The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Ibology > Approaching Infinity

Old April 29th, 2015, 04:46 PM

Corporal

Baldrick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reports of bugs or possible bugs.

Hi Ibol,

I went into Whitespace using a device that lets you travel through "Black holes". I am not completely sure, but in the sector I used to enter Whitespace were placed the Bankers Headquarters. Maybe it helps. I will try again today to see If something happens.
Old April 29th, 2015, 06:12 PM

Corporal

Baldrick is on a distinguished road

Hi Ibol,

I have just played in Whitespace and I have found a vessel I had to destroy. It was a quest I had to do in another sector. Maybe quests appear in Whitespace unintentionally.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baldrick For This Useful Post:
Old April 29th, 2015, 09:52 PM

First Lieutenant

ibol is on a distinguished road

Baldrick,
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I just put whitespace checks in the quest-spawners. should hopefully put a stop to that.

There really are a lot of awesome changes in this next update, I'm pretty excited
Old May 7th, 2015, 03:29 PM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road
Bug Re: Reports of bugs or possible bugs.

There seems to be a ranged weapon bug, which I notice when I'm in a hidden redeye mercenary base, and I'm on the opposite side of a door from a redeye guard. If I am two squares away north/south, and one square away east/west, the guard can shoot me, but I can't shoot back, even though neither of us are moving.

In the same arrangement but the longer axis east/west, there is no such problem.

Edit: Hmm I also see it happening on a planet with a slime-throwing blob two squares north of me and one east, with a "city wall" tile to my north, and a cave entrance to my northeast. It can spit at me, but my LOS is blocked to return fire.
Old May 7th, 2015, 03:30 PM

Private

Chris Steadman is on a distinguished road

Don't know if this is a bug but it was odd. Well into my current game. Sector 206 has a Banker station. Bankers Love me. Vordalene Hate me. I cruise around and I am attacked by Banker ships??? Couldn't see a reason why. I loose them in some nebula. I find a Vordalene ship, and I have a thought. I sidle up to it, follow it, overtake it, come back at it, parallel it etc etc. it doesn't fire on me, which is the usual response. Maybe the Banker and Vordalene 'intentions' toward me have swapped? But when I go to the Banker station it still lets me dock without batting an eyelid. I leave and seek out a Banker ship which then attacks me. Never did figure out the reason why.
Old May 7th, 2015, 05:16 PM

Follow-up to previous: I see one where the red guard is two west and one north of me through a door, and he's shooting me but blocked to my return fire.

And now, a Frawg two west and one south of me (cave floor SW, deep cave wall W of me), able to spit on me but I can't shoot back, but I am sure I have seen some situations where I can.

For example, I stepped N, causing the same situation but rotated 90 degrees, and I can shoot the Frawg. I am two N and one E of it, with a deep cave wall to my SW and cave floor to my S. Should be the same as above, but isn't.
Old May 8th, 2015, 03:51 PM

Question Re: Reports of bugs or possible bugs.

I fought a powerful ship and took fairly heavy hull damage. I went to a Sigorn base, and the hull repair would cost about 77,000 credits. I looked to see if I could craft something to repair it myself, instead. Nope. I went back to the base menu, decided to wait, left the base, and then noticed that my hull showed a full bar. I don't have any officers or devices that would do that. I had one artifact, and decided to guess it did it, but no - the artifact did "extrapolate from clues". None of my officers repair things. I didn't swap any components in or out.

So it seems like I got a free armor repair somehow.

The log does not show the hull getting repaired. It does show a surge of positive energy restoring my supplies. Maybe it also repaired the hull?

Also I don't get how I have a hull rating of 409 in my Assault Scout, with armor at 121. But that's probably me not understanding the armor system?
Old May 9th, 2015, 09:33 AM

First Lieutenant

ibol is on a distinguished road

pvk:
first, about the "los/targeting" issues:
sometimes they are in a better position than you, and they can shoot you, but you can't shoot them. this will not change.

now, about the armor:
I can not explain the repairs. It's hard to say what happens in a game with so many variables and actions (like, did you choose "do everything" in the lobby, which also repairs the hull, or did the artifact repair the hull? I don't know)

did you ever buy a new ship from the shipyard? they start with higher hull points...

hull points work like this:
1. your ship has base "hull points" per type
2. your armor adds to your hull points
3. armor is damaged first, and if you can install a new armor component, then you don't need to 'repair' that.
4. armor components do retain their damage, so uninstall and reinstall will leave you with the same damaged armor (it doesn't auto-fix it).

I hope that helps.

I have never experienced mysterious repairs (without a clear explanation) so I can't say why that happened, at least without a much more detailed analysis. So I say, enjoy it
Old May 10th, 2015, 12:21 PM

Private

Jestre is on a distinguished road

I just received the game yesterday, on disc not download, and am having an issue with the game hanging up quite frequently with a "not responding" message in top left corner. Am playing the tutorial, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, have tried turning off music and still cant get game to work without constant hangups due to "not responding"... any idea of what to do about this problem would be appreciated.
Old May 10th, 2015, 03:41 PM

Jestre, I haven't had that problem, but it might help someone answer if you said what version of Mac or Windows you're on.

I wonder if maybe a firewall on your computer is blocking the game's attempt to connect to a security server, or something? But I'm just guessing.