may still feel free to slap...