.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old August 30th, 2015, 07:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oil Crisis Spreads series

@Shahadi - No spoilers from my side, but I have chosen such "daring" approach because there is a major base in the city nearby. If Brits would be stopped on the desert for long enough for reinforcements to come... that would be an end of entire Para. Dropping inside the walls gives them protection and advantage against these reinforcements.
But yes, as mentioned, this one is tough and is sort of example when "Intelligence did not do its best".

@Oche - hats off-head for trying this one on PBEM Do you happen to have some masochistic tendencies maybe?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old August 30th, 2015, 08:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

And speaking about scenarios in general, here come two new ones.

NIGHTTIME IN ARABIA is a continuation of "Doorway in Arabia" released before. We assume Paras were (barely) capable of capturing that airfield and reinforcements are coming in to support them. But Saudis mobilized a big force and are trying to recapture King Khalid Airbase in the middle of the night.
This is multi-layered scenario, you should like it. Beware though, AI waypoints gave me a lot of trouble. These may still not work correctly. Feedback appreciated.

SANDY RIDGE is a new front, a Libyan one, that belongs to the Italians. Italian task force has just conducted good and easy landing and they now push on Tripoli in order to disable that OAPEC member. Libyans are trying to fortify the capital and for this reason a strong, heavily armoured Libyan group secures and digs in on Sandy Ridge, location on the only road along the coast that Italians need to capture.
This one is mostly tank-on-tank engagement, but one side has huge advantage of defences (no, this is not your side). This one is quite tough to beat but all who enjoyed Yom Kippur scenarios in this game should also like this one.

What will come next? If you win the Sandy Ridge, combined arms assault on Tripoli will be imminent. But in so called meantime, it will be a good moment to release USMC naval landing straight at Abu Dhabi. I will put a lot of heart into this one.
And do not forget one more front to open: back then, Iraq was also an important OPEC member. And Iran was supporting the west. Beyond that, there is also Bahrain and Kuwait that need some attention. I am waiting for your suggestions, but I was wondering of Canadians could not take Bahrain, mainly from the air.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OCS New Scenarios 1.zip (204.6 KB, 490 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old August 31st, 2015, 08:56 AM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Oil Crisis Spreads series

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
@Shahadi - No spoilers from my side, but I have chosen such "daring" approach because there is a major base in the city nearby. If Brits would be stopped on the desert for long enough for reinforcements to come... that would be an end of entire Para. Dropping inside the walls gives them protection and advantage against these reinforcements.
But yes, as mentioned, this one is tough and is sort of example when "Intelligence did not do its best".

@Oche - hats off-head for trying this one on PBEM Do you happen to have some masochistic tendencies maybe?
I enjoy a good scenario challenge every now and then, whether thay maybe historical or fiction instead of playing the boring predictable Buy/deploy battles on random generated maps, i guess i like the "high" of the fog of war feel provided thru scenarios
Old August 31st, 2015, 09:05 AM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
And speaking about scenarios in general, here come two new ones.

NIGHTTIME IN ARABIA is a continuation of "Doorway in Arabia" released before. We assume Paras were (barely) capable of capturing that airfield and reinforcements are coming in to support them. But Saudis mobilized a big force and are trying to recapture King Khalid Airbase in the middle of the night.
This is multi-layered scenario, you should like it. Beware though, AI waypoints gave me a lot of trouble. These may still not work correctly. Feedback appreciated.

SANDY RIDGE is a new front, a Libyan one, that belongs to the Italians. Italian task force has just conducted good and easy landing and they now push on Tripoli in order to disable that OAPEC member. Libyans are trying to fortify the capital and for this reason a strong, heavily armoured Libyan group secures and digs in on Sandy Ridge, location on the only road along the coast that Italians need to capture.
This one is mostly tank-on-tank engagement, but one side has huge advantage of defences (no, this is not your side). This one is quite tough to beat but all who enjoyed Yom Kippur scenarios in this game should also like this one.

What will come next? If you win the Sandy Ridge, combined arms assault on Tripoli will be imminent. But in so called meantime, it will be a good moment to release USMC naval landing straight at Abu Dhabi. I will put a lot of heart into this one.
And do not forget one more front to open: back then, Iraq was also an important OPEC member. And Iran was supporting the west. Beyond that, there is also Bahrain and Kuwait that need some attention. I am waiting for your suggestions, but I was wondering of Canadians could not take Bahrain, mainly from the air.
Suggestions are always welcome of course, but unless somebody is also directly involved in those scenario designs, you will always have last call on scenario guidelines and direction.
Old September 1st, 2015, 12:50 PM

Major

Thanked 1,053 Times in 619 Posts
RetLT is on a distinguished road

I enjoyed these last 2 scenarios as well as the others in this series. Please keep the coming

I scored a DV vs the Saudis since they charged with their armor without waiting for the infantry to catch up. LAWs made short work of them.

I only got a draw vs the Libyans. They had an endless supply of tanks and Italy lacked the 3:1 ratio of forces needed for a frontal assault. The Libyan force may need to be reduced to make this winnable.
Old September 1st, 2015, 03:47 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

A draw is a win sort of.
At the very least it's not a loss.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old September 4th, 2015, 11:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

As for Nighttime in Arabia, problem with those rushing tanks is annoying. I am considering lowering their speed so they maneuver together with infantry. I just love AI for this.

As for Italians... this scenario was planned to be tough. When playtested I achieved a marginal victory, which was quite weak though. I deployed my tanks in bounding overwatch and tried to rush my infantry as close to the slope as possible. Then I relied on training of Bersaglieri troops and I was clearing the nests one by one.
"Strategically" assuming, this attack would always be tragic. If Italians to not rush with all they have got, Libyans will fortify. But Italian attack also means casualties, yet, thats sort of "lesser evil".

I am not sure when I will release the next one, but I surely will. Keep up the feedback!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old February 22nd, 2017, 02:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

OK, these are probably two finals going for the patch. Fully tested and working.

Just reminding: we are in 1975, Israel lost Yom Kippur war and is occupied and continuing US support leads to total oil embargo from OPEC countries. US and its European allies decide to use force in order to open Arab oil markets again.

STRAIGHT TO THE POINT (6th scenario) is opening of the new front. You command 6 various companies of USMC in opening moves of invasion on Abu Dhabi. Get massive air support and naval artillery, complete synchronized objectives and try to knock out the head of UAE in first minutes of war.
More details in mission description.

TRIBAL WAR (7th scenario) is indirect continuation of Doorway to Arabia and Nighttime in Arabia. Command a small, mixed British force as they punch through Saudi roadblock in mountainious western part of the country and make your way towards Mekka where the Queen wants you.

Hope you like these two
Quick reminder: these are small to medium scenarios, the smallest of all I make.

Have fun and thank you

So far were released:
1. My home is my castle
2. Doorway to Arabia
3. To block the push
4. Nighttime in Arabia (Scenario pack 1)
5. Sandy Ridge (Scenario pack 1)
6. Straight to the point (Scenario pack 2)
7. Tribal war (Scenario pack 2)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Oil Crisis Spreads Scenario Pack 2.zip (258.2 KB, 441 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old June 9th, 2019, 08:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

I was randomly searching for those in scenario lists after 2019 update, and I cannot see them? Were these omitted by mistake?
Old June 9th, 2019, 09:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Yes. I cannot recall noticing that they were posted even back to 2015 ( but I was a bit distracted in May 2015.......)

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....