.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old September 13th, 2006, 09:10 PM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Quote:
desertdawgs said:
I'm a 36 year old, male living in Corpus Christi, Texas (on the coast). I work for the government as an occupational safety and health officer. I spent 5 years in the Army where I lived in Germany for 2.5 years and loved Europe. I've been playing video games since Pong. Played the demo for Dominions 2, but it seemed really hard so I didn't buy it. I wished I had and I've preordered Dom 3 and am really looking forward to it. I'm really looking forward to getting the hang of the game and then playing in multiplayer.
Welcome on the forum.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old September 13th, 2006, 11:07 PM

Private

VanderVecken is on a distinguished road

Hey desertdawgs and JaydedOne, the white sands of Port Aransas(doesn't look right?) and Corpus Christi is where I went every other weekend while doing Medical and 300F1(SF) training. We brought a Pick-up truck load of sand and dumped it by a creek running by barracks in Ft. Sam and stold (er .. temperarily appropriated) two of the Life guard 'Ladder' chairs from the Pentathalon pool and we had a beach party that was beyond belief - remember that Ft. Sam is only 1 of a few Posts where there are over 33% females, hehehe. I hope the Texas coast (or any of the seacoast states doesn't get a big hit during this hurricane season. We all need a break from that kind of misery.
Old September 14th, 2006, 04:31 AM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road

Hm. Don't think I've replied to this thread yet.

I'm a 30-yr-old software engineer currently based in the San Francisco Bay Area after spending a non-trivial amount of time in graduate school studying feature selection, nonlinear scaling and function fitting. *shrug* Got a fairly weird sense of humor, a somewhat retro game-playing habit (recently joined a still-running Hack-n-Slash game... which is normally run on *Amiga* CNET BBSes), and an odd relationship with tentacles (read some Lovecraft, played CoC RPG and 'Cults across America', and generally avoid eating tentacled things -- not fond of ultra-chewy food).

As my 'Reged' date shows, I've been on this forum for a while -- having started with Space Empires IV and Dominions:PPP, after seeing both games discussed quite favorably on USENET (csipgs, specifically).
Old September 14th, 2006, 12:58 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Agrajag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Taqwus said:
As my 'Reged' date shows, I've been on this forum for a while
You joined only slightly after Jesus was born :O

Quote:
desertdawgs said:
I work for the government
A secret agent then? Working under cover?
We have no national secrets here, try someplace else
Old September 14th, 2006, 01:05 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Agrajag said:
Quote:
Taqwus said:
As my 'Reged' date shows, I've been on this forum for a while
You joined only slightly after Jesus was born :O
Actually, it reads 0002. The forum writes numbers from left to right for some reason, and lacks the setting to change it to the norm. I've been confused a few times myself. Just barbaric.
Old September 14th, 2006, 06:46 PM

Private

desertdawgs is on a distinguished road

Hey Vander, so thats why the Port Aransas beaches are so low on sand and that poor little girl drowned at the pool because there wasn't anywhere for the lifeguard to sit.
No, but really, that sounds like a true soldier roughing it by making a field expedient beach by a creek. And Agrajag, the government feels that this game is possibly a terrorist program to train new recruits on how to take over the, uh, world and I've been assigned to infiltrate this organization.
Old September 16th, 2006, 03:56 AM

Corporal

danm is on a distinguished road

hihi

i finally registered after ogod i have no idea how long of lurking...

I downloaded the dom2 demo forever ago, and played it for a bit then got distracted by something... recently i picked it up again and have become obsessed -- i've gotten more gameplay out of that demo than MOST full games i've purchased.

With Dom3 just a few weeks away, I figure its about time to make an account to blab at folk instead of just thinking about what i would post if i could be bothered to register.
Old September 16th, 2006, 06:14 AM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
danm said:
hihi

i finally registered after ogod i have no idea how long of lurking...

I downloaded the dom2 demo forever ago, and played it for a bit then got distracted by something... recently i picked it up again and have become obsessed -- i've gotten more gameplay out of that demo than MOST full games i've purchased.

With Dom3 just a few weeks away, I figure its about time to make an account to blab at folk instead of just thinking about what i would post if i could be bothered to register.
Welcome aboard.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old September 17th, 2006, 02:49 AM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road

I'm 59 young, a gamer since I was in 7th grade, short time ago , have extensive wargame collection including board and compters, I'm retired, tho still work part time, usually am found in the SEIV forum or in the SEIV chat Room, Been playing Dom2 for the last 3 months, love the game, look foreward to 3 coming out, play hotseat with friends usually every sunday, they also play Dom2, currently playing several pbem games of war in the pacific and several pbw games of SEIV specifically the carrier mod. some hobbies are, reading sci-fi, military history, tactics and strategy, sports and other things. 2 sons, both are gamers tho not always the same games as I am, 1 daughter, 1 granddaughter age 6.

just thought i'd finally say hello

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking
Old September 17th, 2006, 10:45 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Glad to see you Mac. I was an SEIV crossover from the Dom side. I think its kindof interesting that the largest crossover we have (back and forth) is from Space Empires. I think it has something to do with the wealth of creation options at the beginning of the game (and the pbem turn system probably).
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)