.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 8th, 2012, 04:12 PM

First Lieutenant

parone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Giants and Dwarves [MA; CBM ; Noob friendly] [Full 12/12]

LOL. popcorn.
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:06 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by earcaraxe View Post
omg, calahan, here u go again. this topic has been discussed a year ago with ur false statements and misinterpretations already.
Yes this topic was (briefly) discussed a year ago, but then, like now, you have not provided any evidence to suggest that any of the statements I make against you are false. Nothing has changed during that time, and the charges against you still stand. That of being a bailer who was, and likely still is, only interested in playing in games with newbs to obtain easy victories, and someone who abandons positions once any chance of the overall win has gone. The passage of time has had no effect on these charges, as they have not gone away just because a year has elapsed since they were last mentioned.

I on the other hand have provide evidence that your statements are false (re: your statement claiming I had no participation in any of the games you bailed on), and I have provided several links to backup what I believe to be my correct interpretations of you as a player based on your actions. I am confident I can provide further evidence if needed with save game files (with llamabeasts permission and cooperation) that show that the timing of your abandonments was anything but random. As at the time you were abandoning some positions, you were also simultaneously continuing to play in several others, specifically in those games in which you still maintained winning chances, meaning you were selectively bailing on games you could no longer win. This MO is easy to spot as several players with regular bailing habits have also adopted the same MO in the past.

But perhaps we will see who is right as your future choice of games to participate in will also have bearing on the value of the assessment several people, not just myself, hold of you as a player. If you continue to only play in newb dominated games, or small hand picked invitationals with only players you've defeated on several previous occasions, then that will simply serve to reinforce all the negative opinions that are held of you as a player. And while you may well consider those opinions to be wrong, your own opinion of yourself means nothing compared to all the contrary evidence available that weighs against you. So if you dislike the opinion of you that many senior players hold then it is only your future actions that will count towards you at this point, and not your continual reliance on mere words and excuses.

Oh and maybe showing even the slightest hint of remorse for the many problems you caused with your past abandonment of several games would help, and perhaps even going so far as to offer an apology for your actions. As you haven't even had the common decency to apologise to the many players whose games you ruined by walking out on them, perhaps because I would guess that the opinion you hold of yourself is one of being whiter than white, and so you feel no cause to apologise for anything. But then being prompted to apologise only ever leads to a fake apology, as genuine apologies only occur when it is unprompted, and you have had plenty of time to do so of your own free will, but haven't.