.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 30th, 2011, 03:34 PM

Sergeant

shatner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ShatnerMA Noob to Intermediate (Running)

I've sent the following PM to Diceman (R'lyeh) and Triqui (Ashdod) to see if they want to take over Marignon.

Quote:
Hey. I'm contacting all the former players from ShatnerMA to see if any of them want to take over Marignon from green cat. You can see Marignon's position relative to the other nations here (http://www.llamaserver.net/showScore...me=ShatnerMA); according to the charts Marignon is doing respectfully, especially given their income and forts. Plus, Marignon is a really solid nation who can achieve a lot in every stage of the game, what with their high morale and heavy armored troops, massable crossbows, ubiquitous astral magic, superior recruit-anywhere priests and high-end angel summons.

I'm taking subs on a first come, first serve basis so please PM me or post in the ShatnerMA thread if you are interested.

Thanks,
Shatner
That said, if any of you know someone who wants to sub for Marignon, have them respond as well. I will give preferential treatment to previous players if they respond but otherwise it's whoever wants to fill in first.

I have also postponed hosting for another 24 hours because it looks like green cat is gonna stall again and I'd rather find a sub before letting another turn slip by.
Old January 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM

Sergeant

So, a new year... looking over it I can tell I no longer have the time needed to maintain my current glut of Dom3 games. Both work and home concerns are making it increasingly hard for me to keep pace with these games, resulting in delays, poor plays or (in a few rare cases) stalls. So, I'm going to try and find subs for me in almost all of my current games (I'm only staying in two that are either very close to a conclusion or are very low maintenance). I will continue my role as admin and will respond promptly to PM and forum posts, but I would like to promote someone still playing the game to co-admin, to ensure the smooth running of the game. Please PM me if you are interested.

Sorry for the withdraw but I don't have the time to spare and my half-assing several games won't do anyone any good.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 01:14 PM

Sergeant

I have delayed the game another 48 hours. I'm hoping to find a sub for Atlantis, which takes time, and then the sub will need to get up to speed on their new empire, which takes more time. I have extended an invitation to all of the game's eliminated players but if any of y'all know someone who would be interested, feel free to invite them on my behalf.

If after 48 hours I have heard nothing from anyone then I'm thinking of letting the nation go AI. To quote Cowbird in a PM he sent me "with Sea of Ice in effect it might be interesting if you went AI. Just one tiny global holding back an ocean of bull**** while the remaining land nations duke it out could be entertaining". He makes a good point; a whole lot of money, gems and angry, angry frog people live under that ice; leave them be and you can continue your grand wars on land. Dispel the global and you'll suddenly have two more capitals you can claim but you'll have unleashed a whole lot of crazy onto the world. Whether having the Atlantis and R'lyeh capitals locked under the ice warrants lowering the number of capitals to win from 5 to 4 is something I'll leave the rest of you to decide... should a sub for Atlantis not be found.
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM

Sergeant

Squirrelloid has been the first volunteer who was able and willing to take over what is a complex, late-game position. Many thanks for the timely subbing. I hope all of you have a good time and a good game.

Also, I'm still admin so PM me or post in the thread if you need anything. And if anyone wants to volunteer to be co-admin, please PM me.