.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old December 2nd, 2004, 10:00 AM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fools Lament II - Newbies Welcome

Quote:
Soapyfrog said:
Turn65 is re-uploaded, and should now work properly.
Once I get home from work I'll certainly take a look at it then
Old December 2nd, 2004, 12:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

Peter Ebbesen is on a distinguished road

Took a look at some of the late turns.. A few comments...

Golems dualwielding swords of swiftness and wearing Hydra Armour... Why? Being lifeless, they do not get regeneration, and with their already low attack stat dualwielding long swords brings their attack value to 5. That is hardly value for money. They would have been better off trampling (boots of the behemoth or Stymphlian armour)

Tartarians BLOODHUNTING? Why? With T'ien Ch'i's many Tartarians, they should be battering down the gates of the opponents home castles instead.

With so many people liking Vine Ogres and with Ivy Kings fairly cheap to get, why (excepting T'ien C'hi) so few Ivy Kings?

I will from now on respect Celestial Soldiers with an N9 blessing Seing some of them have 4 experience stars was a bit of an eyeopener as regards their longevity.

Many important provinces with 10-40 mages in were protected by 0 or 1 domes - didn't other people hit those research and forging centres with artillery spells - or is it exactly because they did get hit and wardings went down that so few domes appear when looking at the save file? I would have expected, as the very least, a Dome of Arcane Warding over every important castle with a high concentration of fragile mages.

...Anyhow, looks like you had a good game. Did anybody feel that other factions were particularly overpowered, or how did that aspect work out?
Old December 2nd, 2004, 01:08 PM

First Lieutenant

Soapyfrog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Peter Ebbesen said:
Tartarians BLOODHUNTING? Why? With T'ien Ch'i's many Tartarians, they should be battering down the gates of the opponents home castles instead.
They were waiting for their equipment to be forged, bloodhunting seemed like a good use of their time (the 5B tartarian was doing some forging as well).

I am perhaps over obesesive about equipping my commanders as well as possible...

Quote:
Peter Ebbesen said:
I will from now on respect Celestial Soldiers with an N9 blessing Seing some of them have 4 experience stars was a bit of an eyeopener as regards their longevity.
Oh yes they were truly excellent. I lost less than 10 all game I am quite sure. I probably should have been making more of them too, but I always worry about making investments in expensive troops once the game really goes over to ritual/battlefield magic and SCs. The Sea Kings with hydra armour and rings of regen really rocked as well... excellent stats, and 18hp/turn regen!

Quote:
Peter Ebbesen said:
I would have expected, as the very least, a Dome of Arcane Warding over every important castle with a high concentration of fragile mages.
I have to admit I am quite reactive when it comes to domes... and really thats very bad esp. playing Tien Chi when flames from the sky can really ruin your caster's day. However, no one ever targetted my mage concentrations so it worked out ok in the end

Quote:
Peter Ebbesen said:
...Anyhow, looks like you had a good game. Did anybody feel that other factions were particularly overpowered, or how did that aspect work out?
It seemed good to me. Certainly one of the more fun games I have played in a long time... was actually very sad to see it end! I daresay I will run another game using this scenario in the near future, probably along with the balance mod I am using for the Faerun Mod Test game.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 09:03 PM

Corporal

Nappa is on a distinguished road

At one time I had 4 domes over my main 3 territories and 1-2 domes over most other castle spaces. For awhile I was getting hit with a ton of artillery spells as shown by the few domes still up.

On that note, one of my favorite moments of that game after getting hit turn after turn after turn with wind ride and that summon earth elemental spell was to cast wind ride of my own and see his arch druid show up

Also, one thing to remember is that this was a noob game. I know that there was at least one other person other than myself that this was their first MP game. Most of the players had been in 1-3 games before with Yossar being the exception I believe.