BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old October 21st, 2018, 02:53 AM

Private

paulolk is on a distinguished road
Default Slight glitch

Thanks for two very good games. I was running winSPMBT and winSPWW2 on a desktop with Windows Vista and both ran perfectly. I replaced this with a laptop that runs Windows 10. Everything works fine except there is a brief lag between when I click on a unit and the shot or movement sound. I've tried different settings and looking in the manual but this problem continues. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks again
Old October 21st, 2018, 08:36 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Slight glitch

I am running both games on a laptop, via a VM, the host o/s is windows 7, and the host has 8 CPUs and 32 gigs of ram, the guest is using 4 CPUs and 16 gigs of ram and is running windows 10. No real issues, but when I have seen what you explain, I have traced it down to my host eating up CPU resources, so when I kill them it returns to normal. So guessing it could be a CPU drain if some sort. You could try rebooting laptop and make sure no extra stuff is running and then open up task monitor and watch the CPU and start the game. Then see if anything spikes.
Old October 21st, 2018, 10:06 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

If Zovs suggestion doesn't help what would help us help you would be to know which "different settings" you tried to adjust. Most "modern" machines have enough capability to handle multiple tasks and the game.. I almost always have a graphics program running along with MOBHack and sometimes ScenHack and a game ( and sometimes both ) and I have what I would qualify as a mid-level PC..certainly not one of the high-end gaming computers. The odd thing in your case is you said it ran better in Vista than win10. Check what your "Graphics Delay" setting is in GameOptions Misc ..you may need to dial it down a touch for this new computer

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 21st, 2018, 03:30 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

And don't try running in full-screen mode with modern o/ses - windowed mode is actually faster nowadays. So try windowed mode, with desktop resolution if you were trying full-screen. Modern windows o/ses do not like the old DOS-style 256 colour graphics mode.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 02:49 AM

Private

paulolk is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your answers. I turned the graphics delay from 40 to 20 and this seems to have fixed it.
The Following User Says Thank You to paulolk For This Useful Post:
Old October 23rd, 2018, 01:03 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulolk View Post
Thanks for two very good games. I was running winSPMBT and winSPWW2 on a desktop with Windows Vista and both ran perfectly. I replaced this with a laptop that runs Windows 10. Everything works fine except there is a brief lag between when I click on a unit and the shot or movement sound. I've tried different settings and looking in the manual but this problem continues. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks again
I think I had the same problem the last time I installed the game on Windows 8.1 What fixed it was what has already been suggested, switched from full screen to windowed mode at desktop resolution.
Old October 23rd, 2018, 05:04 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

Don't forget if you do want full screen mode, set the game to desktop and use Boarder less Gaming. It works great out of the box with SPWW2/MBT for that full screen effect.
Old October 23rd, 2018, 05:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

FYI-There is a link to BG near the beginning of the Game Guide, I don't use it becasue I want the taskbar showing and having the TB exposed in no way lessens my "enjoyment" of the game but I have tested it and it does work very well.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....