World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 7th, 2011, 07:49 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

Greece is not going to pay, it is not buying the M1A1s. The only thing to pay is any repairs and the shipping of the vehicles to Greece. It's not a new issue. It's a on going issue for months now and the url I linked to was just the latest.

Regarding the Australian M1A1's, I don't follow what they do so I can't comment on that.
Old November 29th, 2011, 02:14 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Is this just wrong of me to put this article with accompanying video in this thread? Hard to say, but what the heck. Please read the article first, I've heard rumors of the incident and I think I might've posted something already about the IDF's new and classified ATGW which this was purported to be, whatever it was no one walked away from it.
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/2011/...li-hit-on.html
When ready to watch the video do so in full screen to appreciate the effectiveness of the ATGW. For the crew a horrible way to go, at least we knew if it was our time it would be relatively quick under all that pressure. The beginning of THE ABYSS still makes me cringe at times.

2. The hidden Indian T-90S situation exposed, the real reasons why India has had production issues in making the T-90S.
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/2011/...supply-of.html

With Christmas around the corner how about some cheap armor as Europe is tighting the belt before you know we'll be back in the good old days of the Cold War as Russia continues double digit growth in defense spending of around 12% over the next three to four years.

3. Indonesia wants to buy German LEO 2A6 tanks.
http://www.defpro.com/daily/details/...2766aa1f6885a0

4. Austrian armor fire sale and the end of the line for the SAURERS by 2014.
http://www.dmilt.com/index.php?optio...rope&Itemid=57

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; November 29th, 2011 at 02:35 AM..
Old November 29th, 2011, 02:47 AM

Sergeant

scJazz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Is this just wrong of me to put this article with accompanying video in this thread? Hard to say, but what the heck. Please read the article first, I've heard rumors of the incident and I think I might've posted something already about the IDF's new and classified ATGW which this was purported to be, whatever it was no one walked away from it.
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/2011/...li-hit-on.html
When ready to watch the video do so in full screen to appreciate the effectiveness of the ATGW. For the crew a horrible way to go, at least we knew if it was our time it would be relatively quick under all that pressure. The beginning of THE ABYSS still makes me cringe at times.
*SNIP*

Regards,
Pat
Look closer... after the typical wow neat explosion moment I was all like... "hey Syrian Tank with angular turret!"

Read the comments on the blog

Swedish ATGM test on a Centurion.
Old November 29th, 2011, 04:31 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Fairly typical tank kill actually. wasn't even a catastrophic kill. I've seen plenty if Iraqi tanks with the turret laying 10m from the hull; and one T-62 where the turret had hit the ground gun barrel first and stuck - looked like a giant lolly stuck in the ground.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old November 30th, 2011, 05:10 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
With Christmas around the corner how about some cheap armor as Europe is tighting the belt before you know we'll be back in the good old days of the Cold War as Russia continues double digit growth in defense spending of around 12% over the next three to four years.
This should be taken in context: Russia went throught more than a decade of very low spending for a very large force structure. This had all the kind of consequences: top of the line interceptors cannibalized for parts to keep some others flying, ICBMs nearing expire date, production lines shut down and specialized workers fire,inventories of all the kind of items thinning out, research slowed down etc. The system consumed all of his fat an quite a lot of muscles too.
In all likelyhood the existing force could absorb a great deal of spending with relatively few immediate and visible effects: nominal numbers of many weapons systems in particular are still going to decrease for a while as the retiring of older systems outpaces new production.
Old November 30th, 2011, 06:01 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

I always love the folks screaming about the defense budget here in the USA.
About 50% of it is pay and maintenance (food, housing, etc.) for the troops and can't be cut unless they cut the overall size of the armed forces.
And we're currently involved in low intensity (at least to the folks not being shot at) wars which create additional "can't be cut" expenses.

But let's not reality interfere with the rose-colored-glasses view of how things "should" be.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old December 8th, 2011, 03:09 AM

Lieutenant General

This is a continuation of Post #141 Item 1. concerning the difficulties India has run into in the transfer of technology and licensing issues in the building of the T-90S in India. Below is part two of the article posted focusing on the "bottom-line" effects on the issues noted above.
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/2011/...alts-t-90.html

The next gives us a little more insight on not only the current status of the ARJUN MK II but it's capabilities as well, though a date change might be in order as well as adding ERA. Overall 93 modifications will be made over the existing ARJUN MK I to include ERA of a new type. These are "heavy" tanks in line with the ABRAMS, with both MK's coming in at over 60 tons or 20 tons heavier then the T-90S. Refs in order as published.
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/2011/...nk-poised.html
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/2011/...n-mark-ii.html
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/2011/...rjun-tank.html
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/2011/...ady-great.html

As a reminder I'm not much for "Blogger" sites, however he writes for the well respected Business Standard covering both domestic and international defense matters and served as a Col. in the Indian Army, those are my standards. Also though to be honest I haven't dug into it hard, there seems to be no further updates on the Turkish ALTAY, South Korean K2 or Japanese TK-X/TYPE 10 (Pound for pound considered by many as the most advanced tank in the world.) tanks the only other NEW tanks in development.

Regards,
Pat
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:59 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Pat..... as I have mentioned I am up to my ears in work so save me the read because you've obviously already done that and give me a HINT what you think a.....

"date change might be in order as well as adding ERA"

...means

Don
Old December 8th, 2011, 01:25 PM

Lieutenant General

Not so much for you as me to follow up on, just didn't leave my normal to "Follow up..." note with the above the Regards like done in the past. Somebody last night left his jacket in the car and Mother Nature got him wet, windy and cold within the first hour of being on post. Jacket did arrive later but too late to do much good the rest of the way. Like nukes never mess with Mother Nature!! Just wanted some tea and get under the covers until I got it into my head to post. Sorry for the clerical error.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; December 8th, 2011 at 01:43 PM..
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:47 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

No problem , all I was hoping for was it's a ahead of schedule or two years behind type of thing.

Don