.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V > SEV Scenarios and Mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:56 AM

Corporal

Lord_Shleepy is on a distinguished road
Default Random Events Mod: First Steps

Okay...I've been wanting to make some changes to the random events system in SEV for some time now and finally got up the presence of mind to do something.

My goal is to make a modification that will allow:

1) More frequent random events.
2) Increased numbers of random events for larger empires.
3) More varied random events (candy).

I've made a couple of steps towards #1 and #2 already with the potential for many tweaks to come. Haven't got to #3 yet. For #1 I have simply increased the chance of a random event occurring (for all size empires - empires with 50+ planets receiving a greater increase). For #2 I have attempted to mod in the possibility of more than one random event per turn (again, directed at larger empires).

Please help yourself to the attached files. I have been running mine in my balance mod folder - since I plan to use it as the basis for this, and other mods that I have planned, but I don't see why it wouldn't work as a modification of stock as well. Once I have had more time to test/enhance I hope to post a more elegant, user friendly version. For now, though I'm just looking for a little feedback. Otherwise I'll be testing this until I drop dead from old age...and still probably never get it right.

Oh...and feel free to nitpick...my programming skills are quite rusty and I'm sure I could improve my scripting code here or there.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip 542757-Random Event Mod Version 0.zip (29.4 KB, 759 views)