winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 28th, 2007, 12:27 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default OOB Error reporting procedure

We introduced this procedure on the WinSPMBT TO&E forum and so far it's working quite well. I've copied my original post and left the example the same but the procedure remains the same

This is an attempt to simplify the error reporting procedure. I don't expect it to work out perfectly for every error report but here are some examples

If you find a tank that is not being given the ammo it should have then please simply report the info that you would like to know if you were the one having to fix it. An example would be
Quote:
East German OOB36, unit 364 has not been given SABOT ammo for it's main gun (weapon 90)
That tells me the..

-Nation
-OOB number
-Unit number
-The problem
-the weapon number

...all in one, easy to read sentence.

Use that as a guideline for any error report. if it has all that info there's a much better chance it will be looked into than if it does not

If you find something that differs from what we have in the OOB that isn't an obvious error be prepared to back up what you claim with a source. If you claim artillery piece X had a start date of 1978 instead of 1980 that's great but prove it somehow or at least try.

If you have a point to make, make it. Please don't ramble on and on and on.

If you have a highly modified OOB to share with everyone then please do share it but don't drop it in my lap expecting it to be made the "official" OOB ESPECIALLY if you start the conversation with " I'm new to OOB editing but......" ( yes, this has happened ). OOB's that BUILD on the ones in the game now can be at least looked at and units cut and pasted into the official one and that improves the game for everyone. If you just cannot help yourself and have to re-organized every unit in the OOB then don't even bother sending it. It's useless to use as the game OOB as the game OOB's have to work with all the scenarios in the game and re-organizing the units means it cannot. Scenarios save the unit OOB number of the unit used in the game and refers back to that when it loads. If you re-organize the OOB and what was once an infantry unit is suddenly an M60 then what you get in a sceanrio is a mess.

The VERY best way of getting new units you may have created into the official OOB set ( and your name in the credits list ) is to use the existing OOB and build your new units/ formations in an area of the OOB where there are not other units or formations then, if submitted, can be cut and pasted into the main OOB. We very V E R Y rarely accept an OOB anymore simply because we don't know what else you've done to it and we've been bitten too many times in the past.

The bottom line is for "error" reporting keep it short and to the point and include all the info that YOU would want if someone reported it to you. Simple..yes?

Here are some further points...

Do NOT mix nations in one error report. If you have some points to make about Finland and some for the USMC, post each in its own separate message thread. (Exceptions might be where you might be comparing the same tank across several OOBS).

Don't attach OOBS to your error posts unless specifically asked for by us. If you want to post them as mods that's fine but not for OOB corrections or additions until we ask for them. We may be busy with other things and by the time we get around to them you may have already made revisions to it.

If we don't reply to your message - don't assume that we have not read your post and start asking about that.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....