.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old October 25th, 2010, 12:44 PM

Private

WoodMan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA Pictland, Way of the Wilderness v1.03

I spotted a couple more mistakes, both regarding the Painted Warrior hero, fixed and uploaded new version on first post. I think its all done now
Old October 25th, 2010, 02:06 PM

Corporal

mehrunes_dagon is on a distinguished road
Post Re: EA Pictland, Way of the Wilderness v1.03

I wonder why wolves are auto-summoned by easily hireable researcher and multihero, but birds are only summoned by a single hero. What if that hero does not come? And why are birds not sneaky?

It seems strange that hags and priests have no forest walk. Hags are witches who live in forest, collecting herbs every day.

And where is clan chieftan who is supposed to be stronger authority than blood priest?

And whould it be thematic if this nation could build a special structure in every forest fort that auto-summons wolves and/or birds? IMHO this could be implenented with an immobile unit, hireable everywhere, with high cost, whose forest costs no money and spawns monsters. Or alternatively with a summonable immobile unit who is only summoned in forest and costs lots of nature gems.

//Playtesting this nation now. It takes lot of cunning to eat heavy infantry with wolves.
Old October 25th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Private

Default Re: EA Pictland, Way of the Wilderness v1.03

Hey mehrunes! Thanks for the feedback.

A quick point on the summon of birds, your Windcaller can summon 4 birds per turn, the Pack Leader auto-summons 1 wolf per turn, the only reason I did them slightly different to each other was just for a bit of thematic variance, the wolves follow their leader (like dogs ) but the birds come when called to.

The Packleader was also a last minute addition, because I found the Wolves for the Wolfriders really difficult to make, I wanted to find a way to include them in the mod on their own too. He is a cheap way of getting the wolves into your army (or using the Pictland howl spell in battle) whereas the Windcaller is a proper mage in his own right aswell as a summoner.

Only the warrior types have forest walk, the elderly (priests, hags and elders do not), I suppose it could be changed if you think its a gamebreaker, but I quite like it like this. The basic priest I mainly use just for building temples, the Bloodpriest is good for bringing into battle. As for hawks I'm not sure why they are not stealthy, I think (but maybe I'm wrong) flying units in general do not have stealth in this game (I assume you would see/hear a flock of birds coming across the sky).

Also, they are meant to be challenging/a bit different to play, I think because most people use custom nations in single player. I'm not a very good player myself, but I find you can hit a roadblock sometimes when you come up against heavy enemy resistance, but remember you can sneak an army behind enemy lines take their unguarded province, pillage it with your savages, set tax to 200 and move on, hopefully drawing some of their army away from the roadblock

Last edited by WoodMan; October 25th, 2010 at 05:41 PM..
Old October 25th, 2010, 09:06 PM

Private

Default Re: EA Pictland, Way of the Wilderness v1.04

Updated first post with v1.04. This change adds +2 Earth gems to your income, the faction now has a total gem income of +6 (or +7 if you took the Sacred Skulls as a pretender). This is now inline with what vanilla nations in Early Age get.

Sorry for all the updates after I said the mod was finished But, luckily you can update the mod and the changes take effect in your game, you don't have to start a new one (something I wish I learned a bit earlier, lol).
Old November 2nd, 2010, 10:47 AM

Corporal

Deathjester is on a distinguished road

Very nice mod. Thanks for sharing!
Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:06 AM

Private

No problem, glad you enjoyed and thanks for playing
Old August 22nd, 2011, 03:54 AM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

Just found this mod, I will have to download it and give it a try WoodMan.
Old September 30th, 2011, 09:52 AM

Private

Thanks Jimbo, glad to see people are still trying the mod so long after it was made.

Sorry for the slow reply, I haven't played Dominions for quite some time now, but I still drop in the forums about once a month as it'll no doubt go back on my hardrive one day, great game.

Hope you enjoyed the faction
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:43 PM

Private

Casual Killer is on a distinguished road

What's changes are needed for Picland to be compatible with CBM? Everything seems fine, perhaps the monster or weapon extensions?

Thanks.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:58 AM

Private

Hi CK,

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help you with that question. I have to admit, it has been a very, very long time since I played Dom3!

I'll have to get back into it sometime, it's an old gem for sure. But, right now it has been so long I really can't help, heh, sorry!

I hope someone else can!