.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old September 21st, 2006, 02:31 AM

Corporal

Etaoin Shrdlu is on a distinguished road
Default Seriously Bo- gus, dudes

So in this latest game (playing as Arco but you'd know soon enough), I get hit by Bogus and Co.
Attack with a 150-strong force led by Pathos... down to just Bogus. He's only MR of 12, so I got a plan.
Research to Evocation 6, trick out an Astrologer with an S random with Crystal Coin, Starshine 'Cap, Spell Focus, Rune Smasher, roll the dice on a Mind Hunt, fwa-ZAP, no more Bogus.
First random event in the same turn's report... on the other side of my nation... yes, it's BOGUS!
That ever happen to you? What's the fastest Bogus has reappeared after you've dropped him?
Old September 21st, 2006, 01:37 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seriously Bo- gus, dudes

Quote:
Etaoin Shrdlu said:
So in this latest game (playing as Arco but you'd know soon enough), I get hit by Bogus and Co.
Attack with a 150-strong force led by Pathos... down to just Bogus. He's only MR of 12, so I got a plan.
Research to Evocation 6, trick out an Astrologer with an S random with Crystal Coin, Starshine 'Cap, Spell Focus, Rune Smasher, roll the dice on a Mind Hunt, fwa-ZAP, no more Bogus.
First random event in the same turn's report... on the other side of my nation... yes, it's BOGUS!
That ever happen to you? What's the fastest Bogus has reappeared after you've dropped him?
Congrats... the best anyone else can do is tie you on how fast Bogus reappeared.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 02:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

Vicious Love is on a distinguished road

Heh. Pretty sure I've only read about this happening once before, and never experienced it myself. Now, had you only thought to enslave him, you'd've realized this is a good thing.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 09:23 PM

Corporal

I think I've researched to Charm in that game... and I have experience Charming unusual characters (I had a Druid convince an enemy assassin to switch sides)... hmmm... jam a few Jade Sorc's into the stack with just such orders, including one with N6 (good random, TL's staff, will have to pass her a MoonVine Bracelet and Spell Focus)... boy oh boy are they in for a surprise this time!
Old September 23rd, 2006, 11:49 AM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Be sure the protect your mages from missiles. And bring enough bodyguards.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old September 24th, 2006, 02:30 AM

Corporal

I intend to hide them in the middle of the stack, bring more of them than they can target on defense (about 6-8 should get the job done to pick up at least one... unless they all target the same one w/ MR of "too high"!)
This isn't much of a priority as it was the first time, as it's a dead-end province (almost) unlike the half-bottleneck they were on the first time.
Game situation as of today: Turn 60, researched to Level 8 in just about everything, two Ether Lords at key bottlenecks set to spam Nether Darts, one of these itemboosted to S7. Of the original nine nations, two are gone (Mictlan and TC), another throttled by me (Vanheim, but I'm waiting to dominionkill them), next on the plate are Pythium/ Machaka (dom about 3% of ours), Ulm and Pangaea will be more of a challenge...
Update: About 7 turns later I dropped Bogus with the SC-hunter's best weapon, the Ethereal Crossbow. Three turns later, back just one province from my capital... guess! Yup, Bogus and Co. one more time!
Find someone I can push to F4E3, construct the Crown of Overmight (which autocasts Charm), stick it on the new Strategos, come in with two other Strategoi (including one with an Eth. XB from the last time as insurance)... sequence:
Rd1 Fadmarghast (the flying one) jumps into my backfield, gets targeted by the Crown. Misses. Targeted by an EXB. HIT. Rest of the gang routs... just like the other two times...
Cav catches up to Bogus, hits him, berserks him. Side note: Shortly after the first Bogus incident I fired off the Gift of Health and Haunted Forest globals. HF is sooooo sweeeeet. No particular help in this operation though. (But ya shoulda seen when Pan showed up with 300 troops only to run into one of my now four Ether Lords... only about 50 Pangaeans survived the blast) But now I have to be careful with my Jade Sorcs, gotta remember who's got the globals on their portfolio!
Strategos with C of O-M moves up, moves up, clear shot please, Crown pops off Charm, HIT and through! I now have my very own Bogus!