Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old June 27th, 2005, 05:37 PM

Private

Jim1954 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Online Manual

Well while I did print out all of those HTML pages, some were fine but some had the last few words on the RH side of the page chopped off. It's not a disatrous consequence and I can read enough of it to get by for now.
Old June 27th, 2005, 09:35 PM

Sergeant

junk2drive is on a distinguished road

Got it running on my work computer.
Intel integrated graphics 64mb. Sound off of course.
Hmmm, suppose I can email my self saved games and play...
Hey look, dust trails are back in the tutorial.
Old June 28th, 2005, 11:26 AM

Private

Rampager83 is on a distinguished road

If you want a PDF version, get something like PDF CREATE by scansoft (~$50US at CompUSA, if not on sale). It creates a virtual printer that you select when printing the document. It then takes the document and "prints" it to a PDF file.

It is great for posting stuff online, too. I use it in my ministry for newsletters, workbook updates, etc.. By using PDF instead of HTML folks don't have to worry about printing issues. Plus, documents can be searchable.

Just my $0.02US.

Buddy
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:35 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Rampager83 said:
If you want a PDF version, get something like PDF CREATE by scansoft (~$50US at CompUSA, if not on sale). It creates a virtual printer that you select when printing the document. It then takes the document and "prints" it to a PDF file.

It is great for posting stuff online, too. I use it in my ministry for newsletters, workbook updates, etc.. By using PDF instead of HTML folks don't have to worry about printing issues. Plus, documents can be searchable.

Just my $0.02US.

Buddy
As I recall you are stuck with the page size originally selected when creating a PDF. So we get these PDF files produced in the US in some weird inch-based paper format (like "legal") that the rest of the world that is on ISO standards (e.g. A4) cannot then print?. (It has been a long while since I tried printing a PDF, but have some recollection of the page size being 100% hard-coded?).

Cheers
Andy
Old June 29th, 2005, 09:17 AM

Colonel

PDF is on a distinguished road

Andy,
It's really no problem printing an US Legal formatted doc on European A4 paper-.
US Legal is just a tad smaller than A4 so you only get a little more blank space. The other way round you have to resize at 98% or so to print but Acrobat softwar manages that all by itself.
I do that all the time with 90% of game documentation now being in PDF format... (so the argument about "it's not usable by anyone" doesn't stand much).
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:53 AM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

Hey guys...what's the big deal about it..

I just copy the html gg text and paste it to a word document...it fits good, and from there you can either print it (about 180 letter pages if I recall well) or study from the monitor...
Old July 26th, 2005, 05:01 PM

Corporal

dita is on a distinguished road

I`ve converted the manual to word format. It is the complete manual,less the part about the CD extras (haven`t got round to that bit yet!)

If I`ve got the permission of the developers I`m willing to put it on the web space I`ve got for other people to download. Currently a 6.6mb rar file. (using rar as I was told some time back that the compression is better than zip format? though I`ll take their word for it!)

Obviously, any errors in the manual would be mine, and not the fault of anyone else. I`ve just copied and pasted the text and pics (converted to bmp) and adjusted the formating if required. I`ve made no alterations to the content, other than a note saying that it is my fault if there any errors in the the manual, due to the "copying and pasting" procedure.

If this is a "no-go" then thats not a problem.

I`d be happy to keep this updated on a as and when basis.
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:21 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
dita said:
I`ve converted the manual to word format. It is the complete manual,less the part about the CD extras (haven`t got round to that bit yet!)

If I`ve got the permission of the developers I`m willing to put it on the web space I`ve got for other people to download. Currently a 6.6mb rar file. (using rar as I was told some time back that the compression is better than zip format? though I`ll take their word for it!)

Obviously, any errors in the manual would be mine, and not the fault of anyone else. I`ve just copied and pasted the text and pics (converted to bmp) and adjusted the formating if required. I`ve made no alterations to the content, other than a note saying that it is my fault if there any errors in the the manual, due to the "copying and pasting" procedure.

If this is a "no-go" then thats not a problem.

I`d be happy to keep this updated on a as and when basis.
Sorry, but the manual is copyright.

If folks want to read the manual, they can download the free game, which contains the game documentation.

Cheers
Andy
Old July 27th, 2005, 03:28 PM

Corporal

dita is on a distinguished road

Ok not a problem, I was thinking along the idea of complementing the Html version, for those people who wish to see/have it in word format, once they have the game.

Of course, making it freely available on the net would make that idea redundant! Ooops, didn`t think this one through

Sorry if caused any offence.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 04:16 PM

Private

wstraka is on a distinguished road

I'm in the process of converting the manual to a pdf format (with letter-sized width). Since my doing this is primarily for my own use and I'm in the US, I'm doing some converting to American English and also to US letter-sized format. I expect to be finished within the next day or two (at the most). If it is okay with Shrapnel Games, I'll be more than happy to post it somewhere for free download when it is complete. If anyone--particularly from Shrapnel--has any thoughts on this let me know.

Bill