This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old February 11th, 2005, 04:01 PM

Sergeant

Gozra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: America the Police State

Well the march to an American Police state continues...

Congress is on the verge of backdooring a national ID card in the name of stopping Mexicans and terriorst from driving or getting welfare here in the US. And in the process placing these small silver coated chaines around every US driving citizen.
Also a Taser Killed a man which goes along with Titor saying watch out for non-leathal weapons. The news today indicates a direction that there is unrest in the general population of the US. And if we weaken then the world is ready to explod in regional tensions notice N Korea claiming nuclear status and Japan making territorial claims against China.
I can really see a police state coming if some misguided americans start riots or anti-war protests and a crack down on security by the Government.
By the way I have been watching the news closely in the Context of the Titor stuff and I am concerned.
The fact that slaughter is a horrifying spectacle must make us take war more seriously, but does not provide an excuse for gradually blunting our swords in the name of humanity. Sooner or later, someone will come along with a sharper sword and hack off our arms
Clausewitz
Old February 11th, 2005, 04:15 PM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road

I'd say they should make sure every member of Congress is aware of the provision Phoenix-D pointed out, take the vote, and then arrest everyone who votes for it for treason. Just my personal opinion...

PvK
Old February 11th, 2005, 06:09 PM

Private

Siegebreaker is on a distinguished road

Police State?
That's an interesting concept.
Social drinker: +1 influence
Obsessional trainer: +1 morale to troops, forced march
Devout: -1 influence
Administratively inept: -2 management

Retinue:
Old February 11th, 2005, 06:20 PM

Captain

sachmo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Gozra said:
Well the march to an American Police state continues...

Congress is on the verge of backdooring a national ID card in the name of stopping Mexicans and terriorst from driving or getting welfare here in the US. And in the process placing these small silver coated chaines around every US driving citizen.
Also a Taser Killed a man which goes along with Titor saying watch out for non-leathal weapons. The news today indicates a direction that there is unrest in the general population of the US. And if we weaken then the world is ready to explod in regional tensions notice N Korea claiming nuclear status and Japan making territorial claims against China.
I can really see a police state coming if some misguided americans start riots or anti-war protests and a crack down on security by the Government.
By the way I have been watching the news closely in the Context of the Titor stuff and I am concerned.

Fun is fun, but you probably shouldn't worry so much. Stress can lead to all sorts of nasty ailments, one of which is believing you can travel back in time.
Old February 11th, 2005, 10:00 PM

Sergeant

EvilGenius4ABetterTomorro is on a distinguished road

Sorry to step back on the crazy train momentarily. I just noticed that the Nuke attack in 2012 is also when the Mayan Calender ends. -cue ominous music-

And 100 years after that is when the time travelling Rush album (on vinyl) is made. -cue "Temples of Syrinx"-

It's good that this many people are weary of what steps are being taken in our best interest. I'd stop at the national I.D. card. Anything beyond that though I'd keep a look out for that scary White Train that will roll into your hometown and process all "enemies of the state" No need to go all Turner Diaries yet folks.
Old February 12th, 2005, 12:54 AM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road

No, the nuclear war takes place in 2015 according to Titor. The civil war in the US sputters on from 2008 to that date and then the 'rebels' survive the nuclear exchange better than the Feds and clean up the remnants of the government forces.

The big question is, exactly what events will be an 'exact' enough match to the Titor predictions to show a valid prediction with more than common knowledge vs. a hoaxer simply seeing the trend like many other people did. The growing divide in US society has been apparent since at least the Reagan years after all. And the Waco debacle jump-started the militia movement almost a decade before 'Titor' appeared.
Old February 14th, 2005, 12:34 PM

Sergeant

Gozra is on a distinguished road

I don't stress over too much. However I think it makes for an interesting discussion. I can see signs of unrest with Old fogies like this Churchhill Fellow in Colorado and young dumb bored students getting something started with the Federal government. Well this Titor fellow has got me thinking. What would the begining of a Civil war look like Could you or anyone recoginize if one was starting? I contend that few people could recognize what the trends were. That most people would be on the side of it can't happen here or it does not matter to me. With the enviroment going through some changes, mass media with horrible stories commonplace, The rise of non-leathal weapons, Cracks showing in the Republican party, The Federal Government grabbing for more and more power, with liberals getting more and more hysterical and out of touch with reality, with republicans pushing toward security, Well it all makes me wonder am I seeing a change in America and I just don't know what I am seeing? Or are there great things just around the corner? I am excited about the thought of a space eleavator, cure for diabeties, quantum computers, fusion energy, and better health for all.
And SEV sometime this year.
The fact that slaughter is a horrifying spectacle must make us take war more seriously, but does not provide an excuse for gradually blunting our swords in the name of humanity. Sooner or later, someone will come along with a sharper sword and hack off our arms
Clausewitz
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:08 PM

Captain

sachmo is on a distinguished road

A civil war in america will never happen again for one reason...you can't get enough Americans to care about something enough that they would be willing to SACRIFICE for it.

All of these signs you are seeing might be more your perception of the state of the world ("when I was young") then a reflection of reality.
I see the current state of public opinion as the conservative backlash to the rise of PC and liberalism. Just like the economy, this too will self correct. Eventually, it's possible that one side will imbalance the system, but I can't see a civil war as the ultimate solution to governmental problems. The citizens have too much power. They just need to use it.
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:38 PM

National Security Advisor

geoschmo is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't say never Sachmo, but certinaly not in anything like the next decade. It would take maybe a generation growing up under some pretty heavy oppression I would think. Our current population is too soft and passive. Unless there is some sort of collapse of our exsisting systems due to a plague, massive climate change or running out of oil or something. But that's not something Titor mentions I don't believe. I haven't read all his stuff. Not sure whether a food riot would be classified as a true civil war.
Old February 14th, 2005, 02:26 PM

Sergeant

EvilGenius4ABetterTomorro is on a distinguished road

Based on another thread from last year: I would say people are having paying too much attention to their X-boxes and PS2's to really care or revolt. I want my SEV! Bread and Circuses folks.