BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old July 20th, 2006, 05:43 PM

Private

twynn is on a distinguished road
Default Help with Pbem

Hello all, new to forum. new to this version of spww2 been playing war games forever it seems. Im a little frustrated. im having a hard time with the pbem games. dont know if im missing something or if im just that dang dumb. the directions for some reason read in stereo. i cant figure out how to get a pbem game going with my buddy. if anyone could help me with this. maybe give me the dumbed down version. i would appriciate it....guess i need a little help desk help

thank you in advance for any info you can provide.
Old July 20th, 2006, 09:42 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help with Pbem

Tell us what's going wrong and we can help you.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 21st, 2006, 04:57 AM

Colonel

PDF is on a distinguished road

Well, it's rather simple to start a pbem game : choose a acenario -or create one- then put both sides on "human player". Then you'll have to enter a password and save the game immediately, to send it to your opponent who will also have to enter a password.
The trick is that the save files are "coded" in the "PBEM games" folder under WinSPWW2 as "speml00x.dat" and speml00x.cmt with "x" being the slot number of the save in the list (visible when you save the game).
Send the files to your opponent, he will then have to play and resend you back the saves.

Is that clear ?
Old July 21st, 2006, 11:56 AM

Private

thanks, my buddy sent me the 2 files and i put them in my pbem directory. but how do i start the game. their is nothing where i would usually load a game. and when i go to the pbem files the files are there but when i click them i just get the message saying how would you like to open these files..
Old July 21st, 2006, 01:22 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
twynn said:
thanks, my buddy sent me the 2 files and i put them in my pbem directory. but how do i start the game. their is nothing where i would usually load a game. and when i go to the pbem files the files are there but when i click them i just get the message saying how would you like to open these files..
Please see the Game Manual, "main game screen" link, and study the section entitled
Quote:

Saved Games including

PBEM Saved Games and

Tournament Save Games

in the box below the illustration that describes the function of the buttons.

And then read the description for this button:

Quote:

Press this button to get a list of your saved games for each type. Pressing the button will cycle through all three save menu options

In other words, simply keep pressing the button till the page entitled "PBEM GAME LIST" shows.

Cheers
Andy
Old July 21st, 2006, 04:27 PM

Corporal

nikb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
twynn said:
Hello all, new to forum. new to this version of spww2 been playing war games forever it seems. Im a little frustrated. im having a hard time with the pbem games. dont know if im missing something or if im just that dang dumb. the directions for some reason read in stereo. i cant figure out how to get a pbem game going with my buddy. if anyone could help me with this. maybe give me the dumbed down version. i would appriciate it....guess i need a little help desk help

thank you in advance for any info you can provide.
I had a rotter of a time trying to figure out PBEM as well. Not the easiest engine to PBEM with.
Old July 21st, 2006, 11:53 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
twynn said:
OK I assume he sent them zipped and you have extracted them to the "PBEM Games" folder and there are now two files in that folder. ........ a "CMT" and a "DAT" file.

Yes?

I am also assuming you are playing a SECURE PBEM as they are the only ones you put into the "PBEM Games" folder

Now start up your game and click on "Save games" once.

It will now change to "PBEM Games" and you should see the game your opponent sent you. Click on it and go from there

If you DO NOT see the game and you KNOW it's in the corect folder check the slot number it was put into. If your opponent has a CD version of the game he has 250 slots and if you have the DL version you only get five and if he's put the game in a slot higher than 5 you won't see it and if that's the case you'll need to start again as you CANNOT simply rename the slot numbers

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:13 AM

Private

Thank you for the help. My problem was, is, that im probably not very smart. I was NOT clicking the scenario button to change it to save games then clicking it again to change it to pbem games. i was trying to access the pbem games through the actual game folder. Again thank you for the help. My pbem game is up and running.