BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 7th, 2012, 07:28 AM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road
Default North korean army vehicles pictures

Some pictures I have collected and I though might be useful for reference for icon makers etc.

The round turret MBT and the 6 wheels APC

The 8 wheels variant

The KN-06 SAM TEL.

The successor of the VTT-323.

A bit of folklore: militia towed MRLS.

The most important stuff such as the KN-06 SAM I have already recommended to be put in the game. For the APCs I am waiting next year to see if some info and official designations come out, besides game wise aren't going to be a great deal of improvement over the already present VTT-323 and BTRs, so they can wait.
Old January 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM

Captain

Pibwl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: North korean army vehicles pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post

The successor of the VTT-323.
Very handsome machine

Quote:

A bit of folklore: militia towed MRLS.
Good, that not horse-drawn. But maybe they'd eat the horses...

Thanks for links.

Michal
Old January 15th, 2012, 12:21 PM

Captain

Quote:
Good, that not horse-drawn. But maybe they'd eat the horses...
Animals-drawn cart are used quite a bit in the countryside but a trailer of that size and weight is more simply handled by a tractor.
I have sat throught the whole militia parade, the equipment ranged from old but still usable stuff, like BM-24 MRLS and M-30 122mm howitzers to completely obsolete items such as Zis-3 and
KS-12 guns. Then again one can guess that if you have to equip several millions of part time militia troops on top of an already large army in such a country you can't be picky. In such context probably the contraption above makes some sense:the tractor can normally do its work and be called upon only as needed instead of having a full blown truck permanently removed from the civilian economy or army transport.
Old January 15th, 2012, 02:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Does "The successor of the VTT-323" have a name ??

That looks like the same twin MG turret and forward turret position as the 6 wheeled vehicle in the first picture and doesn't look like the photo or the Icon we have in the game. It's not clear in the photo if the 8 wheeled variant has a twin MG but the turret silhouette is very , very similar

Don
Old January 15th, 2012, 04:46 PM

Captain

Quote:
Does "The successor of the VTT-323" have a name ??
Nope, hence the my comment about waiting for the next year, to see if they are officially aknowledged by some "official" source.
Maybe they already have been labelled in South Korea but so far nothing has emerged.

Quote:
That looks like the same twin MG turret and forward turret position as the 6 wheeled vehicle in the first picture and doesn't look like the photo or the Icon we have in the game
I don't understand what you are meaning here: that this vehicle cannot be represented by the VTT-323 icon?

Quote:
It's not clear in the photo if the 8 wheeled variant has a twin MG but the turret silhouette is very , very similar
Unfortunately I have not found hi-res pics of the 8 wheels variant but 99% it has the same twin 14.5mm of the 6 wheelers and the tracked APC.
Old January 15th, 2012, 08:32 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That looks like the same twin MG turret and forward turret position as the 6 wheeled vehicle in the first picture and doesn't look like the photo or the Icon we have in the game
Quote:
I don't understand what you are meaning here: that this vehicle cannot be represented by the VTT-323 icon?
I had thought perhaps it might be in the game as a VTT-323 variant but it's not. Had it been in the game what we have isn't close so I'd need to build a new one to match this and that's why that comment was worded that way

The 6 and 8 wheeled vehicles look to be derivatives of the BTR-70/80/90. The tracked vehicle reminds me somewhat ( sort of )the Leonidas.

Don
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:28 AM

Captain

Quote:
I had thought perhaps it might be in the game as a VTT-323 variant but it's not. Had it been in the game what we have isn't close so I'd need to build a new one to match this and that's why that comment was worded that way
Well it is a different vehicle for sure (just look at the driver sprocket position on both) . That being said, absent even a designation there is not much to go by. The only visible improvements over the VTT-323 are the IR projector and the smoke dischargers. Everything else (armor/speed/ carry capacity) has to be guessed and might not be that much better than the basic VTT-323, though there may be a number of advantages in terms of layout which cannot be translated in the game. Therefore I did not feel urgent its addition.

On a semi related note it has occurred to me that maybe units 52-53-106-107 VTT-323 might warrant some FC/RF ratings, say 2/3 as on the BTR-60s in addition to weapon n. 50 being reclassed as class 19 Auto cannon to enable fire against heicopters.
The turret has was looks like slit for an optical sight.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marcello For This Useful Post: