winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old July 15th, 2018, 04:51 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Auto hide taskbar

I know there is an issue with the taskbar autohiding can cause issues with the game.
I don't know if this is also known but I am using it some time now without any problems.
Basically I start the game (windowed) with the taskbar NOT autohiding but after the game starts (main menu) I then enable the autohiding of the taskbar and the game has no issues.

That is under Windows 8.1
Old July 15th, 2018, 05:31 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Auto hide taskbar

And that is why we added the pop-up dialogue box that allows one to continue onwards for those few who can get their particular combo of video card/driver or whatever that does allow them to use auto-hide without the screen being mangled. That was like, 3-4 releases or so back, maybe more.

If you have auto-hide on and start the game, you should now see the autohide problems may occur yes/no dialogue, continuing on to the game should work fine for you since you have one of the rare set-ups that does coexist with autohide. So no need for swapping auto hide modes.

(Auto-hidden task bar is one of the things that really, really made me scream with frustration on the (thankfully) rare occasions I had to drive someone else's PC that had been set up with it. Autohide is for the insane)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old July 15th, 2018, 05:40 PM

Game Options - tab 2 (misc):

Quote:
Check for taskbar auto-hide- If set to ON the game will warn players that auto-hide is on and should be turned off in windowed mode. If set to OFF no warning will be given
Set that off and you will not be bothered with the warning dialogue again, since your machine operates OK in that mode

Mentioned in the release notes in 2016:
Quote:
WinSPMBT version 10.0 Upgrade patch ( Released as WinSPMBT version 7.0 - version 10.0 Consolidation patch ) - April 2016

22 New Scenarios
12 Revised Scenarios
28 New or Revised Map files
181 New or Revised Photos
327 New or Revised Icons
93 Updated OOB Files
16 New or Revised Icon Graphic files
1 New or Revised Text files
115 Revised picklist files
Upgraded Game Options
Upgraded ScenHack

The game will now detect if Taskbar autohide is on when running in windowed mode and warn the player that this may cause problems . The game will now post an error message if in windowed mode if it finds auto-hide ON. Players have the option to ignore this or cancel out of game to fix auto-hide. To turn the check ON or OFF there is new line added to GameOptions in the MISC tab.

The Y key Range menu hot-keys now work properly.

There was a bug where if you loaded a game after an AI assault or advan
Its really a good idea to read the release notes for each release, they are part of the Game Guide, as well as being noted on a screen in the installer (the never-read-me). Especially as the feature in question is mentioned as the first paragraph in that year's release..

Last edited by Mobhack; July 15th, 2018 at 05:48 PM..
Old July 15th, 2018, 06:55 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Game Options - tab 2 (misc):

Quote:
Check for taskbar auto-hide- If set to ON the game will warn players that auto-hide is on and should be turned off in windowed mode. If set to OFF no warning will be given
Set that off and you will not be bothered with the warning dialogue again, since your machine operates OK in that mode

Mentioned in the release notes in 2016:
Quote:
WinSPMBT version 10.0 Upgrade patch ( Released as WinSPMBT version 7.0 - version 10.0 Consolidation patch ) - April 2016

22 New Scenarios
12 Revised Scenarios
28 New or Revised Map files
181 New or Revised Photos
327 New or Revised Icons
93 Updated OOB Files
16 New or Revised Icon Graphic files
1 New or Revised Text files
115 Revised picklist files
Upgraded Game Options
Upgraded ScenHack

The game will now detect if Taskbar autohide is on when running in windowed mode and warn the player that this may cause problems . The game will now post an error message if in windowed mode if it finds auto-hide ON. Players have the option to ignore this or cancel out of game to fix auto-hide. To turn the check ON or OFF there is new line added to GameOptions in the MISC tab.

The Y key Range menu hot-keys now work properly.

There was a bug where if you loaded a game after an AI assault or advan
Its really a good idea to read the release notes for each release, they are part of the Game Guide, as well as being noted on a screen in the installer (the never-read-me). Especially as the feature in question is mentioned as the first paragraph in that year's release..

I think I wasn't clear enough.
Whenever I tried to use the auto hide before the game start, I had issues. Basically the game would load a squeezed super widescreen like mode.
I was well aware of the problem.

By enabling auto hide only AFTER I start the game, the problem is not there for me. That's why I mentioned it here, in case someone needs auto hide and perhaps if he/she also enables it after the start of the game, works for them too.

Don't worry, I do read the releases since ever!*

*not that I always remember what I read but yeah
Old July 16th, 2018, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post

By enabling auto hide only AFTER I start the game, the problem is not there for me. That's why I mentioned it here, in case someone needs auto hide and perhaps if he/she also enables it after the start of the game, works for them too.
OK - that is nice to know, but not much use to us since the VFX library that sets up the game screen is not something we can change since it's third-party code. So not something we can code around.

Your technique may be of use though for someone who does think that auto-hide is necessary.