Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
25% autoroute question - Page 3 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 7th, 2011, 07:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

JonBrave is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 25% autoroute question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
You should play Agartha more JonBrave. They get olms both as a pretender choice and as heroes.

...Yea, Agartha is not a very powerful nation in vanilla.
Oh! Are you saying they actually use a word of "olm"? I had truly never heard of it.
Old December 8th, 2011, 06:03 AM

Sergeant

Knai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBrave View Post
Quote:
You should play Agartha more JonBrave. They get olms both as a pretender choice and as heroes.

...Yea, Agartha is not a very powerful nation in vanilla.
Oh! Are you saying they actually use a word of "olm"? I had truly never heard of it.
Yes. The Ancient Olm is an SC pretender chassis they get, the heroes are lighter thugs. Or rather, the Ancient Olm is a low grade imitation SC wannabe, and the heroes are sacks of HP.
Old December 8th, 2011, 11:13 AM

Private

Starbelly Geek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knai View Post
Yes. The Ancient Olm is an SC pretender chassis they get, the heroes are lighter thugs. Or rather, the Ancient Olm is a low grade imitation SC wannabe, and the heroes are sacks of HP.
The heroes are free mages! That are free and don't require a turn of fort time to hire! Also they don't cost anything to get! And Deepthought rocks on toast.

The Ageless Olm pretender's not too hard to make into a moderate rainbow. Never occurred to me to try to use it as an SC. Seems like there are much better options available to Agartha for that.
Old December 8th, 2011, 11:26 AM

Sergeant

Knai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbelly Geek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knai View Post
The heroes are free mages! That are free and don't require a turn of fort time to hire! Also they don't cost anything to get! And Deepthought rocks on toast.

The Ageless Olm pretender's not too hard to make into a moderate rainbow. Never occurred to me to try to use it as an SC. Seems like there are much better options available to Agartha for that.
I am clearly remembering wrong. I'd forgotten that they had any magic power at all. Clearly I need to play more Agartha, or maybe just more Agartha that isn't the Golem Cult.
Old December 8th, 2011, 04:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbelly Geek View Post
The heroes are free mages! That are free and don't require a turn of fort time to hire! Also they don't cost anything to get!
While you happen to mention that (sorry if hijacking thread!): Do you (seem to) get 2 heroes (perhaps on average) per game (I guess I mean random)? What sort of event actually fires them? (Doubtless the answers are in a file, but an answer summarising would be appreciated.)
Old December 8th, 2011, 07:50 PM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

The rate of hero acquirement is based on you luck scales. Or 3% chance of a hero per turn -+1% per luck point. Its not a random event, it is a separate check.

Some nations can get infinite heroes through so called Multi-heroe chassis. Other nations have a limited amount of heroes.

In vanilla some nations have few, or no(?) heroes at all (Patala?). Other nations only have terrible heroes that are little better than indy commanders. (MA Ulm). Lanka is special in that it can actually get units that it can summon as heroes, witch is rather underwhelming.
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:52 AM

First Lieutenant

Makinus is on a distinguished road

Continuing the hijack, who do you think is the best multihero available on the game (Vanilla and CBM)?
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:01 AM

Captain

earcaraxe is on a distinguished road

i like both the scobreds and the children of anthrax for ma aby because of diversity: access to earth boots and flaming skulls and spectral infantry.
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Marveni's Bloodhenge Druid multihero. Blood access and something like 9 non-priest paths.

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
The rate of hero acquirement is based on you luck scales. Or 3% chance of a hero per turn -+1% per luck point. Its not a random event, it is a separate check.
Ohhhh...

OK, well I've played quite a few SP random games with various races. I am under the distinct impression that I tended to get either 1 or 2, more pertinently, they were always relatively early in the game; definitely none later on, when I was doing well. Am I plain mad/wrong, how would that gell with what you say?