.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 31st, 2013, 10:03 PM

Corporal

Hereward is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Middle Age Crisis ,CBM1.94+Assimilation mod 1.1 6/8 Players Remaining

Why the **** did I send an expensive summon up against Embers, equipped just with a burning brand? That is ridiculous. Still, almsot my first SC losses, I think you have lost alot more so far Tiavals... Do not give up, Ossa!
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

Ossa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Middle Age Crisis ,CBM1.94+Assimilation mod 1.1 6/8 Players Remaining

I cant forgive myself for not checking that I didnt research conj-9 before. Now I've summoned 8+ Zmeys who are hiding in my castles waiting for daylight.

I'll start turning out embers from next turn on, but I dont believe that will be enough to stop you.
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals is on a distinguished road

I may have lost a lot more, it's true, but I also have a lot more resources than you. It will be interesting to see how it turns out in the end.
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:23 PM

Corporal

I can't believe I didn't block your retreat routes for that battle. I was actually going to, but the game hosted before I could re-submit (though I have no-one to blame but myself)
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals, please tell us how many gems you did put into that darkness. If its ridicilously high we can end this sooner than later.
Old April 5th, 2013, 04:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereward View Post
I can't believe I didn't block your retreat routes for that battle. I was actually going to, but the game hosted before I could re-submit (though I have no-one to blame but myself)

If you had used more of your Ember Lords to capture my castle province, I doubt my guys would have been the ones to retreat, and I did have a grendelkin defending it as well, albeit a poorly equipped one.

Quote:
Tiavals, please tell us how many gems you did put into that darkness. If its ridicilously high we can end this sooner than later.
I did use a rather high amount, but I'm not sure what ridiculously high means to you. I'd rather not divulge the total amount since that'd allow you to precisely know how many gems to use, or around. But it's more than 200, less than 800, if I remember correctly.
And it's not like I couldn't cast it again almost immediately since I get 70 death gems per turn.
Old April 5th, 2013, 06:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

Well... than I believe it's decided. I think we could fight you and beat your hordes and SCs in daylight, but this way you'll finish us in about 20 turns.

Congrats from my side.
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:35 PM

Corporal

Hmm Tiavals, I wouldn't have sent one of the ember lords, I would've cloud-trapezed a vanadrott or vanjarl with moderate equipment to each province - so that makes me feel better, as such a thug could almost certainly not beat a grendelkin...

Atm I think the darkness is almost benefiting us, because tiavals' income is way higher than ours, but the darkness puts everyone at 0, evening it out. Nearly all my SCs now are night-fighting ones, though I have lost alot through poor atk and def skill; it was an excellent decision to cast it Tiavals.

What is decisive for me is that Tiavals' gem income has just grown, and where it used to be 50 below our combined incomes, it's now 30 above. I think I could win a few more battles, and am pretty proud that my left, centre and right fronts have so far held out (except the right front this turn) but it is clearly a losing struggle. Would you be ok with playing another turn or two Tiavals? Want to check out a few more battle outcomes. Though you have my formal surrender...
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

The darkness does benefit me a lot, it's just that I've focused on Ulmish territory mostly since it's closer to my own near the places I feel are most important(my capital region where most of my summoners are). This means I'm sending around 6 Armies of the Dead each turn(600 longdead usually) to his various provinces. Often one army is enough to take one province. If I had to use conventional troops or use the spell in daylight, the results would be far worse, since ulmish troops are far superior to my own in every conceivable way. It'd also mean that even if the armies of the dead succeeded, it'd be much easier to retake the provinces. My mages are pretty good against his guys on the other hand, but if you guys had income, you'd have more mages too.

And the darkness doesn't necessarily put me to zero. My upkeep is less than 800 more than my income, but I often get lucky events(since I have a positive luck scale), and due to my high amount of provinces, it's not that rare that I actually gain 1000 gold on some turns. And I sometimes pillage provinces to squeeze some cash out of them, usually the once I capture with the longdead. Though I mostly use the money to build temples. It's crazy how strong the old ermorian dominion is, it's still the strongest on the planet despite me having almost all of his old territory for myself for dozens of turns.

And I'd be interested in seeing the results of those battles, since it seems there'll be some very interesting ones in the next turn or the one after that. Don't be so quick to surrender, if those battles go terribly for me, you might have a much better chance.

Regardless, it's been a fine game. You'd have fared a lot better, I think, if you had used the long range province conquering spells. Then again, your supply of death mages is pretty poor, and they're mostly death spells. I think there's one for Air though, and nature, but I'm not sure how well they'll work in the darkness, since my PD has darkvision too.
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:10 AM

Corporal

Mwahaha, the defenders of point coral will never be defeated!

I wished for provinces and got 2. None of them belonging to agartha! I assumed that loads of provinces would have under 10 PD, which is a requirement for getting provinces with a wish. Now I wish I wished for a chayot instead

Regarding province raiding spells Tiavals, I only researched army of the dead 2 or 3 turns ago, and call of the winds is basically useless vs PD. I needed the nature gems for various items, and call of the wild is pretty bad vs PD anyway.

I will probably stop playing after playing 1 more turn, I will turn AI.

Was an excellent game, I was amazed that I managed to stay in it, especially when fighting abysia and bandar together. My central position was very interesting to play with Vanheim's famous mobility, I had unrivalled control of the whole divided centre region, which was a great strength.

Congratulations Tiavals, you did good lad.