.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old June 17th, 2008, 11:34 AM

First Lieutenant

Edratman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: #knownfeature and maps; aka \"the Disappearing

I cannot say. I have never combined them on a commander.
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

It gets confusing when map commands are so close to mod commands. But yes, it seemed to be a map discussion so I didnt mention it as a map thought.

If #knownfeature will add to the items already randomly added, then does #equip follow #randomequip? Does the order matter? I seem to remember using #equip to gaurantee a specific item, then follow it up with #randomequip to fill out the commander and make it interesting each time the map was played. But if #randomequip came first, then would #equip simply give the items IF there was that slot still left?

Sorry. I tend to think it hacker mode. Every bug is a feature waiting to be discovered.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:50 PM

First Lieutenant

Edratman is on a distinguished road

I've got a dozen maps at home with commanders having one or the other command. No problem to run a couple of tests tonight. I'll #equip an unique armor and test away.

BTW, if you use #randomequip 4 on a mage with 4 or 5 paths, you get an insane number of gems. There is a strong relationship between path strength and number of gems acquired this way, but like many other things in the game, there is a significent randomness also.

I made a flying mage with 4 paths across the board to play with site searching. When I #randomequipped 4 this chap he would often get 100+ gems and slaves.
Old June 17th, 2008, 03:24 PM

Corporal

Panpiper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
I have used it as a fun feature though. To randomly scatter magic sites. Or set the .map file to fill in certain locations that appear special on the map with sites that were not fantastic but abit of use, just to make sure that location was maxxed out with 4 sites. Since the game re-randomized each time I played, the results were different each time but always ended up four. Sometimes the game put 4 randoms there. Sometimes 3, and one of my fills would kick in. Sometimes 2 randoms and 2 of my fills would kick in.
That's really a brilliant idea Gandalf. I had always seen the feature/killfeature thing as a bit of a kludge, but now I see it as truly elegant. Thank you for that.