.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old December 18th, 2009, 09:34 PM

Private

Seve82 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is there WH fantasy battle total mod?

And im glad that my thread is resurrected with such glorious purpose as gettin all WH FB nations under single mod!

MAY CHAOS RULE SUPREME!
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:58 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Chaos may currently be the weakest WH mod. It's certainly the one with the most problems.
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:01 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Panpiper PM'd me a while back that he's going to work on it. That was about two months ago, thought.
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:31 AM

Private

alansmithee is on a distinguished road

I'm looking at the list of armies, and from what I can tell the ones not currently done/in development are:

Vampire Counts
Orc & Goblins
Chaos Beastmen
Chaos Demons
High Elves
Dark elves?

I'm hopefully gonna polish off the Wood elves over the next couple of weeks (not sure how much I'll do on the graphics, but I hope to get them a little better and get rid of the most egregious flaws), as well as finish up the little coding I still wanna do (mainly finish the heros, decide on a nametype, couple other balance things). I'll probably look at either the Counts or Orcs after that though.
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:02 AM

BANNED USER

Most of those have someone who started work and never released anything. Okin was doing orcs, then someone else started that up for example, but no idea where it's at now.

There's also Chaos Dwarfs, which had some work done on them. Dogs of War/Tilea which I did a chunk of code for but no graphics as yet.
Old December 21st, 2009, 02:06 PM

Corporal

Calchet is on a distinguished road

I've currently two relevant mods in progress - Dark Elves fairly close to a first release (~70%, working on sprites), and Chaos Dwarfs, further up the line and on hold until I figure out how I want them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Calchet For This Useful Post:
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:00 PM

BANNED USER

I have a half done executioner sprite if you want it for dark elves.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 04:55 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamabeast View Post
I could do that quite easily, when I've fixed my current mod compilation script (which doesn't currently seem to like your mods for some reason Burn).
I have a theory on why that is happening. When the "Six Nations" mod was compiled, the only mod whose renumbering was bugged was Bretonnian's ritual summoning spells (oddly, the combat summons worked). The only difference between the summoning spells in other mods and mine was that I had listed the spells *before* the units in the bretonnia .dm file. It's a quirk of mine to start the .dm file with the spell code.

Could that cause llamascript to go haywire? Listing summoning spells before the units they actually summon? This could explain the bugginess with my Holy War mod too.
A bit late in answering this, but I would assume that this would cause problems. The modding manual lists in what order things are loaded, but IIRC the game reads the mod file line by line and if something you have put in there uses something else in the mod without that something else first being defined, strange things can result.

That's why it's a good idea to first mod weapons and armor, then mod monsters and only then mod anything else that may use those selfsame monsters (such as spells, sites, nations etc).
The Following User Says Thank You to Edi For This Useful Post:
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:38 PM

Private

alansmithee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamabeast View Post
I could do that quite easily, when I've fixed my current mod compilation script (which doesn't currently seem to like your mods for some reason Burn).
I have a theory on why that is happening. When the "Six Nations" mod was compiled, the only mod whose renumbering was bugged was Bretonnian's ritual summoning spells (oddly, the combat summons worked). The only difference between the summoning spells in other mods and mine was that I had listed the spells *before* the units in the bretonnia .dm file. It's a quirk of mine to start the .dm file with the spell code.

Could that cause llamascript to go haywire? Listing summoning spells before the units they actually summon? This could explain the bugginess with my Holy War mod too.
A bit late in answering this, but I would assume that this would cause problems. The modding manual lists in what order things are loaded, but IIRC the game reads the mod file line by line and if something you have put in there uses something else in the mod without that something else first being defined, strange things can result.

That's why it's a good idea to first mod weapons and armor, then mod monsters and only then mod anything else that may use those selfsame monsters (such as spells, sites, nations etc).
Yeah, I'd like to add I noticed that things in the mods seem to load top-down. I was doing a couple of my combat spells, but they didn't work until I put the nextspell on top of the actual spell to be cast. I'm sure this behavior is found in other things in modding.