Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old April 24th, 2019, 03:45 AM

Corporal

chris h is on a distinguished road
Default Ammo resupply

Is it possible to stop a unit re-ammoing a weapon? E.g. say it has two MGs slot one has ammo but slot two none. Tried turning of fire for one but it made no difference?
Old April 24th, 2019, 04:12 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ammo resupply

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris h View Post
Is it possible to stop a unit re-ammoing a weapon? E.g. say it has two MGs slot one has ammo but slot two none. Tried turning of fire for one but it made no difference?
Ammo is resupplied to each weapon in turn, HE ammo, then AP, then SABOT and/or HEAT (if weapon slot 0). Once full, it proceeds to the next weapon slot till weapon slot 3.

So you must wait till weapon 0 is filled up and then weapon 1 will eventually start to get its ammo replenished.
Old April 25th, 2019, 02:22 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Ammo is resupplied to each weapon in turn, HE ammo, then AP, then SABOT and/or HEAT (if weapon slot 0). Once full, it proceeds to the next weapon slot till weapon slot 3.

So you must wait till weapon 0 is filled up and then weapon 1 will eventually start to get its ammo replenished.
OK so no. In any future upgrade would it be worth or even could it be done that turning of a weapon also stops it from re-arming?
Old April 25th, 2019, 04:14 AM

Corporal

Felix Nephthys is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

OK so no. In any future upgrade would it be worth or even could it be done that turning of a weapon also stops it from re-arming?
Why would you not want to rearm a weapon in the first place?
Old April 25th, 2019, 11:12 AM

Private

Kritkeen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Nephthys View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Why would you not want to rearm a weapon in the first place?
I can see some situations where for example you don't want to waste turns filling up your rifle ammo instead of secondary or tertiary (MG or Explosive) weapon slots. That being said, I don't think it is worth spending time trying to incorporate this to the game code. We, as players, have already too much of an advantage over AI such as selective weapon slot firing, limiting fire to shorter ranges and being able to buy and use ammo storage/trucks when it comes to ammo management. So I personally don't mind the current mechanic.
Old April 26th, 2019, 02:47 AM

Corporal

Reality. Men with an empty weapon are going to want ammo. If it's not possible so-be-it.
Old April 26th, 2019, 08:06 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

Did I misunderstand the initial question?
Old April 26th, 2019, 09:21 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlubue View Post
Did I misunderstand the initial question?
I don't kmow, did you?

My initial question was can you re-arm a specific weapon. The answer was no, it's done in slot order. I next asked if some future upgrade could do it by turning of a weapon, as you do for stopping it firing. It reality a man without bullets for the weapon would not be a happy bunny if ammo went to another man who still had it.
Old April 26th, 2019, 12:55 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

The game gives the human a cheat over the AI with ammo units.

Ammo units will supply any ammo type (ie not smoke, that is not ammo) whether the unit requires a SAM or pistol ammo or anything in between. All available in a pigeonhole in the back of the ammo truck - totally unrealistic.

Now It could be made super-duper complicated for humans:
- We could make you have to decide what ammo an ammo unit carried at game startup. (please tell me what sort of UI you would like for that)
- We could let you bypass the default order of weapon slot and ammo ranking (Again, please do let me know what sort of UI you would like for that)

Of course that would mess up any existing scenarios where the AI has something parked by an ammo bunker as that is the only way the AI gets to use the things. The AI of course does not know how to ask for a SAM...

And ammo truck usage seems to be a problem to many end users, who tend not to read the Game Guide and/or come to these forums. Any of the above would likely cause more connuptions for these users.

So, no there wont be any changes to the abstraction that ammo units already are. They is what they is, and that's that.

(Though I may in some future update remove the ability for resupply while the supplied unit is actually firing - something I have been meaning to get round to but never quite had the time.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old April 26th, 2019, 01:01 PM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
[QUOTE

My initial question was ...

Is it about not refilling a units weapon slot, in the hope, that all involved units will be ready for use sooner?

Yes I guess then I did not understand it correctly, I wondered why you would like to prevent the reloading of an arms weapon slot. The only reason I can think of, would be "military force decomposition".

Seriously, I do not know if supplying the troops altogether goes faster when half of their weapon slots are closed. At least I would not take it for granted.

Last edited by anlubue; April 26th, 2019 at 01:08 PM..