.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old May 28th, 2012, 03:50 PM

Sergeant

GFSnl is on a distinguished road
Default EA: Dystopia, Land of Fortune

Dystopia

Dystopia a prosperous nation of trade and science, managed to stay neutral in the last Pantokrator wars. The Pegasi around mount Pegasus have always provide the nation with good Fortune. But since the discovery of Chomatic Bronze things have started to go awry.
This metal is able to gain properties of the five elements but in its purest form has an even more peculiar quality. It is able to extract Fortune from it's surroundings. But for every Fortuneous event it extracts there must be an equal and opposite unfortuneous event. A Pegasus with a Chromatic Bronze armor will generate Fortunate events in much greater numbers but will also succumb to afflictions and age much faster.
Since the discovery the Senate is embroiled in an insidious power struggle for this material and Pegasi. With advancing insight in the abilities of Chromatic Bronze other applications are being devised. Like the sinister Misfortune generating Agents of Despair and Fortune generating Bronze Statues.

Dystopia v0.8

- Add: descriptions to Unit, Spells and Nation
- Add: Flag
- Some tweaks

To do:

- Heroes
- National Holy spells
- Commander Summons

Dystopia v0.7

Dystopia is fully playable now. 8 new units and some tweaks.

- New Unit: Bird of Paradise scout
- New Unit: Bronze Turtle
- New Unit: Bronze Stag
- New Unit: Bronze Ram
- New Unit: Bronze Manticore
- New Unit: Bronze Bull
- New Unit: Bronze Archer
- New Unit: Bronze Spartan

To Do:

- Hero's
- Nation and Unit descriptions
- Flag
- Some more national spells
- Commander summons

Dystopia v0.5

Hey, I've been working all weekend on a new mod nation.
Since LLama server has been down all weekend I thought I'd share my progress.

I have made most of the recruitables. and 2 national spells. I also stole one national spell from CBM and didn't bother yet to change the description.
The nation has three main themes and is a crossing between Arco, Tien C'hi and Caelum.

Theme one: Chromatic bronze. Already finished, but not balanced, are the 5 chromatic recruitable troops. But there will be a lot more summonable and sacred bronzen statues. (not finished) Like Spartan Phalanx and various animals like alligators and bronze turtles. These statues will get their own booster spells on the battlefield.

Theme two: Communions. I love communions and I always hated the fact that they most of the time have map move 1. So here is a nation with flying communion options. Also there is a spell 'Metavallo Chloros' that turns your communions slave into an ultra communions slave with reinvigorate 50 and sheds some magic orbs each turn. But at the cost of being unable to cast himself.

Theme three: Manipulate the power of luck. The 'Agents of Despair' cause bad events where ever they are. A couple hiding in your enemies provinces can be quite devastating. There is the copied Marveni spell that causes bad events at the cost of 3S and the death of the mage. And there will be some high powered summons that generate extra good events. As do all your Hero's. ( Those summons and hero's are not included yet)

Anyway, have a look and feedback is always welcome
Attached Files
File Type: rar Dystopia v0.8.rar (431.2 KB, 315 views)

Last edited by GFSnl; June 9th, 2012 at 03:32 PM..
Old June 5th, 2012, 10:39 AM

Sergeant

BewareTheBarnacleGoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA: Dystopia, Land of Fortune

Absurdly powerful, but nice sprites. Did you make them yourself?

Tone down the power and add descriptions and it will be more entertaining.
The Following User Says Thank You to BewareTheBarnacleGoose For This Useful Post:
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM

Sergeant

Tnx for the look.

Most sprites I made myself. But some are copies of others. Like the Pegasus is actually a horse from Elder Scrolls Oblivion with the horse armor DLC. To which I attached extra wings.

It hasn't been balanced in any way as it's just version 0.7.
I have the descriptions ready and probably post an update this week-end.

It's more of a work in progress and discussions form right now for if anyone has some great ideas to implement .
Old June 9th, 2012, 03:24 PM

Sergeant

Dystopia

Dystopia a prosperous nation of trade and science, managed to stay neutral in the last Pantokrator wars. The Pegasi around mount Pegasus have always provide the nation with good Fortune. But since the discovery of Chomatic Bronze things have started to go awry.
This metal is able to gain properties of the five elements but in its purest form has an even more peculiar quality. It is able to extract Fortune from it's surroundings. But for every Fortuneous event it extracts there must be an equal and opposite unfortuneous event. A Pegasus with a Chromatic Bronze armor will generate Fortunate events in much greater numbers but will also succumb to afflictions and age much faster.
Since the discovery the Senate is embroiled in an insidious power struggle for this material and Pegasi. With advancing insight in the abilities of Chromatic Bronze other applications are being devised. Like the sinister Misfortune generating Agents of Despair and Fortune generating Bronze Statues.

Dystopia v0.8

- Add: descriptions to Unit, Spells and Nation
- Add: Flag
- Some tweaks

To do:

- Heroes
- National Holy spells
- Commander Summons
Attached Files
File Type: rar Dystopia v0.8.rar (431.2 KB, 218 views)

Last edited by GFSnl; June 9th, 2012 at 03:32 PM..