.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old April 7th, 2006, 01:41 AM

Captain

Ygorl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new turn again

Well, it was pretty much over, anyway. There would have been a few moderately spectacular battles, but I'm not so excited about getting to see them that it's worth a lot of effort on my (or anyone else's, certainly) part to figure it out.

Thanks a lot for hosting!
Old April 10th, 2006, 12:28 PM

Sergeant

jeffr is on a distinguished road

So, is it over? Did Turin win or did you guys manage to gang up on him and somehow take him out?
Old April 17th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

Turin is on a distinguished road

Well I had 11 of the 13 needed victory points already and was storming arco´s and ulm´s capitol that turn, although I´m not sure I would have won those battles. I also was storming one of marignons´s castles, which would have resulted in a giant battle, with me casting almost every possible buff on my 100s of ogres and devils and a couple air queens helping out as SC´s.

Ermor was down to 5 temples and I had positive dominion in his capital, so he was out of the game too.

I had won some decisive battles vs marignon before, with only very few losses. My economy was absolutely crazy for such a small map, I think I had ~250gems/turn , 3k gold/turn ~20 devils/turn from soul contracts and ~120 blood/turn. Important artifacts were all mine again, except for the sword of augelmer and magebane.

I also had 5 well reinforced globals up, well of misery with ~200 additional gems, the rest with ~100 additional.

I owned all the elemental royalty( except for antrax and the fallen earth king), two heliophagi, a couple of thuggish golems and quite a few gifted tartarians.

Perhaps CUnknown could post the gamefiles on his host machine here zipped and we can try to get it working on our own. I mainly want to know which site caused undead/demons to die in port hargal, because I had already run a lvl 4+ search of all paths except for blood(2) and holy (3) .

Oh and the battle in arandor with my 600+ troops vs marignon´s demon army should be nice to watch.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 419228-worthypretenders05.rar (2.5 KB, 184 views)
Old April 17th, 2006, 06:56 PM

Captain

Ygorl is on a distinguished road

One of the (many) lessons that I've taken away from this game: Antrax is very very cool. He can sport something like 26 hp worth of fire/banefire shields, as well as a soul vortex. Even rather buff troops tend to die rather quickly, as a result. He's not the world's most survivable chassis, but he's not bad either, and while he's alive he's pretty spectacular.

But, yeah, Turin was in good shape. Well played, Turin!