.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old November 21st, 2003, 07:11 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions II Bug Thread

This probably isn't a bug, but from a certain viewpoint it's pretty weird:
When the Soulstone of the Wolves calls wolves (lots of 'em, every turn, on the flanks!) during a castle storming, the wolves can appear *inside* the castle walls. I can just imagine the beleagured commanders screaming, "They're inside the perimeter!"...

(Edit: Should be 'within'. "Inside" the walls, literally speaking, WOULD be very, very weird.)

[ November 21, 2003, 17:12: Message edited by: Taqwus ]
Old November 21st, 2003, 10:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

OK not only does the game try to check all the maps when it comes up (with strange results if there is an old dom1 map there), and not only does it force me to keep MapEdit works in with the game maps, but it has a LIMIT on the number of maps it can list for a game? About 27 it appears.

I really wish there was a command line switch to specify a different map directory.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old November 21st, 2003, 11:05 PM

Sergeant

LordArioch is on a distinguished road

The Moloch pretender currently has a bug seriously limiting his usefulness. If he is sent into combat, your entire side will rout as soon as the imps accompanying him rout. I might be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure it's not just the Moloch but all commanders and your entire army that flees.
You might want to look into this.
Old November 21st, 2003, 11:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

HJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by LordArioch:
The Moloch pretender currently has a bug seriously limiting his usefulness. If he is sent into combat, your entire side will rout as soon as the imps accompanying him rout. I might be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure it's not just the Moloch but all commanders and your entire army that flees.
You might want to look into this.
I haven't seen this. I've used him in demo, and the imps rout in the first turn or two usually, yet the rest of the army continues to fight. I don't know what happens when he is alone though, and whether the imps then count as an army that when it routs leads to commander (in this case him) routing as well.

[ November 21, 2003, 21:14: Message edited by: HJ ]
Old November 21st, 2003, 11:21 PM

Major

Jasper is on a distinguished road

Very Minor bug. I recall I believe KO saying that the Medusa recovered from afflictions, similar to Pangaean troops. As far as I can tell (~100 turns over several games), this is not the case.

Also, do you guys have any sort of formal bug tracking setup? Or is this the right place?
Old November 22nd, 2003, 12:42 AM

Sergeant

LordArioch is on a distinguished road

I know he routs when he's alone and he routs with another commander if the troops are set to guard commander. Even just routing alone is a serious limit to the usefullness of the moloch...if he wouldn't run he'd be a useful pretender for a 9 fire bless + early expansion but as it is I won't even consider using him due to his tendency to flee battles.
Old November 22nd, 2003, 11:15 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasper:
Very Minor bug. I recall I believe KO saying that the Medusa recovered from afflictions, similar to Pangaean troops. As far as I can tell (~100 turns over several games), this is not the case.

Also, do you guys have any sort of formal bug tracking setup? Or is this the right place?
You are right about the Medusa. In the upcoming patch there will be a symbol showing if a unit heals wounds. This will it easier for me as well as you. She might have changed again. She's not too strong in my opinion.

We are not very formal, so I suppose this is it. We have an internal list that I am currently updating.
Old November 22nd, 2003, 11:50 AM

Is there any chance that in your debugging you will be reweighting the luck and/or event system?
Old November 22nd, 2003, 01:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

HJ is on a distinguished road

This may or may not be a bug, but nevertheless...
I have a hero who through hall of fame gained quickness. He now has three actions per turn due to the heroic ability (no extra items or spells that would give him quickness), but the problem is that the third action in a turn does not follow his script any more. In other words, he has five spells scripted, and then attack archers. In the first turn, he casts two spells and then attacks (he can fly), and on the second turn he continues with his script by casting the next two spells as instructed. He is not berserking or anything like that, and he followed the script when he had only two actions per turn.
Old November 22nd, 2003, 10:47 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Zen:
Is there any chance that in your debugging you will be reweighting the luck and/or event system?
Not unlikely. Dominion scales will be moddable with the patch, but we prefer to have the vanilla game balanced as well.